• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Middle-aged Alien

WhatDoYouMean

Greetings, Friends

I am an aspie diagnosed in my 40's who feels like an alien from another planet.

Love:

Music,True crime, numbers, process flows, knowing things, sarcasm, movie quotes, authenticity

Hate:

Bright lights, loud talking, people in the kitchen with me, when you are standing too close, false behavior, sentimentality.

Fascinating crime stories. Lately l hate bright lights. Like authentic people, but sometimes l pose as NT so that people leave me alone. Then when NT's want to be friends, I think l went to far.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome, hopefully you can have some good conversations here and feel accepted. Most of us here probably feel like aliens sometimes too, and I think that's often a feeling people in minorities get, as we are not the same as the majority, and that's generally an uncomfortable position, until our differences are better understood and more accepted. We are not well understood, yet, but at least we all have each other! Very varied as we may be.

Fascinating crime stories. Lately l hate bright lights. Like authentic people, but sometimes l pose as NT so that people leave alone. Then when NT's want to be friends, I think l went to far.
The older I get the more bright lights bother me. And masking really can backfire sometimes

Hi and welcome, hopefully you can have some good conversations here and feel accepted. Most of us here probably feel like aliens sometimes too, and I think that's often a feeling people in minorities get, as we are not the same as the majority, and that's generally an uncomfortable position, until our differences are better understood and more accepted. We are not well understood, yet, but at least we all have each other! Very varied as we may be.
This is why I joined this forum. People who won't react to me as if I have six heads.

Greetings, Friends

I am an aspie diagnosed in my 40's who feels like an alien from another planet.

Love:

Music,True crime, numbers, process flows, knowing things, sarcasm, movie quotes, authenticity

Hate:

Bright lights, loud talking, people in the kitchen with me, when you are standing too close, false behavior, sentimentality.
I feel like an alien all alone even among aspies. It is not a good feeling. I hope I am not as different as I think and it is just my misperception.

Welcome to the forum, even if you don't feel like an Earthling.

I never have either. That's why I use the star for my icon.
This seems to be a fairly common sensation for us Aspies.
We don't fit in with the majority of humans.

I like crime shows too. True or fictional.
Favourite fictional has always been Criminal Minds.

1663545565675.png

Welcome!

I'm also appreciative of having space around me and can get rather upset if my space is encroached upon.

New Threads

Top Bottom