• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Metaphorically Speaking...

Not sure if this is on topic but i've always wondered why advertisers put the word "Real" on food labels, such as "Real Mayonaise". Does it make it sell better? Is there such a thing as "Fake Mayonaise"?
I think they're trying to distinguish between natural and artificial.

Not sure if this is on topic but i've always wondered why advertisers put the word "Real" on food labels, such as "Real Mayonaise". Does it make it sell better? Is there such a thing as "Fake Mayonaise"?

It's in order to distinguish itself from Miracle Whip, which is an oil product invented in World War II to get around rationing, whereas Real Mayonnaise is made from eggs.

I read this headline just now and wondered why Walmart would share a rocket. It caused me distress for a moment because I wondered why they would get into the arms business. Were they selling rockets? If so, to whom? Then I realized it was being used as a verb. Does this ever happen to you?View attachment 40123

Yup, it happens ALL the time for me. Then I giggle. =o)

I read this headline just now and wondered why Walmart would share a rocket. It caused me distress for a moment because I wondered why they would get into the arms business. Were they selling rockets? If so, to whom? Then I realized it was being used as a verb. Does this ever happen to you?View attachment 40123
It's the problem I have with describing an occurrence or being in terms of temperature never agreed with cool and hot

New Threads

Top Bottom