• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dennis S

V.I.P Member
I am an autistic who very much wants to meet fellow aspies in Germany. I wish to learn German and to eventually live in Germany. I have a US passport so I understand it could be some time before I am allowed to visit. I have never done well in learning languages in school but when I’ve lived in places where an unfamiliar language was spoken and it was important for me to speak to people, I was able to learn to communicate. However, I have never mastered any language other than English. I did attain education through a baccalaureate from the University of California at Berkeley.

I grew up hearing Yiddish until I was four. My grandmother was Dutch and her Yiddish was as close to German as Ebonics is to English, or so I’ve been told.

I want to contact people in Germany who would be interested in helping me to learn German through face-to-face learning. Although I wish to learn from people fluent in the German language, they can be people of any ethnicity, nationality, etc. Can you help me? Can you post my plea on your website? Can you direct me to any person or group of people who might assist me? I want to get in touch with aspies or people who want to work with aspies? Any help at all is gratefully appreciated.

Hi; Um, ebonics is a made up thing so not even close to english which is a real language. Not sure who told you that but they were pulling your strings so to speak.

Have you tried some German apps? I’m learning German and using several apps. Just google them and get reviews and see which one would work best for you. We got a dog that knows German so this was a game changer for it, he’s real big (Bigger than me) and we needed him to obey commands.

Can I ask what it is about Germany that makes you want to move there? Just curious. I’m not a German person myself, I’m Dutch.

I’m from Germany I can teach you German. I know this post is a bit older but if you want to I can help you anyway.
Have a nice day ✌

New Threads

Top Bottom