• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Me?

ElzBee

So I'm new to this and a bit unsure on what to say or where to start.

I've been diagnosed since I was thirteen and life has been a bit hard to say the least.
I have a huge issue with trust and my emotional state. I feel as though I'm lone when things go pear shaped because no one understand when I have tried to tell them in the past.
I have this uncontrollable need to try and please everyone, failure to do so brings me close to insanity and I don't even no why.

I cry a lot! It's like I get really cross or frustrated so just cry, when I was younger no one took much notice but now that I'm older (22) people around me have started pointing out that it's immature or silly. I have no idea how to stop myself though.

I guess I'm at a bit of a lose at the moment and thought this site may help?
Thanks for reading.

Welcome to AC ElzBee,

There are plenty of people here that will associate with what you have said, they are good people offering good advice.

Enjoy your stay here, don't forget to check out our resource section too.

I've been diagnosed since I was thirteen and life has been a bit hard to say the least.
I have a huge issue with trust and my emotional state. I feel as though I'm lone when things go pear shaped because no one understand when I have tried to tell them in the past.
I have this uncontrollable need to try and please everyone, failure to do so brings me close to insanity and I don't even no why.

I cry a lot! It's like I get really cross or frustrated so just cry, when I was younger no one took much notice but now that I'm older (22) people around me have started pointing out that it's immature or silly. I have no idea how to stop myself though.

I guess I'm at a bit of a lose at the moment and thought this site may help?
Thanks for reading.

Crying releases stress. People pointing out that it's immature or silly are actually demonstrating lack of empathy and taking distance: this is how they are handling their stress at your expense.

Lots of us cry. In varying ways, we find ways to notice that crying is on the way, and find "safe holes" to escape to, whether the spell hits at home, at work, at school, or just "out."

Breathe, and as Harrison said, enjoy your stay.

Welcome aboard :)
This is a kind, helpful, and understanding community. I hope you start to feel much improved soon.
Best wishes
image.jpg

I can relate I cry very easily my husband says I'm too sensitive,and trust is something I struggle with aswell,you are not alone in feeling like this and I think you will find others who will have similar stories aswell.

Well hello there Elsbee

Try being 45 and being as you describe? I did suddenly realise a while back when I felt snubbed that actually, I did not particularly like this person anyway and had a chuckle, because I have got so used to wanting to be liked and really stresed out when I am not, that I never thought to look and see that I did not rate the person very high; just assumed my snubbing back was due to defenses going up!

I think though, that wanting to be liked, is a human need; not just an aspie thing. My husband who is an nt is sensitive and wants to be liked and feels it painfully when he feels snubbed.

I feel as though I'm lone when things go pear shaped because no one understand when I have tried to tell them in the past.

I cry a lot! It's like I get really cross or frustrated so just cry, when I was younger no one took much notice but now that I'm older (22) people around me have started pointing out that it's immature or silly.

ElzBee, unfortunately we probably are alone when things 'blow-up' unless we have someone special who we can confide in & take our side :(. For those who don't, sites like this provide a forum for support and feedback that can help to fine-tune how to interact with the 99%. It took me > 50 years of skinned knuckles, shins & ego to work out how to work with this :D

Nothing wrong with crying - I often do it (we do have emotions too) & hope you don't stop.

I'm guessing from your avatar that you ride horses. If so, I'll bet that you have a wonderful & close relationship with your horse.

I do feel alone. As a kid I did a lot of crying and couldn't give anyone a reason including myself. As an adult I use to cry a lot. Now I do cry sometimes when I get over loaded or things change a lot. I have even cried at work. Which was very embarrassing. I didn't even really know why I was crying. When I first started working at my current job there were people that caused me to cry. They don't get to me as much any more and they work in a different building than I do now. I have learned to get hold of my emotions at work and then I can have a good cry when I get home.

New Threads

Top Bottom