• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Moms Against Autistic Children

J. Ann

There's a Facebook page called Moms Against Autistic Children, and it's incredibly offensive. If anybody here has a Facebook page, could you help report it and all of its statuses?

The page is not actually from mothers of Autistic children. The first page they started said that they are teenagers, some with autism and some not on the spectrum. They think that they are very funny, but they clearly are not. It took A LOT of reports for Facebook to actually delete it the first time.

The group is using satire. They are actually speaking in favor of autistic people, by making fun of those who are prejudiced against autism-ù.

The group is using satire. They are actually speaking in favor of autistic people, by making fun of those who are prejudiced against autism-ù.

They THINK they are, but they are not. Saying what a good mother someone is for throwing their child off a bridge for having Autism is not funny. They are laughing about everybody getting offended. They even posted a picture of a child with a discriminating description, and of course, without his or his family's permission. They are NOT supporting Autistics!

ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1417584612.081404.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1417584789.706588.jpg

Sickening. That, in no sense, is humour.

It has just been removed from Facebook.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I don't think that Facebook is very good at removing offensive and distressing content. I have reported some offensive pages/photos on there before but Facebook has always replied with "it doesn't violate our Community Standards".

It has finally been removed! However, it does that a lot. It's only off for a few minutes then it will turn back on. Stay on the look out for a new page with the same name; they'll probably do that again if it has been taken down.

I think fb just lets people vote on it, so that if a lot of people report the page it gets taken down regardless of community standards.

Think A$ would up their game against us if we managed to vote their fb page out of existence?

Again, I think Facebook is a breeding ground for misinformation and bad feelings.

This is sickening. It's either funny nor clever, just offensive. If that was supposed to be satire, then it's very ill-placed.

I agree, it is not at all very funny and all too typical of how many people view autism. However, I have mixed feelings about it being taken down. I think people need to see it, just to see how deeply held these views are. There are a lot of well-meaning people who think that we are exaggerating these things, who have no idea of what many of us go through on a daily basis. Showing them a site like this might open their eyes.

Would Facebook have even accepted such postings if the subject had been race, religion, or ethnicity? I rather doubt it.

They think that they're so funny! I wish I could have a talk with the "comedians" behind this!

Rumour has it it's an autistic teen girl. Presumably one who still struggles with concepts like "irony" and "sarcasm".

Rumour has it it's an autistic teen girl. Presumably one who still struggles with concepts like "irony" and "sarcasm".

I don't know if it's the same person(s) as before. There has been similar pages on Facebook as well. I'm pretty sure that at this point they get the hint that it's just making people upset, and they think it's hilarious when they do.

Hi all. Mom's against autism fb page is supposedly a page that does not like mum's that are against autism and they support autism as they themselves are autistic. They are ridiculing those mums i.e against a mum who throws her autistic child off a bridge. I myself was mislead by this page as it is very easy to do so and agree that the images were not funny!

New Threads

Top Bottom