• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Messiah

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
What is this messiah?
To feel it, there are many who are, supporting, helping, making it possible.
I ride the wave, at different times, then return to the ocean, being part of the whole, letting others have their chance to break.
It all counts, and as I rise towards heaven I become more and more real until…I am real, no doubt. The world I once took as real, took so seriously, changes as it is no longer the same.
I know what is right
I know what I must do
I am not alone

Those who hold an idea about who they are waiting for
Will wait forever
Because what they think and what they expect matters
This is real
It has always been
Only requiring a small shift
To bring it into focus

What does?

If God is within me
And I am not separate
Then I can know myself that way
Knowing is not believing
So to know God I cannot believe something about it
I must surrender that belief
So it can become real
It is up to me
Up to us
It always has been
If I feel it’s time for change
Then let go of what I know
What is real will still remain
It always does
Nothing to lose
Nothing is lost
Let go so it can be
And I will feel it

The core of my truth, that which guides my choices, remains deep inside no matter what I do.

So what is messiah?

God within, within me, within us, in a tangible way. Knowing it without needing to explain it.
Love does not always look the same. It comes in many forms. And nobody has the sole right to decide it
I’m not here to explain this.
But this world is about the person though.
So what should I do?
How should someone who feels like this act?
Quiet and humble? Gentle and mild? Fierce and warrior-like?
Would it be obvious if you met me?
What if I went around saying – “Hey, it’s me. You know, that bloke, the one you’ve been waiting for.”
“Oh…you don’t believe in him? Ok…well, the others then, they’re waiting. So, can you let them know I’m here.” And after saying something pithy or profound, be on my way, if I can get my donkey to start moving that is.
Sometimes God is so close it is hard to describe, other times it is so far away it is like looking at everything and nothing at the same time.
I like the idea of ‘son of man’ as that always made more sense to me. When I chose this, when I first realised I could make this choice, I realised that nothing I am, nothing I do, I do by myself. That without the others who play a role in my life I cannot be anything.
So that makes the idea of 'son' seem more real. I cannot then simply walk off into the sunset, live happy ever after and not look back.
But what do I say?
These words? Others?
I am
What else?

We might never meet, the world is a big place, and I am just one soul within it. I live a small life, strange as it is, and do not seek to make the messenger more than the message. So I will leave it in His hands, as I always do, so that if/when it is right, perhaps it will appear more obvious. Let's see.

Last edited:
The date: about 2000 years ago. The place: Judea.
Someone tells me there’s a bloke they’re calling the messiah, and even though I don’t know what they say is true, I take a journey to see for myself. I have to know what they’re talking about. See whether he is who they say he is. I have to see what others say they are sure about.

But what if this was happening today? Not a bloke in sandals riding a donkey, but a real person, someone who’d lived a life not that different from you or me. Not wearing a label, just being who he is because who else could he be?

Did Yeshua know who he was or was he recognised by others into realising it? They knew the prophecies after all. An interesting question…but that’s not why I bring this up.

If there was such a man, he might like, even appreciate, a little support. Would you offer it, give things up to be around him, so that whatever he did was both witnessed and assisted? I would. I would assist such a man because to recognise him would be to recognise myself.

This son of man. This pinnacle of humanity focussing itself into one point, so as to reveal itself Messiah, by being both nothing and everything at the same time. Not really different to anyone, yet also as different as anyone can be. As ‘other’ as you’re likely to meet, compared to what you may have come across before.

What if I told you I met such a man. And he did not know who he was, as he experienced issues which caused him to forget?

I knew I had to meet him. He was something I’d not come across before. It was so obvious to me, and I knew that doing so would reveal the truth of it.

He’d taken himself away from the world, into the middle of nowhere, into the Catskills in upstate New York. He was working as a caretaker’s assistant at a Jewish girl’s camp run by Messianic Jews.

The camp was a hive of activity for two months in the summer, with literally thousands of girls coming to stay, while the rest of the year it sat abandoned, deserted, doors left open; toys and bikes laying wherever they were last dropped. It was a huge place, and to wander around it alone was a surreal experience I could never quite believe I was having.

I knew he could do things I could not do, but it was only in being there that I got to see him do things I had not seen ANYONE do. He was capable, confident, and humble in equal measure. Never needing to shine but always doing so just by the fact of who he was. Few knew who he really was; most just saw what they saw and that was fine by him. He did not want anyone following him. There were moments when even I had to stop myself from doing so, as it was so easy to let him do it; to know that when he was around, everything, and I mean everything, would be just fine.

That first night, as we walked off into the darkness, literally minutes after arriving from the UK after an incredibly long journey, felt like the right thing to do. It was like this moment had been coming for ages, and indeed having gone through a really difficult experience just to get there, had felt like I’d had to prove myself worthy of even being there at all. So to just walk away, with nothing but the clothes on my back, into the darkness, meant I had to trust him.

He was living in the guest Rabbi’s apartment, and there was a second one below it which would become mine. I’d only ever sleep in it, but I was glad to have somewhere to be on my own.

We walked and walked and walked. Miles went by. It had seemed magical to be doing this, when suddenly it dawned on me that we weren’t coming back. We’d talked about walking away many times, and the idea always felt right, but to just go, like this, without anything, did not.

My inability to deal with the fear that this might be true began to mess with me, and that was the moment he stopped walking. As if sensing the change, he asked me why I was there.

Why was I there? What was I doing in the middle of nowhere, in another country, walking with someone I’d just met? I knew I’d have to look at this, be honest, because with him there was no other way to be. I knew I had to trust him, to rely on him, as I had no way to make it out here on my own, no way to do it like he could.

I said something about pushing the boundaries of my experience, wanting to be tested in a way I’d not been before, and it sounded reasonable in the moment, and was true to some degree, but when he suddenly turned and walked into the pitch darkness of the forest, with only scattered moonlight to see by, with broken branches making it almost impossible to walk without taking great care where, and where nobody had ever walked before, I wasn’t ready.

I followed him immediately though, struggling to place my feet the moment I did. Yet he did not struggle. Not even slightly. He just seemed to glide, walking as one might walk a clear path, moving into the tangled mess without fear, without doubt. I was soon quite a way behind him and certain I was about to lose him altogether, and the fear of being there alone overwhelmed me. I would never find my way out until daybreak at the earliest.

This really scared me and I called out, and without changing his pace he just turned, ‘glided’ back towards me, and without any trace of ego, asked if I’d gone far enough. I said I had and he led me back.

That’s when I realised I had much to learn about being authentic. Not that my ego ever felt a need to compete with his; it would have done no good anyway, but to accept him for who he was, to see him for who he was, and attempt to be who I was; what he had seen in me.

And so, I spent a lot of time walking around alone while he took care of various jobs around the camp. I would come across him here and there, and in doing so we would immediately engage in spontaneous conversation about God, life and the Universe, much as we had always done online. His words contained all their usual insight and clarity.

He had such respect for the Rabbi and his wife. I never met them, but I did enter their home while he was winterising their toilet. The other houses were empty shells, only coming alive when the camp’s councillors occupied them. It was just the Rabbi’s house which contained personal items, and I liked being in it.

I was tested many times over those weeks. It honestly felt like I was there weeks longer than I was. I could’ve stayed longer, and it was made clear I was welcome to, but I just wasn’t ready. There was too much I still had to take care of back home. I also needed time to assimilate all I had gone through. It would take several years before I would see him again. He was in Florida by then, living with someone he had known a long time, who had always wanted him to live with her. She was looking after him. His epilepsy had become more than he could handle by himself. Each time he had a Gran Mal seizure, he would forget, reset, lose himself. The battle was long and arduous. I was there to bare witness to it. I saw what was really going on. What they couldn’t.

Being tested.

Walking through the woods, I suddenly knew why I'd been brought here. Why I had to come to this place at all. I thought I was escaping my old life and finding something new, when in fact I was being drawn here all along.

They were leading me into the woods, deeper and deeper. We were remote, wild, where nobody will come. Nobody will notice. Nobody will wonder about me. Having left my world behind, if I’m never heard from again, they’d just believe that’s how I wanted it.

I know they’re only doing what they think they have to do. It is my time, and they are the ones who will do it. The darkness cannot let me stay, so it sends its people to do what must be done.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

One of them picked up a rock; is that the weapon? There are enough of them to hold me down while she delivers the fatal blow.

And while this was absolutely true at the time, as the feeling I had was as real as anything can be, it was also not true, not real, just a feeling that I did not have to accept. The only way this could be real was if I make it real. I'd have to believe it by deciding that this is what is happening. I have to make it real by being afraid of it.

I have seen death approach me before, and each time I was able to let go of the fear so that I would face its arrival well. Approach the door and walk through it. The final journey.

So what if I'm not afraid? What if I accept that it is going to happen and let it? To face death without making it more by resisting it. And so what seemed to be about to happen never happened.

But the next day, in another place, the feeling was there again, only realer this time. I saw how the last time was just a first attempt, a trial run, and now it will be done if only I will believe it is going to be. I know why they weren’t able to do it last time; my ability to accept it made it necessary to try again.

Now surely they will succeed; the circumstances are so much better.

I will not try to stop them or attempt to run, not because I don’t feel my life worthy of saving, but I understand how I ended up here. How the choices I made, the thoughts I had, brought me to this desolate and isolated place, away from everywhere and everyone I love, where I feel myself in heaven and in hell at the same time.

I arrived surrounded by fear, and found fear waiting for me the moment I arrived. The test at the gates to even enter was not straight-forward.

Instead of heaven, I found hell. No friend, no word, nobody, and no way to find out. Suddenly I was confronted with the reality of my choices. A place I would never have chosen to come to otherwise. To walk away from what was familiar, into this alien and hostile world, and feel like a little boy lost all over again, having to cope all by himself. Find a way to deal with the feeling of overwhelming isolation. The first test…

I stepped outside the terminal and saw a mass of yellow cabs, buses, all going places but for me going nowhere. I go back inside and wonder if I can make contact. There are pay phones. I remember I have a number I can call.

I take one of my dollars and queue up for change. The woman agrees to change it when she opens the till next. I wait by the side, suddenly more hopeful than I had been. I don’t know what will happen, and I am not sure it will be alright.

With four coins in hand I lift the receiver. Do I put in money or just dial? I am glad I have the number. Made sure I took it just in case. Was I foresighted, fearful, or did I know I would need it?

A recorded voice tells me to put in my coins. The phone does not ring, nor is there a way to leave a message. The voice tells me this person did not configure his mail box. It cuts off. None of the coins come back.

I have a laptop. Perhaps I can find Wi-Fi. I open it. Nothing. Nothing at all. Suddenly I have an idea. I will ask for help. I will tell them my friend has not turned up and I just need to call him and make contact. I ask a few, here and there; men, women. They all have an excuse as to why it won’t be possible to help me.

I sit down. There is a man a few chairs along. He must’ve seen me doing this because he tells me to ask at the last customer service desk. Angela is her name he adds, as if it matters.

I walk over and the woman looks up. “Are you Angela?” I say. Her face changes, she seems suspicious. I tell her I’m looking for Wi-Fi. Suddenly I see a light in her eyes. “If you walk all the way to the back of the terminal there’s a dunkin’ donuts. There’s no sign to say so, and I’ve never used it myself, but I just heard the other day they have Wi-Fi there now.”

I thank her, unsure of whether to believe this experience might soon be over. I go back to thank the man. He is gone.

I walk and walk. Suddenly I see it - donut heaven! I sit down and open the laptop. Will I even have enough battery? And suddenly I am connected!

“I’m here. Where are you?”

My email swooshes off into the ether. What if he doesn’t answer? I need this to stop. I wait. I sit. I walk. I check. I refresh. Then it appears.
“Am almost on my way. The ride took longer to arrange. Should be leaving anytime now. Depends on traffic. Will be around 2hrs.”

Oh the relief. The joy. The feeling of connection. No longer alone. Please don’t have an accident or a puncture. I need to let go of this feeling. I need to do what I’ve come here to do - surrender, experience, learn, love, laugh, cry, live, feel.

I've already started.

I started this ‘Messiah’ post here as an experiment to see what it would feel like to try going there. I know they are unusual posts. So I wanted to add something as a sort of explanation about why they are strange. What is the purpose of sharing them here?

I've found that people on this forum are more like me in many ways, yet just like everyone we are also different. But in being more similar, especially with some of the private conversations I've had, I thought it would be good for me to reveal more of myself here.

The religion section would not have been my first choice; had there been a spiritual section I think I would've put it there. And while the majority of things seem more traditionally religion based, I still wondered what sort of response, if any, I might get. Clearly not a lot so far, lol. That's fine; they are a bit strange.

I've not come across many people who’ve had experiences like these. Some of them I've shared on the private general forum, others I've just shared as they come out in whatever way seems appropriate. But I wanted to say something here, in a more religious way, and it seemed like it would be right for that.

So what is it I want to say? Why do I want you to read these things in the first place? What difference does it make whether you know or not? You don't even know if they're true. Have I embellished them, hyperbolised them, tried to make them seem more than they actually are? You can’t know that I wouldn’t do that (although I do now know many of you are sensitive enough to pick the truth of it up).

Yes, I am a writer. But not a writer of fiction. I don’t have an agenda. I'm not just looking for approval or acceptance. I have very little opportunity to talk about these things in a way that feels safe and where they might be received appropriately.

I used to post in the spiritual section of a Cannabis forum. I met some interesting people there, one in particular who I talked about earlier. But there was only so far I could go there. After that man died, I left that place. This place seems better for me. You are sensitive, and also struggling with issues that have come about because of who you are, or because no one realised who you were for a great deal of your life, and are having to deal with, undo, cope and work out, things that formed you, that perhaps might not have, had a diagnosis and understanding been present at the time.

That goes for me too. For over half a century I had no idea that my issues and struggles and strangeness had another explanation beyond that which I’d found naturally through experience. There were times when I thought I had temporal lobe epilepsy. There were times when I thought I was going senile. There were times when I wondered if I was insane, it seemed the only explanation for why I would do, act and see, the way I do.

Being on the spectrum explains a lot; with autism, many questions are answered which has helped tremendously. So much so that I feel I can reveal more, to see what comes out when I do so this time. And that’s the point…to see what comes out this time. Because even though for the most part I'm saying things I’ve said before, they are not the same because they are coming out of the present, with the perspective I have now.

I’ve only been here a few weeks and I felt at home almost immediately. There are people here, many of whom I speak to regularly, respond to, like and who like me, and yet coming into the religion section there are people I have not encountered in those areas. I did the same thing on that cannabis forum. There were many different sections and yet I only posted in religion, belief and spirituality. That was my home; whatever I wanted to say went there. I didn't want to post anywhere else; there were far too many people talking about things I would never get involved with.

And so because there are people here I don't usually speak to, I can focus on talking about God differently, not from a religious perspective, nor a philosophical one, and if I'm careful not even from a belief perspective either. I do have beliefs, but for the most part I'm not attached to them. So in any given moment I can feel differently about something and need to be able to, without having some pre-designated perception, response, thought process, telling me what it is I'm experiencing. I can experience new things in a new way and must be ready for it. That is God for me. He’s always there.

My life is about learning, and I'm having very specific lessons. But there is no rushing through the classes, they take as long as they take, and if I complete one, I move up. I need plenty of breaks, especially if I’ve had a difficult time, and then after some R&R, I’m ready to begin the next lesson, go from there, and that's what’s happening right now. In fact it's coincided with joining this forum.

I’ve not told anyone this, but I created a Facebook page about six years ago. It’s called Finding Messiah. Every so often I add something to it. It has very few visitors, but every so often I'm reminded that it's still out there when somebody unexpectedly likes it. I don't use Facebook in any other way, and have left that page unchanged for quite some time. There are some interesting posts there. Not a single post from anybody else; anyone who has liked it has done so without commenting. So it's almost like a blog about what it feels like to find Messiah.

What do I mean by ‘find Messiah’? There is a misconception that it is some Christ-like figure; the 2nd coming for Christians, the first for Jews, and yet it is not like that. Messiah, Christ consciousness, is findable by anyone, because we are all connected so that anything that gets realised affects all of us, in our own way, whether we realise it or not. If anyone has experiences that make them feel like God is calling them, or they are choosing to know God from an existential perspective, because we ARE God, there is nothing that is not God, so it is therefore possible to experience ourselves from that perspective.

In the West, with all the distractions and demands of modern day living, it’s really hard. Many Eastern traditions take themselves into monasteries, in the middle of nowhere, where they have the opportunity, through silence and meditation practice to realise the truth for themselves, and they have the support of brothers, and they do it in very traditional ways, renouncing the world and simply focussing on this.

It is what I’ve been trying to do too, without being able to renounce the world. Every time I've reached a point where I'm sat on the hilltop in my metaphorical loincloth, I realise… okay now what do I do with this awareness, this presence, this knowing. What do I do with it? Bring it into the world, reveal it in a way that others can recognise and benefit. That is the point of Finding Messiah. To reveal what I'm doing, and to share moments of insight, of realisation, that seem relevant and should be shared .

I want to be understood as somebody who is doing this. We're all finding Messiah in our own way, most just don't know they are. Some of us get side-tracked, lost, focused on things that have become very important and were never meant to be. It is for this reason that the idea of connection through physical means; the Internet is a physical representation of the reality of one, so that we are able to interact with like minds in a way that allows us to move forward at the fastest pace we can. There is no expectation, no insistence, no conformity, no need to do some particular thing or acquire more knowledge, no need to perform a particular practice, at a particular time, or wear particular clothes, say particular words, or be in a particular place. All of that is entirely up to you. It's subjective, individual, and any idea that feels right for you is right for you while it does.

To me, no specific path matters; all of it matters, all of it is real, and with the right feeling, with the right spirit, the people I came across, living their individual spiritual or religious traditions are every bit as real for me in that moment when I am with them. I just don't align with any ideology, dogma or teaching. Everything is a stepping stone towards something more. And it's the more that I'm interested in, whatever it is, and whatever it looks like, and I can only get there when I am ready.

There's no point starting a university course when you haven't even begun high school. For most people it would be too much, that's why we take things in stages, and the same goes for the spiritual life. It isn't defined by what other people have discovered to be a spiritual life. Mine is unique, it has to be, it's my life, it couldn't be anybody else's idea unless there was something about it that resonates with me. And obviously some of the religious books, containing ideas that have become known and loved by millions, which are still relevant. I don’t identify with these much because it's too easy to make it seem as if there is no more to know.

So there's nothing in what I'm saying that’s meant to make you think that I think what you do is wrong. It is not. And if I ever start to think that, God very quickly reminds me why that is not the right way to think.

This is not about becoming known or being a teacher or a Guru. I have experienced some of those things in small ways in my life. I've also found others have been the very same thing for me. What this is about is revealing that a simple Simon, on the spectrum, a bit autistic, living a strange life, carrying these ideas without becoming overwhelmed by them, without them pushing me into psychosis or insanity, which could easily happen.

There are several people in psychiatric institutions today claiming to be the Messiah. Something happened to them; they fell out of balance, they lost themselves, something overwhelmed them and they could not carry on. It broke them. I’ve only come across one before but I know others are out there.

I have had moments when I felt something I simply was unable to contain. The idea of allowing his presence, opening to it, surrendering to it, wanting it in my life, feeling there is nothing more important. When I feel God nothing else matters, all I want is that, all I want is to do something with it, to allow it to use me, to heal, to help, and that's the basis of Finding Messiah; to be a servant of the divine, while still recognising who I am as an individual. Not just following the old beliefs and ideas in order to be accepted.

People have imagined Messiah for a long time. Doing so has assisted and allowed it to become in a way that it couldn't have had they not imagined it. I stand on their shoulders. We are doing this together.

Last edited:
What is this messiah?
To feel it, there are many who are, supporting, helping, making it possible.
I ride the wave, at different times, then return to the ocean, being part of the whole, letting others have their chance to break.
It all counts, and as I rise towards heaven I become more and more real until…I am real, no doubt. The world I once took as real, took so seriously, changes as it is no longer the same.
I know what is right
I know what I must do
I am not alone

Those who hold an idea about who they are waiting for
Will wait forever
Because what they think and what they expect matters
This is real
It has always been
Only requiring a small shift
To bring it into focus

What does?
/ /
If God is within me
And I am not separate
Then I can know myself that way
Knowing is not believing
So to know God I cannot believe something about it
I must surrender that belief
So it can become real
It is up to me
Up to us
It always has been
If I feel it’s time for change
Then let go of what I know
What is real will still remain
It always does
Nothing to lose
Nothing is lost
Let go so it can be
And I will feel it

The core of my truth, that which guides my choices, remains deep inside no matter what I do.

So what is messiah?

God within, within me, within us, in a tangible way. Knowing it without needing to explain it.
Love does not always look the same. It comes in many forms. And nobody has the sole right to decide it
I’m not here to explain this.
But this world is about the person though.
So what should I do?
How should someone who feels like this act?
Quiet and humble? Gentle and mild? Fierce and warrior-like?
Would it be obvious if you met me?
What if I went around saying – “Hey, it’s me. You know, that bloke, the one you’ve been waiting for.”
“Oh…you don’t believe in him? Ok…well, the others then, they’re waiting. So, can you let them know I’m here.” And after saying something pithy or profound, be on my way, if I can get my donkey to start moving that is.
Sometimes God is so close it is hard to describe, other times it is so far away it is like looking at everything and nothing at the same time.
I like the idea of ‘son of man’ as that always made more sense to me. When I chose this, when I first realised I could make this choice, I realised that nothing I am, nothing I do, I do by myself. That without the others who play a role in my life I cannot be anything.
So that makes the idea of 'son' seem more real. I cannot then simply walk off into the sunset, live happy ever after and not look back.
But what do I say?
These words? Others?
I am
What else?

We might never meet, the world is a big place, and I am just one soul within it. I live a small life, strange as it is, and do not seek to make the messenger more than the message. So I will leave it in His hands, as I always do, so that if/when it is right, perhaps it will appear more obvious. Let's see.
I can say this is a beautiful message and profound I wish I could think deeply enough to fully appreciate it. Thank you for posting.

The date: about 2000 years ago. The place: Judea.
Someone tells me there’s a bloke they’re calling the messiah, and even though I don’t know what they say is true, I take a journey to see for myself. I have to know what they’re talking about. See whether he is who they say he is. I have to see what others say they are sure about.
t This means as you are imagining your self induced here at the time . . Jesus was.Trying to learn how to copy and paste the quotes so it looks like I have quoted your paragraphs (Sorry still getting used to Penc Trying to learn how to copy and paste the quotes so it looks like I have quoted your paragraphs).
Bit what if this was happening today? Not a bloke in sandals riding a donkey, but a real person, someone who’d lived a life not that different from you or me. Not wearing a label, just being who he is because who else could he be?
Most people, even myself might think that he was psychotic if he claimed to be the Messiah. Going off the subject a bit there is a lot more to say courses _Most people, even myself might think that he was psychotic if he claimed to be the Messiah. Going off the subject a bit there is a lot more to psychosis Than a mere chemical imbalance in the brain, It is Disembodied spirits who died without peace of mind, entering the electro magnetic fields of these people. It is the drug companies who train psychiatrists into believing that these people are hallucinating. May I post a link to a video to watch some pain from a man for worked with schizophrenics in the hospitals for 35 years.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBNoxH3e_xoufUo4MTVJ2XQ
Did Yeshua know who he was or was he recognised by others into realising it? They knew the prophecies after all. An interesting question…but that’s not why I bring this up.
I have learnt lately that Jesus was a humble man who travels to learn from people people he deemed knowledgeable, And just wanted to share his gifts he received and selected 12 disciples Sadly one of them was Judas.
If there was such a man, he might like, even appreciate, a little support. Would you offer it, give things up to be around him, so that whatever he did was both witnessed and assisted? I would. I would assist such a man because to recognise him would be to recognise myself.
If I saw such a man in this day and age as I am not spiritually evolved, and my mental state is not stable and might not feel the best person to approach him, however if I was, I would, with an open mind, hungry for the knowledge he has. I am not embodied with the divine enough to recognise and Messiah within myself sadly I wish I was. I wish I was because then I could assist him because we are all one so my loud sound selfish and egocentric, As we are all one I’ll be helping myself by helping somebody else..
This son of man. This pinnacle of humanity focussing itself into one point, so as to reveal itself Messiah, by being both nothing and everything at the same time. Not really different to anyone, yet also as different as anyone can be. As ‘other’ as you’re likely to meet, compared to what you may have come across before.
[/quote]
Given my mental service if I were to meet such a man I mean not to be honest see him as the pinnacle of humanity although I would like to think I would.
What if I told you I met such a man. And he did not know who he was, as he experienced issues which caused him to forget?
Then I would ask you more questions about your experience.

I knew I had to meet him. He was something I’d not come across before. It was so obvious to me, and I knew that doing so would reveal the truth of it.
So you actually met Jesus? Am I interpreting this right? If so what form did he take?
He’d taken himself away from the world, into the middle of nowhere, into the Catskills in upstate New York. He was working as a caretaker’s assistant at a Jewish girl’s camp run by Messianic Jews.
Ah! please excuse my slowness. I normally understand metaphor. I think that you are saying you met him but not in the biblical sense as in riding a donkey and his robes like he would’ve been 2000 years ago.
The camp was a hive of activity for two months in the summer, with literally thousands of girls coming to stay, while the rest of the year it sat abandoned, deserted, doors left open; toys and bikes laying wherever they were last dropped. It was a huge place, and to wander around it alone was a surreal experience I could never quite believe I was having.
It sounds it.
I knew he could do things I could not do, but it was only in being there that I got to see him do things I had not seen ANYONE do. He was capable, confident, and humble in equal measure. Never needing to shine but always doing so just by the fact of who he was. Few knew who he really was; most just saw what they saw and that was fine by him. He did not want anyone following him. There were moments when even I had to stop myself from doing so, as it was so easy to let him do it; to know that when he was around, everything, and I mean everything, would be just fine.
Was this person a man you met there? Sorry that I am finding it hard to understand but it is very interesting.
That first night, as we walked off into the darkness, literally minutes after arriving from the UK after an incredibly long journey, felt like the right thing to do. It was like this moment had been coming for ages, and indeed having gone through a really difficult experience just to get there, had felt like I’d had to prove myself worthy of even being there at all. So to just walk away, with nothing but the clothes on my back, into the darkness, meant I had to trust him.
Or, Was it you? Sorry to repeat myself I just want to make sure I have understood as this sounds extraordinary.
I see the last part of your paragraph as exercising your faith in the divine.
He was living in the guest Rabbi’s apartment, and there was a second one below it which would become mine. I’d only ever sleep in it, but I was glad to have somewhere to be on my own.
Now I am again wondering if it was a special man who you met, whom you saw Divine qualities in.
We walked and walked and walked. Miles went by. It had seemed magical to be doing this, when suddenly it dawned on me that we weren’t coming back. We’d talked about walking away many times, and the idea always felt right, but to just go, like this, without anything, did not.
This reads like you were on your own physically but spiritually and emotionally you were very much guided.
My inability to deal with the fear that this might be true began to mess with me, and that was the moment he stopped walking. As if sensing the change, he asked me why I was there.
I Read that you are doubting yourself and this is when you felt alone. It’s reminds me of a story I spontaneously Wrote when on a certain psychedelic which is man-made. It was a sci-fi types of fantasy story. I did not know I would write such a story the words just came and I drew A picture of the guide who was in the story I wrote.
Why was I there? What was I doing in the middle of nowhere, in another country, walking with someone I’d just met? I knew I’d have to look at this, be honest, because with him there was no other way to be. I knew I had to trust him, to rely on him, as I had no way to make it out here on my own, no way to do it like he could.
Now this makes sense and I do not mean that your post is nonsense it is more my inability to interpret.
It sounds like you were lucky to meet such a person.
I said something about pushing the boundaries of my experience, wanting to be tested in a way I’d not been before, and it sounded reasonable in the moment, and was true to some degree, but when he suddenly turned and walked into the pitch darkness of the forest, with only scattered moonlight to see by, with broken branches making it almost impossible to walk without taking great care where, and where nobody had ever walked before, I wasn’t ready.
This sounds like the metaphorical forest we all have to walk and find our own path. I might be wrong though. I might be wrong because the myths and legends say we are on our own in this forest and follow our own path, and not follow and already trodden path as we are going our own way, and doing our own thing which is what we are meant to do.
I followed him immediately though, struggling to place my feet the moment I did. Yet he did not struggle. Not even slightly. He just seemed to glide, walking as one might walk a clear path, moving into the tangled mess without fear, without doubt. I was soon quite a way behind him and certain I was about to lose him altogether, and the fear of being there alone overwhelmed me. I would never find my way out until daybreak at the earliest.
It almost sounds as if this man was a clairvoyant affirmation guiding you.
This really scared me and I called out, and without changing his pace he just turned, ‘glided’ back towards me, and without any trace of ego, asked if I’d gone far enough. I said I had and he led me back.

That’s when I realised I had much to learn about being authentic. Not that my ego ever felt a need to compete with his; it would have done no good anyway, but to accept him for who he was, to see him for who he was, and attempt to be who I was; what he had seen in me.

And so, I spent a lot of time walking around alone while he took care of various jobs around the camp. I would come across him here and there, and in doing so we would immediately engage in spontaneous conversation about God, life and the Universe, much as we had always done online. His words contained all their usual insight and clarity.
You were looking to meet such a man sorry about my confusion as to whether he was you, a clairvoyant apparition, or one of those rare people who embody the divine. Hahaha he sounds the opposite of the teacher you are living with now however the man you are living with now has lessons to teach you which are as rich if not richer.
He had such respect for the Rabbi and his wife. I never met them, but I did enter their home while he was winterising their toilet. The other houses were empty shells, only coming alive when the camp’s councillors occupied them. It was just the Rabbi’s house which contained personal items, and I liked being in it.
I was tested many times over those weeks. It honestly felt like I was there weeks longer than I was. I could’ve stayed longer, and it was made clear I was welcome to, but I just wasn’t ready. There was too much I still had to take care of back home. I also needed time to assimilate all I had gone through. It would take several years before I would see him again. He was in Florida by then, living with someone he had known a long time, who had always wanted him to live with her. She was looking after him. His epilepsy had become more than he could handle by himself. Each time he had a Gran Mal seizure, he would forget, reset, lose himself. The battle was long and arduous. I was there to bare witness to it. I saw what was really going on. What they couldn’t.
I am sorry to hear he struggles with epilepsy.

Some of your paragraphs look like they have no comments of mine I forgot that this site only does internal emojis in the space is where there are nothing I put purple hearts.

Being tested.

Walking through the woods, I suddenly knew why I'd been brought here. Why I had to come to this place at all. I thought I was escaping my old life and finding something new, when in fact I was being drawn here all along.
I am envious that things seem to make so much sense for you.
They were leading me into the woods, deeper and deeper. We were remote, wild, where nobody will come. Nobody will notice. Nobody will wonder about me. Having left my world behind, if I’m never heard from again, they’d just believe that’s how I wanted it.
I do not yet know who they are as I am replying to this as I made each individual paragraph.
I know they’re only doing what they think they have to do. It is my time, and they are the ones who will do it. The darkness cannot let me stay, so it sends its people to do what must be done.
That also sounds as if you are being guided by some invisible benevolent force.
And there is nothing I can do about it.
Yes you are intuitive Enough to realise this and to trust in it.
One of them picked up a rock; is that the weapon? There are enough of them to hold me down while she delivers the fatal blow.
The plot thickens. I await to see what happens next. This almost sounds like you and me are having a conversation either at the time or in real time.
And while this was absolutely true at the time, as the feeling I had was as real as anything can be, it was also not true, not real, just a feeling that I did not have to accept. The only way this could be real was if I make it real. I'd have to believe it by deciding that this is what is happening. I have to make it real by being afraid of it.
This sounds really trippy for want of a better word.
Almost a dream like.
I want be pretentious and make out I understand I wish I did as it sounds profound.
I have seen death approach me before, and each time I was able to let go of the fear so that I would face its arrival well. Approach the door and walk through it. The final journey.
I have had some situations where I have Narrowly escaped either serious injury or death. Once when walking past An opening behind the shopping precinct and a car pulled out and another time, one of those metal bars you hold on the bus, one of them fell and just miss my head there was a metal plates on the top, holding it to them bus ceiling, Which could have embedded itself in my skull.
So what if I'm not afraid? What if I accept that it is going to happen and let it? To face death without making it more by resisting it. And so what seemed to be about to happen never happened.
I believe that if you have peace of mind when you die death will not be bad but if you have baggage of any source you enter a disembody state and you stay ego bound, on this earth with your consciousness but not your body.
But the next day, in another place, the feeling was there again, only realer this time. I saw how the last time was just a first attempt, a trial run, and now it will be done if only I will believe it is going to be. I know why they weren’t able to do it last time; my ability to accept it made it necessary to try again.
You have had some very interesting experiences. I still don’t know who “they“are but I will.
Now surely they will succeed; the circumstances are so much better.
So far it sounds as if somebody is trying to kill you I hope not.
I will not try to stop them or attempt to run, not because I don’t feel my life worthy of saving, but I understand how I ended up here. How the choices I made, the thoughts I had, brought me to this desolate and isolated place, away from everywhere and everyone I love, where I feel myself in heaven and in hell at the same time.
It’s sad you don’t fill your life worthy of saving. I have wished for death many a time.
I arrived surrounded by fear, and found fear waiting for me the moment I arrived. The test at the gates to even enter was not straight-forward.
I do not know a lot about myth however this sounds mythological.
Instead of heaven, I found hell. No friend, no word, nobody, and no way to find out. Suddenly I was confronted with the reality of my choices. A place I would never have chosen to come to otherwise. To walk away from what was familiar, into this alien and hostile world, and feel like a little boy lost all over again, having to cope all by himself. Find a way to deal with the feeling of overwhelming isolation. The first test…
Sorry you found hell.
I stepped outside the terminal and saw a mass of yellow cabs, buses, all going places but for me going nowhere. I go back inside and wonder if I can make contact. There are pay phones. I remember I have a number I can call.
This gets Trippier you are now Outside of a terminal surrounded by taxis And other vehicles.
I take one of my dollars and queue up for change. The woman agrees to change it when she opens the till next. I wait by the side, suddenly more hopeful than I had been. I don’t know what will happen, and I am not sure it will be alright.
It’s almost sounds like a sci-fi.
With four coins in hand I lift the receiver. Do I put in money or just dial? I am glad I have the number. Made sure I took it just in case. Was I foresighted, fearful, or did I know I would need it?
I have difficulty reading long posts. This is why I read one paragraph at a time and reply so I do not know the story until the end.
A recorded voice tells me to put in my coins. The phone does not ring, nor is there a way to leave a message. The voice tells me this person did not configure his mail box. It cuts off. None of the coins come back.
How frustrating.
I have a laptop. Perhaps I can find Wi-Fi. I open it. Nothing. Nothing at all. Suddenly I have an idea. I will ask for help. I will tell them my friend has not turned up and I just need to call him and make contact. I ask a few, here and there; men, women. They all have an excuse as to why it won’t be possible to help me.
How frustrating that you cannot Find a way to communicate almost like those dreams where you phone for help and a line cuts off every time or the phone is broken.
I sit down. There is a man a few chairs along. He must’ve seen me doing this because he tells me to ask at the last customer service desk. Angela is her name he adds, as if it matters.
I hope this man helps you.
I walk over and the woman looks up. “Are you Angela?” I say. Her face changes, she seems suspicious. I tell her I’m looking for Wi-Fi. Suddenly I see a light in her eyes. “If you walk all the way to the back of the terminal there’s a dunkin’ donuts. There’s no sign to say so, and I’ve never used it myself, but I just heard the other day they have Wi-Fi there now.”
That sounds encouraging.
I thank her, unsure of whether to believe this experience might soon be over. I go back to thank the man. He is gone.

I walk and walk. Suddenly I see it - donut heaven! I sit down and open the laptop. Will I even have enough battery? And suddenly I am connected!
“I’m here. Where are you?”

My email swooshes off into the ether. What if he doesn’t answer? I need this to stop. I wait. I sit. I walk. I check. I refresh. Then it appears.
“Am almost on my way. The ride took longer to arrange. Should be leaving anytime now. Depends on traffic. Will be around 2hrs.”

Oh the relief. The joy. The feeling of connection. No longer alone. Please don’t have an accident or a puncture. I need to let go of this feeling. I need to do what I’ve come here to do - surrender, experience, learn, love, laugh, cry, live, feel.

I've already started.
:)

I started this ‘Messiah’ post here as an experiment to see what it would feel like to try going there. I know they are unusual posts. So I wanted to add something as a sort of explanation about why they are strange. What is the purpose of sharing them here?
I see.
I've found that people on this forum are more like me in many ways, yet just like everyone we are also different. But in being more similar, especially with some of the private conversations I've had, I thought it would be good for me to reveal more of myself here.
The way I reply is unusual. My attention span is too short to read the whole post as I risk missing out bits.
The religion section would not have been my first choice; had there been a spiritual section I think I would've put it there. And while the majority of things seem more traditionally religion based, I still wondered what sort of response, if any, I might get. Clearly not a lot so far, lol. That's fine; they are a bit strange.
It is not because of strangeness that’s I have failed to respond it is because I have been a bit wrapped up in myself and I am very sorry.
I've not come across many people who’ve had experiences like these. Some of them I've shared on the private general forum, others I've just shared as they come out in whatever way seems appropriate. But I wanted to say something here, in a more religious way, and it seemed like it would be right for that.
I know that I was meant to be a person who had these experiences however I’ve got too involved in people and things and I’m gradually lost them. I used to lucid dream as a toddler according to my mum.
Well she told me I could plan my dreams, I think. She was very intuitive and she thought I had autism as a baby. She also believed I was gifted but I lost this because I wanted to fit in with the mediocre kids.
So what is it I want to say? Why do I want you to read these things in the first place? What difference does it make whether you know or not? You don't even know if they're true. Have I embellished them, hyperbolised them, tried to make them seem more than they actually are? You can’t know that I wouldn’t do that (although I do now know many of you are sensitive enough to pick the truth of it up).
Maybe you want to share them as they are extraordinary and I just wish I had the depth of mind to fully understand them in the way you experience them. Just from my online experience it does not seem to me as if they are embellished hyperpolarised. You do not seem that sort, The type of person who was embroider things like this usually have fragile egos and feel the need to prove themselves whereas you seen the opposite.[/quote]
Yes, I am a writer. But not a writer of fiction. I don’t have an agenda. I'm not just looking for approval or acceptance. I have very little opportunity to talk about these things in a way that feels safe and where they might be received appropriately.
Surely it is a good thing that you have been able to share your experiences here it is a special place full of special people.
I used to post in the spiritual section of a Cannabis forum. I met some interesting people there, one in particular who I talked about earlier. But there was only so far I could go there. After that man died, I left that place. This place seems better for me. You are sensitive, and also struggling with issues that have come about because of who you are, or because no one realised who you were for a great deal of your life, and are having to deal with, undo, cope and work out, things that formed you, that perhaps might not have, had a diagnosis and understanding been present at the time.
I used to be a member of a cannabis forum and there was a man there who used to come out with spiritual stuff. I am sorry to hear you’re online friend died. Now I get it this was who you mentioned earlier in America, sorry I need things spelling out to me.
To be fair to my mother she did suspect autism, I remember her loving me when I learnt to read, she never ever bullied me into it, but she did lose her patience and become abusive because I put my dads putdowns and name-calling above my precocious gifts and stopped at Reading and she thought this was a waste and ever sinceWe have clashed.
So has I have kept doing the things I was good at instead of pretending I was good at sport she would still love me now. Instead she became more and more like my father. She drunk she became violent and she seem to lose part of herself.
That goes for me too. For over half a century I had no idea that my issues and struggles and strangeness had another explanation beyond that which I’d found naturally through experience. There were times when I thought I had temporal lobe epilepsy. There were times when I thought I was going senile. There were times when I wondered if I was insane, it seemed the only explanation for why I would do, act and see, the way I do.
It is good you have found a comfortable place and even if you have to wait for a diagnosis do you feel you are on the spectrum and you feel you are amongst like-minded people.
Being on the spectrum explains a lot; with autism, many questions are answered which has helped tremendously. So much so that I feel I can reveal more, to see what comes out when I do so this time. And that’s the point…to see what comes out this time. Because even though for the most part I'm saying things I’ve said before, they are not the same because they are coming out of the present, with the perspective I have now.
This has got to be good.
I’ve only been here a few weeks and I felt at home almost immediately. There are people here, many of whom I speak to regularly, respond to, like and who like me, and yet coming into the religion section there are people I have not encountered in those areas. I did the same thing on that cannabis forum. There were many different sections and yet I only posted in religion, belief and spirituality. That was my home; whatever I wanted to say went there. I didn't want to post anywhere else; there were far too many people talking about things I would never get involved with..
You deserve an online home.You belong here.
And so because there are people here I don't usually speak to, I can focus on talking about God differently, not from a religious perspective, nor a philosophical one, and if I'm careful not even from a belief perspective either. I do have beliefs, but for the most part I'm not attached to them. So in any given moment I can feel differently about something and need to be able to, without having some pre-designated perception, response, thought process, telling me what it is I'm experiencing. I can experience new things in a new way and must be ready for it. That is God for me. He’s always there..
It’s good that you are flexible minded. It is also good you have found God and you don’t have to be religious.
My life is about learning, and I'm having very specific lessons. But there is no rushing through the classes, they take as long as they take, and if I complete one, I move up. I need plenty of breaks, especially if I’ve had a difficult time, and then after some R&R, I’m ready to begin the next lesson, go from there, and that's what’s happening right now. In fact it's coincided with joining this forum.
The first words of your last paragraph sure that you know the meaning of life to live to love and to learn. Antero Ali Wrote a book that I have not yet read. I forget the title it is on my MacBook which is out for repair. It talks about graduating classes as we learn the lessons of life. I’m still in the kindergarten. I don’t seem to learn from my mistakes. I know I was put here to illuminate and to lead. I hope you get a lot more out of this forum and I am glad that you see it as you’re home.

I’ve not told anyone this, but I created a Facebook page about six years ago. It’s called Finding Messiah. Every so often I add something to it. It has very few visitors, but every so often I'm reminded that it's still out there when somebody unexpectedly likes it. I don't use Facebook in any other way, and have left that page unchanged for quite some time. There are some interesting posts there. Not a single post from anybody else; anyone who has liked it has done so without commenting. So it's almost like a blog about what it feels like to find Messiah.
I just visited Facebook and searched “founding Messiah” and there is a lovely rich geometric purple pattern, the type of pattern I have always been fascinated with and the type of pattern that is similar to psychedelic close Eyed visuals.
I think that these visuals and the fact that many psychedelic spiritual people paint them they must be universal. Ancient tribes to them. The line the ceilings of ancient Muslim Places of worship and other monuments and I think the ancients took this plant medicines to expand consciousness.
If it has the new good to write it that is all that matters. Facebook is full of people posting their evening meal pictures.
What do I mean by ‘find Messiah’? There is a misconception that it is some Christ-like figure; the 2nd coming for Christians, the first for Jews, and yet it is not like that. Messiah, Christ consciousness, is findable by anyone, because we are all connected so that anything that gets realised affects all of us, in our own way, whether we realise it or not. If anyone has experiences that make them feel like God is calling them, or they are choosing to know God from an existential perspective, because we ARE God, there is nothing that is not God, so it is therefore possible to experience ourselves from that perspective..
Thank you for explaining or should I say reminding me what Christ consciousness is. I recently read about this in a book by Yogananda I think, I did not read the whole book.
In the West, with all the distractions and demands of modern day living, it’s really hard. Many Eastern traditions take themselves into monasteries, in the middle of nowhere, where they have the opportunity, through silence and meditation practice to realise the truth for themselves, and they have the support of brothers, and they do it in very traditional ways, renouncing the world and simply focussing on this..
I would love to do this but my errors have got me caught up in a very dense material Situation one that I did not want, But which I unconsciously chose. Well actually I wished for it consciouslyBut I was not mentally balance and I was running away from problems that were not as big when we went away from problems it does not work.
It is what I’ve been trying to do too, without being able to renounce the world. Every time I've reached a point where I'm sat on the hilltop in my metaphorical loincloth, I realise… okay now what do I do with this awareness, this presence, this knowing. What do I do with it? Bring it into the world, reveal it in a way that others can recognise and benefit. That is the point of Finding Messiah. To reveal what I'm doing, and to share moments of insight, of realisation, that seem relevant and should be shared ..
Yogananda says put your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground and I think this is what you are doing. When I used to do a lot of Drugs I thought I appreciated nature and the Kosmos however when the party was over things change and then pessimistic part of me feels like my feet Are buried in concrete.
I want to be understood as somebody who is doing this. We're all finding Messiah in our own way, most just don't know they are. Some of us get side-tracked, lost, focused on things that have become very important and were never meant to be. It is for this reason that the idea of connection through physical means; the Internet is a physical representation of the reality of one, so that we are able to interact with like minds in a way that allows us to move forward at the fastest pace we can. There is no expectation, no insistence, no conformity, no need to do some particular thing or acquire more knowledge, no need to perform a particular practice, at a particular time, or wear particular clothes, say particular words, or be in a particular place. All of that is entirely up to you. It's subjective, individual, and any idea that feels right for you is right for you while it does.
I love message boards and they seem to have disappeared and social media taken over so I really appreciate this place, as there is time for me to say what I want.
To me, no specific path matters; all of it matters, all of it is real, and with the right feeling, with the right spirit, the people I came across, living their individual spiritual or religious traditions are every bit as real for me in that moment when I am with them. I just don't align with any ideology, dogma or teaching. Everything is a stepping stone towards something more. And it's the more that I'm interested in, whatever it is, and whatever it looks like, and I can only get there when I am ready.
You are well travelled and open minded enough to not have lost that wonderful childlike urge to seek knowledge and see the magic in things. At the same time, there are adults who are childish rather than child like, who have lost the magic, I’m one of the latter.
There's no point starting a university course when you haven't even begun high school. For most people it would be too much, that's why we take things in stages, and the same goes for the spiritual life. It isn't defined by what other people have discovered to be a spiritual life. Mine is unique, it has to be, it's my life, it couldn't be anybody else's idea unless there was something about it that resonates with me. And obviously some of the religious books, containing ideas that have become known and loved by millions, which are still relevant. I don’t identify with these much because it's too easy to make it seem as if there is no more to know.
True, you will fail in the uni of life if you failed in the school of life.
Yes we are not the same.
There is always more to know, more to learn.
So there's nothing in what I'm saying that’s meant to make you think that I think what you do is wrong. It is not. And if I ever start to think that, God very quickly reminds me why that is not the right way to think..
No way do I think that you believe what I do is wrong. There is lots of stuff people don’t know about me, there is not one person that I have told everything to.
This is not about becoming known or being a teacher or a Guru. I have experienced some of those things in small ways in my life. I've also found others have been the very same thing for me. What this is about is revealing that a simple Simon, on the spectrum, a bit autistic, living a strange life, carrying these ideas without becoming overwhelmed by them, without them pushing me into psychosis or insanity, which could easily happen.
You don’t come across as wanting to be a guru, you seem humble, you remind me of a younger Carl Jung always open to learn, even from children. Jesus had this open attitude when he visited the seers and sages in India, the middle and Far East.
There are several people in psychiatric institutions today claiming to be the Messiah. Something happened to them; they fell out of balance, they lost themselves, something overwhelmed them and they could not carry on. It broke them. I’ve only come across one before but I know others are out there..
Give my YouTube link on Jerry Marzinsky a go if you want. For 35 years his findings across schizophrenics in prisons and hospitals were consistent.
They were not embodied with the divine and saw their energetic fields or should I say the electromagnetic energetic field my pierced and bridged by evil spirits disembodies addicts Disembodied people with unfinished business.
n I felt something I simply was unable to contain. The idea of allowing his presence, opening to it, surrendering to it, w anting it in my life, feeling there is nothing more important. When I feel God nothing else matters, all I want is that, all I want is to do something with it, to allow it to use me, to heal, to help, and that's the basis of Finding Messiah; to be a servant of the divine, while still recognising who I am as an individual. Not just following the old beliefs and ideas in order to be accepted..
I am sorry I lost some of your text I could have gone to the previous page. You sound like one of those people who have embodied the divine and you have worked hard not just as an adult but as a child.
I can tell this because of the way you write and because of the things you perceive.
[/quote]
People have imagined Messiah for a long time. Doing so has assisted and allowed it to become in a way that it couldn't have had they not imagined it. I stand on their shoulders. We are doing this together.[/QUOTE]
:)

Probably should add this.

Luke 21:8 - And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them

I add it as a reminder. Be careful.

Probably should add this.

Luke 21:8 - And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them

I add it as a reminder. Be careful.
There's a difference between someone saying - 'I am that' and someone saying - 'I am open to becoming that which God wants me to be'. Big difference.

I probably should add this though...

Those words from that book, the story that has been with us for so long, having had things removed, altered, changed, often to fit the times people were living in. Many things left out that could have been put back. The Gnostic Gospels, for example. And just like in my ancestral religion, which is all about tradition and the Testament is older, while it has had its use, and was of its time, the fact that it cannot be easily brought into the modern world says a lot about those who still adhere to it so strongly.

Whether I need to ‘be careful’, or anyone else does, isn't really the point of this thread. I'm just a bloke telling you about my experience, so that you might have some idea of things that are going on outside of yours.

And it is for this reason, that while I would never invalidate the truth contained within those books, I don't ascribe to them. When the book is quoted to me as being words I should consider, I just see old English. The fact that people still use ‘ye’ and ‘thou’ and other old words is meant to give it authority. And while there are many who follower the book, many have turned away. Too many negative things have happened during the course of our history in its name. As far as I'm concerned it’s time to close the book. Connect with God directly. No intermediary of any kind is required. No Messiah in sandals on a donkey is coming to save us. The story is designed to inspire us, as all good teachings are. For things to change there has to be something new. A new vibration. Attempting to see something new through the lens of the old will not make sense and cause people to fall back on what they already think to be true.

Except it isn't really true. It is still just belief. It is an interpretation of the words put there by whoever wrote them. They are designed to keep us in line. To control us. To ensure compliance and remain in congregation, so that the church remains wealthy and powerful. We can see how wealthy just by looking at where the Pope lives. We can see the power just by looking at the pain and suffering, the corruption and paedophilia, that has taken place in its name.

So when somebody quotes scripture from something that is corrupted, used by those in authority to control and keep people down, interfere with their natural way, and through fear encourage them to believe else they go to hell, I don’t feel it.

I don't expect people of the book to accept anything that the book doesn't allow them to. Unfortunately that keeps them in the old vibration, and they are partly responsible for holding us back.

There are many waiting for the Messiah, not realising that their idea actually interferes with its realisation for them. Because Messiah is here – where else would it be? And they don't realise it because they are expecting it to look a certain way. The messianic Jews are a big part of this. I could tell you a story about what they were doing with some of the children up in those camps in the Catskills in order to enhance and prepare them for what they thought would encourage Messiah to arrive. A corruption of something they have held onto for such a long time because they cannot let go of the fact that it is a belief and their idea is not intrinsically true.

Last edited:
I know
what is said is true
I know
it is time for you
I know
the ego must go
I am
far more than you know
Understand….
The mind is not me
Understand…
The mind wants to see

In the space
That is real
I am
Where the mind
cannot go
I am

It is time to start this show
Be still…
Let all this thinking go
Be real…
The mind must be true
I know…
I am moving with you
I know…
what is thought is not real
I know…
I can find myself healed

Once the mind stops
the thoughts it thinks
Once the mind drops
everything now links
What is left is
what is really free
You will see what
is real in me

As we are all one I’ll be helping myself by helping somebody else..
Exactly. In Judaism there is a saying...he who saves one life saves the whole world.
Sadly one of them was Judas.
Interesting that you say 'sadly'. He was a necessary character playing an important role. If, as people believe, Jesus died for our sins, then he had to die for us, and what better way than dramatically, with deceit and betrayal. We love a good story.
You don’t come across as wanting to be a guru, you seem humble, you remind me of a younger Carl Jung always open to learn, even from children. Jesus had this open attitude when he visited the seers and sages in India, the middle and Far East.
I appreciate you seeing that.

There's a difference between someone saying - 'I am that' and someone saying - 'I am open to becoming that which God wants me to be'. Big difference.

I probably should add this though...

Those words from that book, the story that has been with us for so long, having had things removed, altered, changed, often to fit the times people were living in. Many things left out that could have been put back. The Gnostic Gospels, for example. And just like in my ancestral religion, which is all about tradition and the Testament is older, while it has had its use, and was of its time, the fact that it cannot be easily brought into the modern world says a lot about those who still adhere to it so strongly.

Whether I need to ‘be careful’, or anyone else does, isn't really the point of this thread. I'm just a bloke telling you about my experience, so that you might have some idea of things that are going on outside of yours.

And it is for this reason, that while I would never invalidate the truth contained within those books, I don't ascribe to them. When the book is quoted to me as being words I should consider, I just see old English. The fact that people still use ‘ye’ and ‘thou’ and other old words is meant to give it authority. And while there are many who follower the book, many have turned away. Too many negative things have happened during the course of our history in its name. As far as I'm concerned it’s time to close the book. Connect with God directly. No intermediary of any kind is required. No Messiah in sandals on a donkey is coming to save us. The story is designed to inspire us, as all good teachings are. For things to change there has to be something new. A new vibration. Attempting to see something new through the lens of the old will not make sense and cause people to fall back on what they already think to be true.

Except it isn't really true. It is still just belief. It is an interpretation of the words put there by whoever wrote them. They are designed to keep us in line. To control us. To ensure compliance and remain in congregation, so that the church remains wealthy and powerful. We can see how wealthy just by looking at where the Pope lives. We can see the power just by looking at the pain and suffering, the corruption and paedophilia, that has taken place in its name.

So when somebody quotes scripture from something that is corrupted, used by those in authority to control and keep people down, interfere with their natural way, and through fear encourage them to believe else they go to hell, I don’t feel it.

I don't expect people of the book to accept anything that the book doesn't allow them to. Unfortunately that keeps them in the old vibration, and they are partly responsible for holding us back.

There are many waiting for the Messiah, not realising that their idea actually interferes with its realisation for them. Because Messiah is here – where else would it be? And they don't realise it because they are expecting it to look a certain way. The messianic Jews are a big part of this. I could tell you a story about what they were doing with some of the children up in those camps in the Catskills in order to enhance and prepare them for what they thought would encourage Messiah to arrive. A corruption of something they have held onto for such a long time because they cannot let go of the fact that it is a belief and their idea is not intrinsically true.

Simonsays i will put it this way. I know full well how mankind has used the Bible teachings to their own advantages. Many examples of that throughout history. I saw what they did during the Crusades and Dark Ages. Just how far the Catholic Church went during that time with greed and power. Yes, the Pope is another sign of that.
As we're the' Pharisees and other groups in their time. The Bible itself speaks of such things. It is not blind too it. Jesus many times over confronted them over their corruption and false teachings. Study closely his story and you come to understand why he was born where he was. In the time he was. But, I say this to you. Test the words of the Bible "yourself" privately.
Read it and then decide. As for this buisness of Messiah and getting closer to God. It "cannot" be done with out Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit. No more Messiahs are coming. Jesus told others the same in his time on Earth as well.
It takes faith Simonsays. Not an easy thing by any means. I have faith the words are true as written. And that they hold truth even now. Regardless of our "modern" times. Little has changed.

Exactly. In Judaism there is a saying...he who saves one life saves the whole world.

Interesting that you say 'sadly'. He was a necessary character playing an important role. If, as people believe, Jesus died for our sins, then he had to die for us, and what better way than dramatically, with deceit and betrayal. We love a good story.

I appreciate you seeing that.
So
Judas’s behaviour was like a challenge for Jesus.

As for this buisness of Messiah and getting closer to God. It "cannot" be done with out Jesus Christ or the Holy Spirit. No more Messiahs are coming. Jesus told others the same in his time on Earth as well.
As I've alluded to a few times in these posts now. Messiah is not a person. No one is coming. Who says the holy spirit isn't involved?
I have faith the words are true as written. And that they hold truth even now. Regardless of our "modern" times. Little has changed.
I understand. Faith is needed. There is truth in the words. But these things I mention here you are accepting on faith alone.
Test the words of the Bible "yourself" privately.
Right. But you can't test things in this area. You just believe it because you believe the parts you can and have tested. There are many ways to perceive the truth. We only see what we are able to see. Interpret what makes sense to us. No matter how things seem, there must always be room for a shift in consciousness. The words have to reach everyone. We are not all standing in the same place.

New Threads

Top Bottom