• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Me - health and status.

MmmThe pills aI take, among other things, make me pee a great deal - more than once a night after i go to bed, generally.
My degree of crippled-nesd makes getting up from bed, an effort. The taking off and putting on, of pants, as well. My sleep pattern is irregular, too. I walk quite slowly.

...I just took the pills. That is good, but, for onez the diaretic makes me No. 2 again and again, usually?? twice in the night after going to bbed and I have to laboriously get myself up from ground-kevel mattresses and make my way to a bathroom rather far away. I'll generally?? have to go again after getting up, too, before going out, then likely go again pretty soon after that, maybe with more coming during the day - and there's fairly few public Lois in downtown Santa Cruz.
I really do walk so hobbledly and slow, especially if I'm not energetic/motivated/the weather's poor, say - and I am so tired and exausted, often, during the day, and often I go to very few places in the course of a day, before a curfew. It's like I am a hamster endlessly circling on a wheel, kind of:-(.

...The cousins are in Texas and Tennessee, I think, definitely not New York, and they have been total hateful shits to me for many years, they stole my percentage of an inheritance and more besides, I certainly do not think my mother and my aunt thought they'd act that way towards me:cry: - You know, my uncle outlived my aunt by many years. When, the last of his generation, he died, in 2914 I recall (I'd have to look up the specifics) I would send him cards for Christmas and his late July birthday. Kate 2914, preparing to send him his card, I looked him up - and found that he had died months and months previous, May, possibly. (He was in Texas, same town as my female cousin.) My cousin's had my main E-mailed address and my Facebook address, we had communicated. They had let months and months go by and not told me of their father's death. Yes, they knew my E-dress and Facebook. It occurred to me that, in fact, since late July was my uncle's birthday (like 1 day before my brother's), that the birthday card I had sent him as per usual that year I think marginally late, in early August?) Would have arrived in his mail, and they (I will refer to them collectively) obviously would have gotten their father's post-demuse mail and a greeting card, coming about the time of someone's birthday, too, is highly recognizable even not opened. They STILL didn't inform me then - or until after I found it out!:angry: At which time they claimed they " forgot " to inform me. Again, they had my R and FB addresses.
This wasn't even the first time I was left uninformed when their parents died - when my aunt died - of a terminal illness, so it could be prepared for, and they had USPS and my then-main E-dress that I'd given them in advance in preparation for that - something like a week and a half after my aunt's death, I called her thinking she was still alive and she wasn't. No notification ever came after that, it was not lost in the mail, I kept an eye out.
This particular deception was likely motivated by wanting to keep me in the dark to cheat me more than the months I spent uninformed about my uncle, it's likely I guess I stood to access nothing financial from his demise. I did from my aunt but they cheated me, I suppose going after presumed disconnect and naivete of me. I was also hustled out of " life tenancy " rights to some land in my mother's home county - I only recently re-read my mother's will and saw not only that, but language that made clear that she meant for me to get some monies I did not get - because they liked/cheated me. They claimed not to have even read my mother's will! My mother left them things, so that's absurd. They were trying to claim that my grandfather's bequests to his two daughters, my mother and aunt, the foundation of all this, didn't exist because my grandfather died intestate (without a will)! My grandfather was a K-12 school principal and bank vice-president! They also stretched this by claiming that my grandmother and aunt all died intestate, too - Though they'd earlier claimed authority from a will of my grandfather!
I have a letter describing this story more fully I've sent elsewherez which I could send people here, if they are interested - I'd likely have to have a personal E-dress to send it to, my meha-limited skills and equipment I believe could not let me post it here and re-writing it might be too much. What I was supposed to inheritance after my mother/father/aunt were gone was a share, 1/3 or so, of royalties my mother inherited from her father - They may still be paying out so perhaps there is something new I could get (remember the life tenancy too)...I have been trying to make a last try, but, since it's in TX and I'm in CA, agencies have said they can:t help (There&s another blocked money matter too, CS-based and not involving my cousin's and I think?, separate from the dirty cousin's matter that I've been trying to get help with it and I can:t yet and the details are on one paper sheet that I still have but cannot figure out how to send a cyber-copy of it to anyone - I can only make a paper copy and get it out some way.) - I have thought I'd make one last try for it, if nothing else get some answers from/embarrass the ****** cousins:( -

...It would be very nice to have someone who would drive me around, etc. I do not think that that is very findable:fearful:. A space of my own near the bus system could be more attainable than that, and allow me to rest, get more sleep and not strain myself so much:disappointed:.
I have problems with my pills, too. I take them, but not absolutely according to the labels' schedule, some once a day, some more than once. Instead I tend to take one at each, all together. It is difficult to work my schedule to take them " properly ' - I don't have a nice, normal, pill cabinet behind a mirror in the bathroom - And Intend to take them in the dark, late at night orbearly-early - thinking to reduce the inconvenience on me of the frequent peeing caused by the diatetics.
I tend to take them in the dark, one each, in bed - Remember, no prescription glasses, lack of decent light, it's hard to read the labels', of find a comfortable position to take them in.
If I could have a more secure set-up it would be better:kissingheart:.

...The cousins are in Texas and Tennessee, I think, definitely not New York, and they have been total hateful shits to me for many years, they stole my percentage of an inheritance and more besides, I certainly do not think my mother and my aunt thought they'd act that way towards me:cry: - You know, my uncle outlived my aunt by many years. When, the last of his generation, he died, in 2914 I recall (I'd have to look up the specifics) I would send him cards for Christmas and his late July birthday. Kate 2914, preparing to send him his card, I looked him up - and found that he had died months and months previous, May, possibly. (He was in Texas, same town as my female cousin.) My cousin's had my main E-mailed address and my Facebook address, we had communicated. They had let months and months go by and not told me of their father's death. Yes, they knew my E-dress and Facebook. It occurred to me that, in fact, since late July was my uncle's birthday (like 1 day before my brother's), that the birthday card I had sent him as per usual that year I think marginally late, in early August?) Would have arrived in his mail, and they (I will refer to them collectively) obviously would have gotten their father's post-demuse mail and a greeting card, coming about the time of someone's birthday, too, is highly recognizable even not opened. They STILL didn't inform me then - or until after I found it out!:angry: At which time they claimed they " forgot " to inform me. Again, they had my R and FB addresses.
This wasn't even the first time I was left uninformed when their parents died - when my aunt died - of a terminal illness, so it could be prepared for, and they had USPS and my then-main E-dress that I'd given them in advance in preparation for that - something like a week and a half after my aunt's death, I called her thinking she was still alive and she wasn't. No notification ever came after that, it was not lost in the mail, I kept an eye out.
This particular deception was likely motivated by wanting to keep me in the dark to cheat me more than the months I spent uninformed about my uncle, it's likely I guess I stood to access nothing financial from his demise. I did from my aunt but they cheated me, I suppose going after presumed disconnect and naivete of me. I was also hustled out of " life tenancy " rights to some land in my mother's home county - I only recently re-read my mother's will and saw not only that, but language that made clear that she meant for me to get some monies I did not get - because they liked/cheated me. They claimed not to have even read my mother's will! My mother left them things, so that's absurd. They were trying to claim that my grandfather's bequests to his two daughters, my mother and aunt, the foundation of all this, didn't exist because my grandfather died intestate (without a will)! My grandfather was a K-12 school principal and bank vice-president! They also stretched this by claiming that my grandmother and aunt all died intestate, too - Though they'd earlier claimed authority from a will of my grandfather!
I have a letter describing this story more fully I've sent elsewherez which I could send people here, if they are interested - I'd likely have to have a personal E-dress to send it to, my meha-limited skills and equipment I believe could not let me post it here and re-writing it might be too much. What I was supposed to inheritance after my mother/father/aunt were gone was a share, 1/3 or so, of royalties my mother inherited from her father - They may still be paying out so perhaps there is something new I could get (remember the life tenancy too)...I have been trying to make a last try, but, since it's in TX and I'm in CA, agencies have said they can:t help (There&s another blocked money matter too, CS-based and not involving my cousin's and I think?, separate from the dirty cousin's matter that I've been trying to get help with it and I can:t yet and the details are on one paper sheet that I still have but cannot figure out how to send a cyber-copy of it to anyone - I can only make a paper copy and get it out some way.) - I have thought I'd make one last try for it, if nothing else get some answers from/embarrass the ****** cousins:( -

Please tell the attorney who occasionally sends you money about this situation. If that attorney is the designated trustee for a Special Needs Trust set up for you, then he/she has a duty to make sure that you have and are receiving everything owed to you. It's going to require an attorney to sort this stuff out for you.

...It would be very nice to have someone who would drive me around, etc. I do not think that that is very findable:fearful:. A space of my own near the bus system could be more attainable than that, and allow me to rest, get more sleep and not strain myself so much:disappointed:.
I have problems with my pills, too. I take them, but not absolutely according to the labels' schedule, some once a day, some more than once. Instead I tend to take one at each, all together. It is difficult to work my schedule to take them " properly ' - I don't have a nice, normal, pill cabinet behind a mirror in the bathroom - And Intend to take them in the dark, late at night orbearly-early - thinking to reduce the inconvenience on me of the frequent peeing caused by the diatetics.
I tend to take them in the dark, one each, in bed - Remember, no prescription glasses, lack of decent light, it's hard to read the labels', of find a comfortable position to take them in.

You can do better than that with your pills! You need to sort out your daily pills by the type of pill and the time of day that you need to take them. Put them in a little cup or plate every morning and write on a piece of paper the time of day that you are supposed to take them. Or get one of those plastic, compartmentalized pill containers from the drug store so you can sort out the pills needed for each day.

Also, have you tried buying over-the-counter eye glasses from a store? They are sometimes called "readers". You can try out different strengths of magnification to find glasses that work best for you. Try them on in the store and get the ones that help you best. I'm 65 y/o and I wear them to help me read. I don't need glasses unless I am trying to read something like this computer screen. I don't need a formal eye glass prescription; I just have "old age" reduction in my eyesight and the over-the-counter glasses are adequate for me. Maybe your sight is the same way?

Is that a joke you are making about the way you take your medicine?
You could hardly have dreamed up a less reasonable approach.

Keeping medication in the bathroom is not recommended due to the humid
atmosphere in that room. Pills in the dark, not being able to read the labels.
You are making difficulties for yourself.

People sometimes do that.
They think that by exerting the least effort they are saving themselves work.
But in the long run, it is the opposite effect.

...For some direct response - I was saying that s traditional bathroom shelf behind a mirror is what I don't have:-(. I also don't have the space and equipment in my present situation to set out the pills that way. The NYS lawyer got mad at me and refused to talk about it when I brought up the subject of the cousins once. I do have drugstore generic glasses, it is prescription glasses I don't have.
I will say more elsewhere/later.

I'll also say that, not able to stay in and rest, I tend to concentrate the pill-taking to the overnights so as much of the effect of the diaretics - having to pee so much - takes place in the more manageable late night)early morning hours.

I tend to take them in the dark, one each, in bed - Remember, no prescription glasses, lack of decent light, it's hard to read the labels', of find a comfortable position to take them in. ...

I got several different shaped "pill taking systems" (boxes with compartments). I put the dosages for the week or more ahead, in their places, then took them as near to practical, to the allotted time. These always stayed in their special place in my living room or bedroom (in different homes).

It's not that nobody cares, everybody is dealing with the stress of cov19. We are trying to find work since so many of us are laid off. Or we are dealing with love ones in the hospitals. Some employers are finding nobody is showing up to work so employees are working double shifts. Some of us are unable to pay rent and are moving. There are so many things that many of us have never had to deal with. There are also a lot of new people at this forum and haven't read your posts before.

I care, Steve! Like Aspychata said, everyone is absorbed with dealing the coronavirus and the many stresses it has brought to our lives. I'm sorry to hear that you are still struggling. Have you found a decent place to live? Or at least a better place than where you used to be?

Do you ever participate in other people's threads on this website? Do you get involved in what other people here are talking about? I think people would like to hear more from you about the topics and issues they post here.

...Ss the Civic shutdown now lessens so thought back of my experience with it. I was in Portland (Salem-Eugene) OR Tim's I left for White Plains about 3 weeks ago. I was in that temporary shrlter/place to stay, then, after I was discharged from it (I suspect kind or early/before the normal time for perceived not fitting in/whatever on my part though no-one there said anything to me) I was homeless, or in a hospital. If I had not been discharged from the program then of finishing out and on the track to a place in Portland? Actually, my lack of a state I.D. after mine was stolen in December cut that off 100% anyway:(.

...I have been discharged from the hospital, I am going to a shelter.
Have I spoken about the dialysis thing? I have been told I have to have dialysis the rest of my life or die. I'm not sure if I spoke about it in the months it"s been going.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do now

...It's Saturday night now. I am in the same shelter I was sent on Friday. I am sorta okay now but much too cold. But this morning was here it looked like I was going to be thrown out. It am just extremely crippled and weak and I need a nice place of my own:sweat:.

...Sin e I had a line shut down I am continuing about my situation here. I am in this shelter, as I out I oned. I received quite a bit of money from the " Gale Gordon " lawyer, but I"m running through it and spending a lot of money on taxis back. There's really not much to do here. This concept of getting dialysis threw times a week really takes up my time.

New Threads

Top Bottom