• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oz67

After a manic episode, I sometimes had all kinds of emotions and normal moods before crashing into persistent depression. I meet the diagnostic criteria for mania, but I never fall down into major depression, the depression that I have after the manic episode is mild.

What is that stage called?

As far as I know, there is no name for that period. You experience it, but do you know it to be common, common enough that a name would be warranted? Do you experience depression more intensely before a manic episode, rather than after?

As far as I know, there is no name for that period. You experience it, but do you know it to be common, common enough that a name would be warranted? Do you experience depression more intensely before a manic episode, rather than after?
It's after manic episode.

Normally when delusional people react badly and argue when being called delusional, is it normal that I take a different approach? When I get called delusional 3 times in a month by an argument, I talk to my psychiatrist to see what is going on.

I am depressed, I was bulled in the past for lacking social skills, I was called "Stupid", "Loser" and "Idiot", I want to kill my former elementary school bullies. I am so upset! Who can I talk to? I am sorry, I feel so much pain right now!

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: This 24-hour suicide prevention helpline specializes in handling all situations related to suicide and emotional distress. Phone Number: 1-(800)-273‑TALK (8255), Live Online Chat.

Crisis Text Line: This 24/7 crisis text line for anyone in crisis connects you with a trained crisis counselor via text. Text HOME to 741-741 in the U.S.

Look at your insurance and look for a psychologist that you can talk too. It is vitally important you talk to someone ASAP that is a skilled in handling your mental health. These kind of professionals helped my wife and son. They both have autism, anxiety, and depression.

Some of us suffer being called names and it is acceptable to be angry but it is not acceptable to want to kill someone as a result of anger. Anger is understandable but we should stop right there.

When you get angry, think about your feelings. Say l felt shame, l felt sad, l felt angry, l felt helpless. Now l understand these are just feelings. Those kids bullied me because they feel insecure themselves. And if it wasn't me, they would have fixated on someone else. So l am going to do something very mature. I am going to let this go, because being angry for a long period of time is a waste. I could be doing something more interesting like thinking about some concepts in psychology, maybe l should research how to get a degree in psychology. What if those idiots saw my name attached to some great book l wrote on bipolar?

So l am suggesting to take this anger, and allow it to propel you to be something better. Ruminate on some great outcome, then just thinking about them only. Just an idea to help you move on.

Some of us suffer being called names and it is acceptable to be angry but it is not acceptable to want to kill someone as a result of anger. Anger is understandable but we should stop right there.

When you get angry, think about your feelings. Say l felt shame, l felt sad, l felt angry, l felt helpless. Now l understand these are just feelings. Those kids bullied me because they feel insecure themselves. And if it wasn't me, they would have fixated on someone else. So l am going to do something very mature. I am going to let this go, because being angry for a long period of time is a waste. I could be doing something more interesting like thinking about some concepts in psychology, maybe l should research how to get a degree in psychology. What if those idiots saw my name attached to some great book l wrote on bipolar?

So l am suggesting to take this anger, and allow it to propel you to be something better. Ruminate on some great outcome, then just thinking about them only. Just an idea to help you move on.
I am sorry, I just have anger management issues. How do I fix it? I feel ashamed and embarrassed!

@Oren Franz -

Please remember that those bullies at some point in their lives will remember how horrible they were to you and to others. Most will feel immense guilt and hate themselves for what they have done.

Life catches up with all of us and no one makes it through this life unscathed. At some point in life, these same individuals may even come to you looking for a job. I have seen this happen.

You are a smart young man and I know you will be a success.

Hey you, anger is normal. I don't beat myself up for feeling angry. Forget feeling ashamed. It a wasted emotion. So we get angry, we are human, we aren't robots.

I like to use my anger to spur me on to doing something good. This is a simplistic approach but it does pay off. Everyday you are angry at those dipwads bullies, research online colleges, for maybe your associate of arts or bachelor degree. Chances are those bullies will stay bullies and never get out of low end jobs. You are intelligent and articulate, how about you come up with therapy for kids that have been bullied. I wish the schools had a class that young kids were required to take. Child psychologists are very in demand.

Stay angry, but use it to help mankind, stay smart, don't bully others, and get your very smart brain into doing some online school, just take one class. Anger is okay, it's what we do with anger that separates us from others.

I am depressed, I was bulled in the past for lacking social skills, I was called "Stupid", "Loser" and "Idiot", I want to kill my former elementary school bullies. I am so upset! Who can I talk to? I am sorry, I feel so much pain right now!

Just another thing I suspect many of us have in common for essentially the same reasons.

You are not alone. Though while we earn such anger as children, inevitably as adults we have to harness that anger and channel it other directions. Or face to what could amount to being dire consequences.

Kids can get away with murder. Adults? Not so much.

I am sorry, I just have anger management issues. How do I fix it? I feel ashamed and embarrassed!

Everyone has a need to belong or feel accepted by other people. Depression often occurs when that need hasn't been met. Anger is a natural feeling people experience when they believe they are being treated unfairly which is why anger involves a desire that someone suffer/be held accountable for the wrong they've done. The intensity of emotions varies based on the importance of the situation.

Your intense anger suggests to me that you felt rejected or excluded when you heard those names which was very harmful because you had a strong unmet need to belong that they prevented you from fulfilling. If your needs were met, you probably wouldn't have gotten very angry when people called you names because you wouldn't have been harmed by their actions. The reason most people don't get upset by stuff that upsets you is simply because they aren't affected by it as much since their need to belong or be accepted has already been met.

I agree with @The Lorax suggestion of seeing a therapist because it can help meet your need to feel close to someone. One study found the most important factor that influences whether therapy is successful is how people feel about their therapist. Feeling understood and accepted by a therapist may be just as important, if not more important, than the therapy itself. Therefore, if you don't like a therapist after several sessions and aren't feeling better, don't hesitate to request another therapist.

Helpful videos I found explaining emotions:

I have command hallucinations that is telling me to kill my bullies.

I am sorry, I feel ashamed of myself!

Even when I tell my command hallucinations to stop, it keeps persisting and I sometimes feel like attacking my former bullies, just so my command hallucinations would just shut up!

I used to have dark twisted fantasies and delusional beliefs, those delusional fantasies almost made me into a serial killer, but I was like, not today, I then called for help, they took me to Stanford, then to facility. Did I do the right thing?

Yes. Very good you did. Anytime that you want to hurt yourself or anybody or animal, it's very smart of you to tell your family, or call hospital.

You did the right thing.

I was hoping that new medicine was helping, can you increase your dosage maybe?

Yes. Very good you did. Anytime that you want to hurt yourself or anybody or animal, it's very smart of you to tell your family, or call hospital.

You did the right thing.

I was hoping that new medicine was helping, can you increase your dosage maybe?

I am also going to have therapy online, starting next week.

Excellent news. Talking thru and working on yourself is a really big step. We just want the better version of ourself. You are working on the better version of you. Maybe you can understand yourself better, understand what triggers you.

Excellent news. Talking thru and working on yourself is a really big step. We just want the better version of ourself. You are working on the better version of you. Maybe you can understand yourself better, understand what triggers you.

Thank you! Thank you so much!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom