• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Minor Quirks

Abe1

After my "diagnosis" over a month ago, I have started to question the little things I do, and wonder if they are indeed quirks of being an Aspie, or perhaps I just trying to pigeon hole everything thing into this.

Here is my list, how many people out there have the same quirks.

Chewing pen tops, everyone knows my pens as the pen tops are always well chewed, at least now though I am eating my greens!!!!!

Pun based humour, I am always very quick at finding puns in everything, as an example cleaning windows must be a pane (Pain).

Creeping up on people, in the office I tend to move quite quietly and end up being next to them without them noticing.

Walking very quickly, I tend to walk everywhere very quickly, and people cannot keep up with me.

Cracking fingers/ joints, I tend to do this all the time.

Breaking pens, I tend to break things as a release of tension, with bic type pens tending to bear the brunt, (also cheap to replace.)

Doodling, I tend to doodle in meetings, even though I very good at making notes.

So how many of these are aspie traits, and how many out there do the same thing.

I chew on clothing. I'm better at it now than I used to be, but when I was a kid my favorite shirt collars were always in pieces. I used to be a great sneak too, I could tiptoe very quietly. And I'm ALWAYS snap, crackle, popping even when I don't intend to. I swear I was a reindeer in my past life!

A lot of those sound like stimming activities. NTs do these as well, but people with ASD tend to do it a lot more obviously, or in a more intense or repetitive/ritualistic way. I also walk very fast, but I don't think that this is a specifically AS thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom