• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Make-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrZAQFKaL4

Video for you Ruby.

I love wearing make up although i havent worn any today, My colours i wear consist of purple, green and blue, gold eye shadow there revlon make up.

lip stick is rimmel light colour and a nice lip gloss that smells like cherry and it has a mirror and a light on it which u can get from primark, peacocks.

Also wear sexy curve mascara purple or green depends on my mood.

it makes me feel good

Well wearing makeup for me is not completely connected to attraction. It is more related to fun, changing certain things about how I look and looking as someone other people would want to approach. I am pretty, something that also took me a while to realize but I know it makes me look even better and finally looking beautiful gives you licence to be odd and still be liked. I don't really go out that much at least not to say, parties. When I do go out if all else fails I pretend to be a quiet shy girl and talk the least bit possible picking safe topics and never using the word "you" outside questions since people may feel accused. I know that if my face looks perfect at least I have that. In this context I mostly use it to cover imperfections and to make myself less pale with some blush.

Besides that, I get very perfectionist with makeup, for example I want every eyelash to be perfect so I might spend an hour just putting on mascara perfectly. This might be connected to going out or not since it has turned into a hobby of mine. Also if you are into routines and stuff it can really work for you because there are always certain steps to follow to get it the way you want. I've leart a lot of tricks from youtube and from my own experience especially to change the shape of my eyes since they are small. I went thruough a jpop phase and leart how to do the big doll eyes etc. I think make up can be a lot of fun and a bit of an art which lets you make amazing changes to your appearance. I like it :thumbsup:

Thank you for the video, Willow! It was really helpful. I am still struggling with eyeshadows. I have those almay three pack things that are color specific. Youre supposed to put the bottom color over your lid, apply the middle color to the crease and blend, and then put the top color on the brow bone. My sister put it on me and I really liked it but it just looks stupid when I do it. D:

I think I am most beautiful without make up, but it is fun to play with so I figure it doesn't hurt to wear it once in a while.

The key to putting more than one colour eyeshadow on is blending. Just get a little tiny brush and brush over it all, or use your finger.

I very rarely wear it, I usually can't be bothered. I used to wear it more often but then I got lazy.
I do wear it on special occasions though, but not alot I only wear some black eyeliner or something.
I can never understand why girls can't go out without wearing makeup and act like the end is nigh if they forget to put it on.

Till... I guess about a year ago, I never did used any Make up.... But since discovvering the Youtube gurus, I started doing a little sometime, when I want to feel special...

But still hardly do any.... I´m just so extremly light it´s very difficult to find some things that matches me....
Just tried to do some 60ties eyeliner stuff, but ended a complete mess... well who cares.... just going to meet my friends so they have to accept me looking strange

I wear make up everyday. I feel ugly without it. I never started using it regularly until about a year ago. Now I wouldn't be caught dead in public without make up.

I have a particular way of doing my make up, I rarely experiment: Foundation, winged liquid eyeliner, mascara, lip and cheek tint.

The only make-up I ever wear, or have ever worn, is the occasional lip gloss or lip stick (usually gloss). I also sometimes wear nail polish, but I don't think that counts as make-up.

I used to wear heaps of makeup, kept it all in a toolbox (nothing more manly lol). I actually wore it with the express intent of looking odd: I figured so long as people are looking at the makeup they aren't really looking at me, so I guess it was kind of a mask. As for eye shadow I always blended with fingertips; you get more control that way and it's easy to clean your finger on a cloth to prevent muddying it all up. And with foundation you gotta make sure you blend it under the jaw-line properly so you don't get a line.

The only time I used make up was when I was doing this play back when I was at school, it was called Blind date and you have no idea how awkward it was but it was definitely a good laugh we had there. :lol:

Good thing I weren't chosen, I wonder what would of happened if I did?

This might be irrational, but I am scared that by putting makeup on, I will go blind. I'm scared it will get in my eyes or something. So... I don't touch it. Wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

This might be irrational, but I am scared that by putting makeup on, I will go blind. I'm scared it will get in my eyes or something. So... I don't touch it. Wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

I used to get makeup gunk in my eyes all the time; just don't try to remove it with baby lotion--ouch!

New Threads

Top Bottom