• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Luca's creative arts thread

Her hair is so realistic. You added personality, like l feel she is real, and l will run into her at the grocery store. You may find commercial applications for this. I think you may surprise yourself. The hair detail, Wunderbar.

Great stuff Luca!

I'm always impressed by those who can find and forge their own paths, and it's awesome that you work in a variety of mediums as well since that opens up so many opportunities. May you find much more creativity and be so kind as to share with us. :)

This is my latest art project...

I drew her with my Kamvas Pro tablet in Photoshop. I drew in and colored the base layer first and then went over it and did outlines and added in all the shading and details. I used the gradient tool for the background because I haven't mastered drawing backgrounds yet.

View attachment 94491
@Luca, this is really good. She has expression and personality. I particularly like the touch of shading you've given her. It's just enough to suggest she's a real person in a real room--someone with a story. Because of this, she doesn't need a background.

Absolutely wonderful and brilliant Luca! :) Looking forward to seeing more! :)

My experience with art teachers was quite similar unfortunately :-( It seems sometimes they over step the mark and want to control creativity and somehow make it conform. That's not what art is about in my mind!

I'm really glad you are going your own way and expressing yourself! You are really talented and I'm glad you still have that spark! :)

I also felt that they were trying to steer me away from my natural style and inclination because they didn't like it, and trying too hard to shape me as an artist instead of listening to what my heart was telling me.
That is exactly what they do to you in fine arts.
I took it in college also.
Always critiqued for using my own style.
I don't see art as a create by rule study.
There are so many different art styles from all artists.

Van Gogh doesn't look like Rembrandt. Yet they are great artists.
Classes can give pointers, but art IS from the heart and just as individual.

Mydragon.jpg

My own styles. Sketched and painted free hand.
!cid_002a01cb020a$a3d0cdd0$55A2B184@suevhqxdj0apq7.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom