• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Licorice poll!

Licorice?

• Black

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Red

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Jelly beans

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Salted

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Hard

• Soft

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Tea

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I hate all licorice

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
I like this Swedish licorice candy, it's called Jungle Scream. Small licorice pieces shaped like monkeys. It's very, very salty licorice. Very salty, strong. Makes your eyes water a little, like it should. It says on the package, "Candy with furiously salty licorice taste". It actually says "furiously". :)

licorice.jpg

Last edited:
I like this Swedish licorice candy, it's called Jungle Scream. Small licorice pieces shaped like monkeys. It's very, very salty licorice. Very salty, strong. Makes your eyes water a little, like it should. It says on the package, "Candy with furiously salty licorice taste". It actually says "furiously". :)

View attachment 98825
I believe such advertising. Not to long ago I bought what I thought would be some pleasantly sweet and sour gummie candies. Quite a shock to eat the first one. They made "sweet tarts" seem utterly lame. :eek:

I believe such advertising. Not to long ago I bought what I thought would be some pleasantly sweet and sour gummie candies. Quite a shock to eat the first one. They made "sweet tarts" seem utterly lame. :eek:

The Swedes are also notorious for their candy. They make weird candy. They even have licorice ice cream.

licorice.jpg

Licorice seems to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it things.

I like black licorice, English Allsorts licorice, and Australian soft licorice. That's probably my favorite type of candy. The Red Vines brand of licorice, even the black stuff, is disappointing because it's too waxy to dissolve in my mouth.

I'm not so wild about the Northern European salt-licorice, which has ammonium chloride in it. I could tolerate the Danish and Swedish salt licorices, but not really enjoy it. The Finnish salt licorice was too much for me to handle - I couldn't even finish one piece.

One of my most snobbish opinions is that only black licorice should be called licorice. The other stuff is a good chewy candy, but it's not licorice.

He's right. Licorice root is phytoestrogenic. And too much estrogen for a man or woman, can be a bad thing. It can lead to the dreaded "estrogen dominance".

However, if used sporadically, it is absolutely harmless, and one of the finest cough remedies. Very soothing for children with harsh bronchitis like coughs.

Good: Licorice has also been known to calm an upset stomach.

Bad: A recent study showed that eating too much of it will raise your blood pressure.

A nice hard, salted licorice is such a wonderful treat. It's not good for your heart health, though. Watch out, if you're over 40!

It is so disgusting and the flavor in leave in your mouth lingers on.
My dad loves it and eats it quickly like a whole bag gone so quickly.

Though I think people can get health problems amd die if they eat at too much too quickly.
Because I think it is not good for the heart or something or the guts if eat too much.

It raises blood pressure. So it's not advised to be consumed by those who already have high blood pressure if I recall correctly.

I assume you're talking about black licorice rather than "red" licorice. I like it occasionally.

When I was a kid I'd go to the bulk health food store as a kid and I'd get an actual licorice root as a treat. It's very close to having a stick of candy licorice, but the flavor lasts for days.

The salted licorice from Europe comes in degrees of saltiness. The double salt, extreme salt is heinous to me. In the extremely salty black licorice, there's an ammonia smell/taste. Heinous.

I hate licorice, except for the chewy red kind they have at Target sometimes.
Black licorice is so disgusting to me, I would rather eat a bag of olives lol

Don't like licorice, and consequently I don't care for Uzo either.

I do like black olives though....especially on my pizza. :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom