• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Made a new friend at The Mohawk

Congratulations for what sounds like it was a very enjoyable night for you. Still, remember to keep your wits about you and be safe.

See you stepped out of your thinking and just talked to someone. And all the naysayers in your life fell to the wayside. But you still need to step out and engage with others, and you have confidence. Maybe that necklace brought u some luck, or some confidence or some swag. Lol

I love it when a plan comes together even better when someone else follows it. "Doll " in my day it was he's cute.

@Markness
"They both danced rather erotically and even kissed but Jennifer still approached me and held my hands."

The two girls danced and kissed each other?

@Markness
"They both danced rather erotically and even kissed but Jennifer still approached me and held my hands."

The two girls danced and kissed each other?
This pretty standard stuff in rock and goth clubs in my experience. It could mean any one of virtually infinite things! :)

We made some shop talk about music as well as our lives and she patted my hand after telling her of myself finally being free from dealing with a work bully. Another thing clicked in my mind and I asked her for her phone number. She happily gave it to me!
That is how it is done. Nice going. Also, you did well getting rid of the annoying person at work.

The evening sounds like a custom-made day out for you. I hope you & Jennifer keep in touch. I do not know if "girlfriend" means "lesbian partner" or "friend who is a girl"; this is the goth culture and it could mean whatever. Sounds like you're having a nice time though, which is excellent, & I bet you & Jennifer & the unnamed girlfriend can go find other music lovers & boost one another's social lives.

I go socializing with my wife and her friend who is now a widow. situation may be more complex than seems on the surface get to know her, if a relationship develops enjoy it and if it is not to your liking, you can always try again it took both my sons two try's.

Mark, thanks for sharing this event with us. I know over the years things have been hard for you. That you found a zone where you felt so welcomed by others is the greatest news!

Great going! I think you mentioned previously that she gave you her number. Have you followed up? It is part of the care and feeding of a relationship. And people like to hear when they have made a positive impression.

Do not let this fall through the cracks.

I've just started doing some updating myself on Goth culture. looks like it has really grown from when I was first made aware.in the late 1970's whole lifestyle, philosophy, behind it. now Looks like you may have found a second.
place you can fit in.

This proves people wrong in Markness's life. He is approachable, he fit in fine at this club. He enjoyed the experience and it opened him up to talking to woman. This is a start, just talking to others without stressing out. No pressure, if he does or doesn't want to contact her. He represents success here, a success story. Great job, thank you for sharing your success story, and your ongoing successes.

This proves people wrong in Markness's life. He is approachable, he fit in fine at this club. He enjoyed the experience and it opened him up to talking to woman. This is a start, just talking to others without stressing out. No pressure, if he does or doesn't want to contact her.
Oh, I’ve actually kept in touch with her!

Exactly, this should give you energy to believe that you can say hello to other woman. That some of us are friendly! And to keep putting yourself out there. And be open to friendships first, before moving forward. And as @Gerald Wilgus notes, keep your boundaries in place. Don't let anybody take advantage of you.

Nothing to worry about here. I have always thought about taking dance lesson over the years to keep up with my wife. Her erotic dancing over the years would shame strippers even had the whole dance floor stop surround us and watch us not me her. not comfortable for me she loves it

New Threads

Top Bottom