• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Luca's creative arts thread

Luca

V.I.P Member
Since I create art in a huge variety of mediums (digital art, photography, paint on canvas, watercolor, pencil sketching, colored pencil, markers, oil pastels, crayons, mixed media, collage, video production, audio production, even creative writing sometimes) I decided to just combine them all into one thread so I don't have to go frantically searching for places to post them everywhere else.

This is my latest art project... I like to practice drawing people, and I especially like drawing women (not surprisingly.) I also feel like women of color and women with more realistic body shapes and hair textures are kind of underrepresented in digital art. So here is my latest original character, her name is Vanessa.
I have two other characters that I've been drawing, Jordana (who is Latin American and has amber eyes) and Chloe (a plus-size English woman with curly red hair.)

I drew her with my Kamvas Pro tablet in Photoshop. I drew in and colored the base layer first and then went over it and did outlines and added in all the shading and details. I used the gradient tool for the background because I haven't mastered drawing backgrounds yet.
She is completely my own design and I just drew what she looks like in my head. I think she's cute lol. This took several hours, so I hope it came out good... I still struggle with critiques, and I have bad self-esteem when it comes to my art, and this is also my first time drawing a portrait this detailed in over a year, so I will ask people to please remember to be kind and use the golden rule... :)
But I really like her and I think she came out really good!!!

Vanessa.jpg

This is lovely! I would love to see more of your work!

I used to draw and paint watercolors also. Will have to dig my sketchbooks to find them.

This is lovely! I would love to see more of your work!

I used to draw and paint watercolors also. Will have to dig my sketchbooks to find them.
Thank you!!
I will try to post more of my artwork on here, I'm just shy!

I would love to see your artwork as well!

I love her! Faces are so hard to draw for me. You have great skills here. Among other awesomeness, her eyes are amazing!

Looking forward to seeing more, like @AprilR said.

Faces are so hard to draw for me. You have great skills here. Among other awesomeness, her eyes are amazing!

Looking forward to seeing more, like @AprilR said.
Thank you so much!!
Faces are frustrating for me too... so are hands and feet... but I think she came out almost completely accurate to how I picture her, which is an accomplishment for me!
I really like her eyes too! I have green eyes, and it's apparently the rarest eye color, so I like to see green eyes represented in art as well, especially with black and Hispanic characters.
I think the reason I have green eyes is because I'm Argentinian, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I think it's worth mentioning too that I am a self-taught artist... here is my story.

I did attempt to go to art school when I first started college but I dropped out. I felt that the program was too intense for me emotionally. I was struggling with anorexia and very bad insomnia at the time and I had just been formally diagnosed with PTSD. It was later adjusted to a diagnosis of complex PTSD. I was subsequently diagnosed with more than one chronic illness, and a few years prior I had sustained serious injuries from self-harming, physical violence and abuse, and suicide attempts, that still affect me even now. So the intensity of going to school for fine arts was too much.
I also felt that they were trying to steer me away from my natural style and inclination because they didn't like it, and trying too hard to shape me as an artist instead of listening to what my heart was telling me. The critiques killed my self-esteem and I didn't draw or paint at all for almost a year, until my family temporarily moved to Hawaii and I finally felt at peace there.
I ended up going back to school (after returning to the mainland US) for a while but I studied audio engineering and film production. I ended up not finishing my BA for reasons I have previously discussed on here.
Formal art school and formal training are great for some artists, but it wasn't working for me.

I have been sketching and painting since I was younger than 5 but I have only been drawing and painting digitally with a tablet since 2020.
I have been a hobbyist photographer and video editor since I was in elementary school. And I started out with a film DSLR, a VHS camcorder, and a polaroid camera!

Every artist's talent and skill level is constantly evolving, so never give up even if you think you're not good or if others have discouraged you!

I like it, specially the expression of her face. There is peace in her. I also like the hair volume.

Since I learned to draw by spotting my mistakes, I have never faced stronger criticism than myself.

I may some day jump to digital art. I started some Kryta tutorials and bougth a digital drawing tablet, but I stopped and did other things instead. Just sketched this:

IMG_20230116_061325.jpg

Im happy that you are expressing your art as it is a part of yourself long silenced. Congratulations on this step of sharing with us. I love to see others art, its a window to our souls.

Hugs.

I like it, specially the expression of her face. There is peace in her. I also like the hair volume.

Since I learned to draw by spotting my mistakes, I have never faced stronger criticism than myself.

I may some day jump to digital art. I started some Kryta tutorials and bougth a digital drawing tablet, but I stopped and did other things instead. Just sketched this:

View attachment 94511

Im happy that you are expressing your art as it is a part of yourself long silenced. Congratulations on this step of sharing with us. I love to see others art, its a window to our souls.

Hugs.
amazing. I love this ^^

Here’s a quick pencil sketch I did of a Rusalka (kind of like a Siren, from Polish folklore.)
I actually do prefer the digital tablet for shading and coloring though.

916619DF-FE1E-4EFF-B08A-2DBF59E44C4C.jpeg

I'm going to do a re-draw of her with the tablet later and see if I'm happier with the results...
The good thing about digital is that you can redo and modify art as many times as you want without damaging it.

Thank you!!
I will try to post more of my artwork on here, I'm just shy!

I would love to see your artwork as well!

No need to be shy, i really think your art has character. She gives an impression of a initially shy, but charming and bubbly( when you get to know her) person.

Your art skills have gotten really great, I love this! Especially the colour scheme. Her face is so cute. I wish I could do digital art like this but I can only draw with a pencil lol

New Threads

Top Bottom