• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking back on my old threads

Yes I think your art is quite promising. I liked the kittens best, they are really in motion as kittens! Also the black and white loopy futuristic pattern is well done and interesting, and the vertical lines picture is really well done, that must be very difficult to do. I like the female anime figure with rabbit ears, is she a particular character? Well drawn.

Yes I think your art is quite promising. I liked the kittens best, they are really in motion as kittens! Also the black and white loopy futuristic pattern is well done and interesting, and the vertical lines picture is really well done, that must be very difficult to do. I like the female anime figure with rabbit ears, is she a particular character? Well drawn.

She is. She’s also in my avatar. Her name’s Nanachi and she is from Made in Abyss.

It's fine to post. But as well as posting, can you try some self development ideas? I know you have said you try but in the end, we do have to keep trying to find something that works for us. From what you say, you are probably going to need to keep working hard on your self development, ultimately it's the key to improving life, also think about self acceptance and working on what's positive, which is plenty in your life from what I can tell.

Vaccines are on the way, life will improve and you can find more self development options, as well as hopefully get less dissatisfied with yourself and others. You sound like an ok person, but you tend to over emphasise the downsides when it would be so much more helpful to yourself to take some small action towards a goal you want, and follow through. Try listening to self help recordings and motivational meditations.

Can I still hope that I’ll find love and be able to post as well as tell others in my life I’ve finally found a loving partner?

Our hopes motivate our actions, and well targeted actions are what lead to the results we hope for. There's been lots of suggestions of possible ways forward for you to consider so probably the best thing now is to take some steps to get what you hope for by small actions that will lead towards your goals.

You're already doing some therapy, so hopefully you can use that to make plans and get support for your progress. Working on your self development and confidence seem key. Tell us how you are doing as you make a plan to progress with your goals.

Our hopes motivate our actions, and well targeted actions are what lead to the results we hope for. There's been lots of suggestions of possible ways forward for you to consider so probably the best thing now is to take some steps to get what you hope for by small actions that will lead towards your goals.

You're already doing some therapy, so hopefully you can use that to make plans and get support for your progress. Working on your self development and confidence seem key. Tell us how you are doing as you make a plan to progress with your goals.

I think I’ll talk to my therapist about making plans. I know it sounds silly but planning things is something I have difficulty grasping.

It's really good to notice what areas seems hard, as this is how you know what to get help with specifically. I ve definitely got better at planning than I used to be, and it's a useful skill which fortunately can be broken down into doable elements.

You are actually starting to plan when you notice issues that are unsatisfactory in your life, this is the first stage of doing something about it, so you have done that, and you have also got further, by getting support, both from a therapist and from others here and in your life.

So I agree it's good idea to now to home in on planning some specific targets and actions that can be broken down into doable steps and followed through on. As we do this, we also need support from others to help us keep going. Regular meetings with your therapist and discussion here could be 2 ways of getting support. Taking actions, discussing how they went, and adjusting your actions to improve their effectiveness in helping you towards your goals, are key steps to achieve our hopes.

I decided to give some multi-vitamin gummies a try to see if they will make a positive change for me and my therapist taught me to do ‘cross-walking’ which helped me feel some stimulation that I don’t usually get, especially since I haven’t been to a gym for a long spell now.

That sounds good, hope you enjoy your walks, I think you will soon feel fitter if you keep that up, and even in the rain, like today, I find walking uplifting. Keep on planning actions, one action tends to lead to or inspire another.

New Threads

Top Bottom