• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Messiah

@Wolfsage

I know you disagree with what I said. You know you aren't wrong. You know I'm not right. We are somehow too far apart. You are certain and you must be, otherwise it would not be faith.

Faith means without doubt, right? Everything accepted, without question.

This was my issue with my own faith. Being brought up to accept it without question even though I couldn't help having them. I expected the rabbi's to have wonderful answers to satisfy a curious child, then help wrap me up in the bubble of faith that proved we had it all figure out. But they didn't, and some didn't even want to try.

We were taught to fear outsiders, the goy, the non-jews. Making sure the school gates remained locked so we'd feel safe.

We were told we were the chosen ones, God's chosen people, and it was implied that in being chosen we were special and that made us better, when in fact what it meant to be 'chosen' was we were being held to a higher standard, not better than anyone.

I wasn't able to live inside the safety of my faith's bubble, the safety of any faith's bubble, and I understood, much later on, how reassuring that would be. Maybe I would've liked to have felt that sense of community, of belonging, the familiarity of having made Judaism everything to me. And of course I would have felt the truth of it, because it is a real thing, just as your faith is.

To just accept things when I didn't feel them wasn't possible. To me, it was just another example of masking. Being a believer, rather than someone whom God was calling to make his own path.

We cannot step into each other's shoes, for we would have to have lived in them to know what it is like.

It isn't hard to pick apart those things in the bible that seem like they should not be there. And there is a good chance that some things were removed or altered, different versions came out, different interpretations in translation.

So those quotes I refer to, that turn many away in today's more accepting societies, could be removed without affecting the core truth. That if the church was to publicly and unequivocally accept ALL God's children as valid in whatever way that feel they must be, it would make it so much easier for people to find their faith in that book once again. Wouldn't that be a good thing.

God states the truth that is. Not the truth that people want it to be.

Messiah transliterated Hebrew Mashiach literally anointed in English it was common so many people could have that as part of their name but not Jesus, in the greek.

Yeshua in transliterated Hebrew(literally salvation before an earthly body just salvation,closely tied to the ruach ha kodesh(in English Holy Spirit)who moves without form and outside of time (in that word is the connection of moed (literally appointed time)speaking in Biblical Hebrew not modern Hebrew, has a lot of power to heal to change for instance Shabbat doesn't just mean sit or lie down and rack your brain, it means cease from toil and it doesn't mean do everything beforehand that makes that one day worthless.

@Wolfsage

I know you disagree with what I said. You know you aren't wrong. You know I'm not right. We are somehow too far apart. You are certain and you must be, otherwise it would not be faith.

Faith means without doubt, right? Everything accepted, without question.

This was my issue with my own faith. Being brought up to accept it without question even though I couldn't help having them. I expected the rabbi's to have wonderful answers to satisfy a curious child, then help wrap me up in the bubble of faith that proved we had it all figure out. But they didn't, and some didn't even want to try.

We were taught to fear outsiders, the goy, the non-jews. Making sure the school gates remained locked so we'd feel safe.

We were told we were the chosen ones, God's chosen people, and it was implied that in being chosen we were special and that made us better, when in fact what it meant to be 'chosen' was we were being held to a higher standard, not better than anyone.

I wasn't able to live inside the safety of my faith's bubble, the safety of any faith's bubble, and I understood, much later on, how reassuring that would be. Maybe I would've liked to have felt that sense of community, of belonging, the familiarity of having made Judaism everything to me. And of course I would have felt the truth of it, because it is a real thing, just as your faith is.

To just accept things when I didn't feel them wasn't possible. To me, it was just another example of masking. Being a believer, rather than someone whom God was calling to make his own path.

We cannot step into each other's shoes, for we would have to have lived in them to know what it is like.

It isn't hard to pick apart those things in the bible that seem like they should not be there. And there is a good chance that some things were removed or altered, different versions came out, different interpretations in translation.

So those quotes I refer to, that turn many away in today's more accepting societies, could be removed without affecting the core truth. That if the church was to publicly and unequivocally accept ALL God's children as valid in whatever way that feel they must be, it would make it so much easier for people to find their faith in that book once again. Wouldn't that be a good thing.
Faith is given not manufactured, that's why broken people usually have faith and see the benefit of it, children have a very active learning brain even if not psychologically abused have strong faith,it's living not a concept .

Messiah transliterated Hebrew Mashiach literally anointed in English
And the anointed one, or chosen one, cannot be chosen or anointed, except by others.
As the Messiah cannot self-anoint, there can be no recognition by the one to be anointed.
Who would do this anointing? And what exactly are the anointers expecting to see in order to decide when to anoint?

New Threads

Top Bottom