• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mattel Recycles...

Crossbreed

Neur-D Missionary ☝️
V.I.P Member
Mattel wants you to send back your toys when you're done with them - CNN

They can have my figures when they pry them from my cold, dead fingers...! :mad:
Lego Sofa (w/Nichelle & Mike)
full

Done with them..... My 80s She Ra is still having epic adventures. Plus when I have gotten rid of thing’s like Barbies I have sold or given them away to people who wanted them. Seems like a better thing to do.

Useless if you're not in the U.S. or canada

Maybe not. The pandemic has created a lot of temporary demand. When it truly winds down, so may that demand. We shall see.

"The toy company is kicking off this program with three brands — Barbie, Matchbox and MEGA toys — and plans to add other brands in the future.

The program will initially only be available in the United States and Canada, but the company is launching similar PlayBack programs in France, Germany and the United Kingdom with a third-party partner, a spokesperson for Mattel told CNN Business."

Last edited:
I don't think I have anything by Mattel, but what I have is stored for the kids further use later on or has already been handed down to family and friends kids.

I tended not to buy stuff that got thrown out. And have kept all the kids Legos, Playmobil, etc, and my own Toy Soldier collection of course.

Oh and just as an FYI, Mattel did not invent the Barbie Doll. It began as a racy cartoon called Lilli, drawn by Reinhard Beuthien for the german tabloid Bild in '53 and was then made into a doll by O&M Hausser called Bild Lilli in '54. It was not initially marketed to little girls but to men as a novelty toy, a sort of 3D pinup girl basically.

Warnecke_HausserModell_klein-1024x735.jpg

The O&M Hausser sculpter of the original Bild Lilli, Max Weissbrodt.

I learned all this when studying Hausser (also known under the Elastolin brand) because they also made one of the most vast and best series of plastic toy soldiers ever produced.

page01.jpg

But to conclude, Mattel bought the rights to Bild Lilli and issued their slight altered version: Barbie in '64.

Bild Lilli doll - Wikipedia

...a sort of 3D pinup girl basically.
Her granddaughter, the 1:6 seamless (like Phicen) has taken back up the mantle of "pin-up" figure. They are very photogenic, but lack the range of articulated motion* that I need (besides being out of my price range).

*They have internal metal skeletons.

New Threads

Top Bottom