• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Make-up.

This might be irrational, but I am scared that by putting makeup on, I will go blind. I'm scared it will get in my eyes or something. So... I don't touch it. Wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.
No, it wouldn't make you go blind as far as I know and personally, I think you don't really need it, you already look good natural. :D

That sounds painful, just as painful as wearing makeup sounds to me. What do you wear makeup for?

Yeah, pretty stingy lol. I don't wear it anymore, but I used to when I had a social life; just gave me something to hide behind, plus it seemed to attract the ladies :)

Yeah, pretty stingy lol. I don't wear it anymore, but I used to when I had a social life; just gave me something to hide behind, plus it seemed to attract the ladies :)

Lol that's cool. I used to know this man who wore makeup and dressed like a female. He was a really great person.

That's actually pretty awesome, make up seems to be the working magic trick since the days of Queen Elizabeth the first but at the time, make up was really bad for you, it's perfectly safe but that's how far as I can remember from my humanities teacher.

That's actually pretty awesome, make up seems to be the working magic trick since the days of Queen Elizabeth the first but at the time, make up was really bad for you, it's perfectly safe but that's how far as I can remember from my humanities teacher.

Yeah, they used lead powder for foundation in those days lol.

I'd never be able to get into a routine of putting on makeup. Despite that I used to wear it when I was experimenting, so I do know how to apply it and stuff. That was the same time that I dressed fashionably. It didn't last long. I sometimes wear some eyeliner and at the moment my nails are felt tipped and clear-polished :) Never wear foundation- can't stand how it feels, and it must be bad for your skin- and lipgloss too, I stay rigid for five minutes and then wipe it all off. Same with hand cream and stuff.
I find it awful that people can make you feel bad for not wearing makeup. Nobody 'needs' it. In my school, in year 7 you'd see the obviously popular kids walk around with their faces not made up or anything, with slightly geeky clothes and in year 8 they'd look like completely different people because they'd have discovered makeup and Hello magazine and stuff. Every so often a group of them would get conjunctivitis from sharing eyeliners.
I also don't think that makeup is a 'girl issue'.

Does anyone wear it?
I used to put it on when I was younger(like 7) for the lulz. I've never really bothered with it tbh, after that.
People at school have actually offered to give me a make-over(o_O), but I always said no.
I don't really see the point tbh. It never looked very attractive to me, I don't want to get in relationship, or be attractive, to any guys, or gils, that are in my area, so it's like, point? If people judge superficially, I don't think I really want to be affiliated with them anyway.
And wearing make-up wouldn't be a confidence booster for me, I'd be constantly worrying if I ****ed up on it, and thinking how stupid I looked, etc.
Yeah. I'm cool with people who wear it or w.e.
I was just wondering.
On WP a while ago there was a pole and it turned out quite a lot of people on the spectrum wore it. IDK if it was more or less. I was rather surprised. Was wondering if it'd be the same here.
EMZ=]

I used to love play make-up as a girl, and was finally given real stuff at 15, but I just used it for special occasions. Then at 18 I realised NT women tend to wear it everyday. Personally I don't have the same need to wear it to feel presentable as them so I might put it on if I remember to put it on lol, but it's not a daily necessity.

I thought this was girls only, Chris. :p

I don't wear make up except for very formal occasions (think like.. prom.) My mom is cruel about it. "Some people are pretty enough to walk around without make up, but you're not one of them." And other generally patronizing comments implying I am childish. It feels yucky on my face and it freaks me out when I look in the mirror and I don't look like myself. But I am thinking I am going to start trying very natural make up, just because I am getting older now and I need to refine my look a little but for work and stuff. But now I am so old that it's expected I be a pro at putting on my make up, and I don't know how, and there's no one to show me that won't make fun of me. :( I tried to just look at youtube but I don't know what products to get and I don't know how to tell if the youtube person knows what they're doing. So sad. :(

Sorry to hear your mother is like that.

I do agree with what you said; maybe it does look better in the workplace to wear make up daily.

I don't wear make-up really. When I started University, I tried to use it for a while because I wanted to fit in. But I found it so hard! I want to be able to use it properly but I'm now ashamed if it looks really bad in public.
I have spots on my face so I want to cover them up but it's hard :-(

I used to wear concealor all the time to hide my blemishes... then I started using Proactiv and my acne pretty much cleared up. Now I never wear concealor. =) I don't wear other makeup either, except lip gloss, and I actually use that as lip balm as long as it has moisturizing power in it. XD So generally, I don't wear makeup. I like natural skin better.

New Threads

Top Bottom