• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Light a Candle...

AGXStarseed

Following recent events here in the UK, I decided to set up this thread post.

Here is a link for you to light a virtual candle for whatever purpose you may choose. The following text below is from the website and not written by me:

"Lighting candles has long been a sacred ritual in all traditions, creating precious moments in our own and other people's lives.

Link hearts with friends and loved ones, punctuate a prayer, ask for or give support, mark an anniversary... a death... a birth... a birthday... healing...friendship...or just to affirm this moment!"

Click the link and follow the instructions: Light a Candle, Light a Virtual Candle Online

In your comment below, you are free to say why you are lighting this candle - whether it be for an anniversary, a birth/birthday, passing of a friend/loved one, etc.
Once lit, the candle will remain alight for 36 hours.

For me, I'm dedicating the candle I light now to the victims and families of the 2017 Manchester terror attack. You can find my candle by searching 'SM' (without the apostrophes) on the website - Light a candle - Candles

Last edited:
Following recent events here in the UK, I decided to set up this thread post.

Here is a link for you to light a virtual candle for whatever purpose you may choose. The following text below is from the website and not written by me:

"Lighting candles has long been a sacred ritual in all traditions, creating precious moments in our own and other people's lives.

Link hearts with friends and loved ones, punctuate a prayer, ask for or give support, mark an anniversary... a death... a birth... a birthday... healing...friendship...or just to affirm this moment!"

Click the link and follow the instructions: Light a Candle, Light a Virtual Candle Online

In your comment, you are free to say why you are lighting this candle. It will stay lit for 36 hours.

For me, I'm dedicating the candle I light now to the victims and families of the 2017 Manchester terror attack. You can find my candle by searching 'SM' (without the apostrophes) on the website - Light a candle - Candles
Well done. Thank you for posting that. Its a sad day here in england... Tragic waste of life... Truly disturbing when this happens... I was in london a week before the attack at westminster and in the same place where it happened...... Shine on manchester............!

giphy (30).gif

i havent been on the internet for the past two days,i am from manchester and live in a central manchester village called whalley range-a calm muslim majority place that in the past couple of days has been targeted by police for islamic extremism related to the bombing.
i am sorry if what i say has been said already but i just have to say a few things as i am still shocked.

i will be lighting an e-candle,i cannot light real candles in my apartment as it is against the rules for some stupid reason.

i am very shocked at what has happened in my town and cannot believe why a 22 year old could target children let alone anyone,i cant believe the mentality of that twat,he wasnt a true muslim;true religeon believers follow their religeon they dont twist it to suit their own deranged thinking.
he was a twat who used a religeon to hide his hatred behind for people who are different to himself.
lets not use this as a reason to target innocent muslims and remember we have lost children and adults to terrorism but it wont stop mancunians from going about their normal lives, it takes a lot more than a bomb to make us fall to our knees begging for mercy, look at the IRA bomb that happened to us in the nineties-it actually improved the city after it was fixed up.

i think the incident shows how caring this city is,a homeless man risked his life to run into the arena when the bomb went off,helped so many people,and now the manager of a football team [west ham i think] is buying him a house and giving him money for 6 months to get him back on his feet.
mancunians all offered their help such as taxis driving the vulnerable concert goers home for free wherever they came from,residents of manchester were offering to drive people home,they were opening up their homes to give a free bed and food till they could go home,hotels were giving free rooms,and now tatooists all over manchester are tatooing people with manchesters logo-the worker bee for £50 and 100% of the money is going to help the people affected, because of course many of the people will be left with devastating injuries or life changing disabilities.

i am proud of my city for coming together in a crisis and i dont see this as a political issue, i think we should be able to talk about the aftermath without attaching it to a specific label.

Absolutely disgusting what happened in Manchester. Losers indeed. I'm sure this is the last thing all law-abiding, peaceful Muslims want to hear about, and unfortunately this is only going to fuel the fire even further for all the minority-hating bigots across the globe.

As a citizen of this planet - not an American, but this planet - my condolences go out to those affected by this incident in the UK, especially to the families of the 22 killed and those injured. For this, I light a candle:

candle-animated-gif-1.gif

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom