• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love is alien to me. How do I tell if I’m getting taken advantage of instead of finding a partner?

I have more interest in platonic love/friendships than romance
That is very nice. Even married I have developed some, and my spouse knows about them? For somebody like me, friendships are very meaningful. The relationship I had with my spouse, being friends first, allowed me to approach the relationship way out of my comfort zone to be vulnerable to her. That worked out to have repercussions in my life.

Is there a Autistic people date only app ! That had a creep and criminal search function built into that app itself ? If not there could be.Any computer people here want to help me create one ?. I am just an idea Person I have many of them everyday.

We can have a creep rating so people can choose to reply to person or not or leave a rating

Last edited:
Dating apps are nothing but meat markets, there's really no way around it. You won't find romance and much less any sort of platonic relationship on those.

You don't really make friends (well, depends on your definition of the word) on the Internet. Or at least it's VERY difficult.

Ideally, you make friends in the real world, at work, during education, when engaging in some hobbies. Now, the problem is that for most people friendship is often a very surface level thing, that may not be what you're expecting, or that whatever diagnosis or issues you have that led you to this forum may prevent you from being able to do that.

Also, and gosh I feel uncomfortable saying this to a complete stranger, but just by reading this thread it jumped out to me that you come off as an extremely easy target for creeps. Here's why:

For starters, you're posting on an forum about autism. Justified or not, there's an assumption that comes with that, that everything else being equal you're likely going to be less world savvy.

Second of all, unless I'm confused about the number you've made public your age which while technically an adult, it's still pretty young. You really should hide that in any and every website you use.

And finally, the whole situation makes it very clear you're (and I truly mean no offense) a bit naive regarding these things or at the very least completely lacking in experience.

In a weird way you lucked out with that guy being such a blatant and direct creep, because even a slightly manipulative one would have befriended you first, saying exactly what you want to hear, until he's built some rapport with you and a few weeks/months later he springs the trap little by little and who knows how that would have ended up. But chances are, not well for you.

So, not trying to be preachy or anything here but be careful. You never truly know who's on the other side of these things.

I have more interest in platonic love/friendships than romance
You may be interested in a platonic relationship, but it is obvious HE is not. All indications are that he is interested in an overt sexual relationship that does not include romance. I have seen this sort of thing before, a guy will pester a girl until she gives in just to stop the pestering. At this point you are no longer your own person, and there is no going back. Avoid him and any others like him at all costs.

Yes. We can talk ONLY if you don’t request tasteful pics of me. (Tasteful as in borderline NSFW territory)
—me
I hope this was well received. I know it was hard for you and you definitely set a boundary. This shows courage and self respect.

No matter what we all say, you have autonomy and you can put the boundaries where you want.

Just remember, as you choose where those boundaries should be, you are valuable and you are worthy. Loneliness cannot defeat you because you have more life to live and a future full of potential friendships. You are trying, that is great!

Keep your self-worth at the forefront, please, because I care and your worth is real. Also remember, once you lay a boundary down, if someone crosses it, you do not have to accept that.

Matched with a guy on Bumble. Deleted my bumble profile. Guy now has my number and wants to call me everyday because he thinks I’m cute and thinks my body and physical features are attractive. Keep in mind we met yesterday and he’s jumping into plans of irl meetups. My dad is uncomfortable with me meeting ppl I don’t know unless he has talked to them personally, which turns me off from going out with my friends. The excuse is because I rarely do so since I lack friends that are my age. He has asked for “undressing” pics (presumably just me in a bra, which I sent one time and he wants more, which I’m uncomfortable with).

Im scared that I’m gonna be forever alone and have nobody to share my life with. The only real chance I get to socialize with ppl is at work.

Please be very careful with people you meet for dating and through the internet. I think you should find someone you can trust to help you. I do not want to scare you with stories but some very bad things can happen and they are not rare. I speak from experience. There are lot of nice people who you can certainly trust but there are also dangerous people and they can seem just like the nice ones.

Matched with a guy on Bumble. Deleted my bumble profile. Guy now has my number and wants to call me everyday because he thinks I’m cute and thinks my body and physical features are attractive. Keep in mind we met yesterday and he’s jumping into plans of irl meetups. My dad is uncomfortable with me meeting ppl I don’t know unless he has talked to them personally, which turns me off from going out with my friends. The excuse is because I rarely do so since I lack friends that are my age. He has asked for “undressing” pics (presumably just me in a bra, which I sent one time and he wants more, which I’m uncomfortable with).

Im scared that I’m gonna be forever alone and have nobody to share my life with. The only real chance I get to socialize with ppl is at work.

I read the title of your thread properly now and I realize you were asking for information or advice. I will say what I can in a brief way. I can be fooled socially pretty easily and I have been, this is what I will say:

Take it as a sign of danger if you are clear with someone and they seem to ignore you. It will not get better and they may be planning something. To explain, a man I met kept insisting I come up to his apartment. I did not see the need but he was very insistent and he attacked me when we were inside. He put his arms around me and started trying to kiss me. He did not listen to me when I told him no. I realized later he must have been planning that.

See it as a warning sign if someone you just met starts talking about the two of you. It is called "forced intimacy". They might say "Let's (as in "let us") get your car washed / groceries upstairs etcetera. Anything that is only part of your life but they suddenly and inappropriately make it seem like you are joined in. It is a manipulative trick. I do not think nice people who are not trying to control you will do this.

Be careful with new people who say things that bother you and when you say so, they always say, "just kidding". They are trying to make you not feel alarmed or upset about something they did in fact say. Nice people will say sorry and not keep saying things that upset or hurt you. That is the difference.

Be careful with people who are never awkward about anything. Even calm confident people will feel odd in some situations, it is natural. If someone always seems confident and never feels they made a mistake, they are acting. Trying to perform in a way to charm you. You cannot know what a person doing this is really like and so cannot guess what they might do.

There is the physical place where you are, standing or sitting. And their place. The person can try to get closer to you somewhere in the middle but if they only come over into your space, they are being aggressive and in the right place and time it could be appropriate, like leaning in for a kiss or hug when you both feel that way. It can also be aggressive in a dangerous way. If you are in doubt and uncomfortable I would recommend asking or telling the person to not come so close and see if they are nice about it and move back or keep coming close again anyway. If they do the latter I think it is a dangerous sign.

I wrote so much I will stop.

Last edited:
Please be very careful with people you meet for dating and through the internet. I think you should find someone you can trust to help you. I do not want to scare you with stories but some very bad things can happen and they are not rare. I speak from experience. There are lot of nice people who you can certainly trust but there are also dangerous people and they can seem just like the nice ones.
A very good point. I'll add that the workplace relationship can be very complicated, if mysterionz ever gets to that point. Not that they never work out, but if they don't, there can be a lot of complications.

New Threads

Top Bottom