• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

When you call an NHS number and you have to listen to like 5 minutes of a recorded message gabbling on about covid before you get through to speak to anyone.

Getting caught off-guard by unexpected noises/sounds.

I used to have this issue with Foxes that lived near my house before I eventually got used to it; if they weren't making noises that sounded like a woman getting murdered, it sounded like they were saying "Hello?"

Another example from the past is when I decided to watch the TV Adaptation of Chocky...only to nearly spill my cup of tea over myself when I heard the opening credits.
Seriously, whose idea was it to put the sound of a woman screaming in there?!

Getting caught off-guard by unexpected noises/sounds.

I used to have this issue with Foxes that lived near my house before I eventually got used to it; if they weren't making noises that sounded like a woman getting murdered, it sounded like they were saying "Hello?"

Another example from the past is when I decided to watch the TV Adaptation of Chocky...only to nearly spill my cup of tea over myself when I heard the opening credits.
Seriously, whose idea was it to put the sound of a woman screaming in there?!

I hate it when you're walking along the street and all of a sudden a dog suddenly barks loudly from behind a gate or bush, it almost startles me to death.

People online who post excessively about 'a new pandemic', not taking into account how much distress it can cause for people who were badly impacted by the covid pandemic.

Facebook shorts being too...short. I know that's why they're called shorts but they're sometimes so short that I barely had enough time to comprehend what the video was about and then it abruptly ends and begins over again.

Women who plaster themselves with way too much make-up and foundation in their Facebook photos.
"I wonder what Jane who I used to go around with at school looks like now" *finds her on Facebook* "oh, just like every other woman"

Clicking "Never ask again" regarding AutismForums telling me "Asperger's & Autism Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications"...only for AutismForums to then ask me again a few weeks/months later.

Being watched by others, like if I'm using my phone or working on my computer and someone sitting near me is watching me, it makes me feel very uncomfortable and agitated.

When I post a message to someone, like a mod, about another page, but forget to post the link. I often make this mistake.
They message back saying "which link? You didn't provide one." I'd copied a link to my clip tray, wrote the rant first, then forgot to add the link in the post.

See what I mean when I'm often so eager to post something that I'm not thinking first? I don't often proofread because with ADHD that can be quite difficult. I just want to get it POSTED! Lol

New Threads

Top Bottom