• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

I'm plus sized so most tops have either too big armholes or huge sleeves, because they think all women my size have massive arms. In reality I don't know any women my size with arms that big.

I hate most plus size clothing period
They think plus size women are ugly and should wear sacks.
So wrong to treat a certain size that happens to be bigger like it is ugly and cannot dress pretty

I suppose intrusive sounds while at home would be at the top of the list. Annoyances, but most of the time not something that can put me into a "fight or flight" mode.

Though something new is rapidly gaining steam in this respect. That my ISP is having more frequent outages based on very local issues. Every time I see the lights go out on my Internet phone modem it becomes increasingly irritating.

With my ISP dutifully reporting outages through e-mail, which I can't access until they fix whatever caused the outage in the first place. :rolleyes:
Yep, our energy company wants us to go online to report our power is out
(Sigh with eye roll)

People who don't have all buttons done up on a polo shirt. I know most people can relate to not having all buttons done up, but for some reason I get a touch of OCD in this matter. I don't wear polo shirts myself, haven't since I wore school uniform (and if I remember correctly, always had all 3 buttons done up).

People who don't have all buttons done up on a polo shirt. I know most people can relate to not having all buttons done up, but for some reason I get a touch of OCD in this matter. I don't wear polo shirts myself, haven't since I wore school uniform (and if I remember correctly, always had all 3 buttons done up).

Related to this, I was really frustrated as a kid to learn that you are never supposed to button the top button of a shirt. It never made sense to me. Why have the button if you can't actually use it? A friend of mine suggested a reason which makes a surprising amount of sense.

"So that others can identify the losers"

This thread is turning into a place where I have evidence that I am annoying to many people. I thought we were talking more about things and experiences that annoy us more than people that annoy us.

I officially declare myself as annoying. I guess now I’m free to carry-on.

This thread is turning into a place where I have evidence that I am annoying to many people.

"Don't judge a person by what they say, judge them by what they do."

People often tell me I'm annoying but they keep coming back for more. :)

This thread is turning into a place where I have evidence that I am annoying to many people. I thought we were talking more about things and experiences that annoy us more than people that annoy us.

Some people just like to be annoyed.

I'm guilty of many things listed in this thread too. But it's best to not take it to heart. I think all humans annoy each other.

Sales people that try to tell me what I want. Especially when it comes to clothes.

[Edit] I get some funny looks when clothes shopping because I shop by feel. I brush everything with my finger tips and if it feels too nylon and staticky I snatch my hand back like it's been bitten.

Last edited:
Same here, plus our internet provider wants us to go online to report that the internet does not work. :rolleyes:
Can't you use your phone in those instances? I mean internet on the phone, not making phone calls. I hate that though, I much prefer a big screen and a real keyboard.

Background "music" that is scientifically selected to reduce boredom during a speech. Also, background music designed to manipulate the emotions as one gets information. Beyond that, I don't like the introductions and titles on video clips. I've already decided I want to see it before the self-advert and introduction. Then, there is usually a long, irrelevant introduction. The content is often repeated three different ways, driving me batty as I pay close attention and get nothing new. Finally, it often turns out that the title was a tricky emphasis on a minor detail, not the main story, and the title picture was not even relevant.

New Threads

Top Bottom