• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

lets recommend albums!!

I thought the following was an interesting Youtube comment:

"J.M. G.5 years ago
I grew up in Amherst, a little older than J Mascis. My little sister was his age, same high school class. He was "Joe" back then. You've got to realize... he was only 5 years out of h.s. when he made this record. Phenomenal! No one in Amherst would have seen that coming! One of my first serious romances was with someone from his class! He was a nerd! A stoner nerd! Little did any of us know that this "stoner nerd" was hard at work at seeing his musical vision metamorphisize into singular reality. By the time this record came out, I had already been playing in several bands in Boston. But I'll be honest, I was blown away and a little jealous. I knew I'd never be able to approach this kind of uniqueness. I got over it a long time ago. Now I'm content with who I am and what my life is about. But I'll never forget hearing this for the first time..."

Great post! That's pretty funny. I think Kurt Cobain was 6 years out of high school when they made Nevermind.

And these are a couple songs he wrote in high school, which I always found impressive:

Torches foster the people.jpg

This guy can really write a pop song. I read somewhere that he had a job writing jingles before they made this album. Every song is so fun and catchy.

Great post, @NDR2. As a Motown fan, I love almost anything by Holland-Dozier-Holland (Supremes, Four Tops, etc.). Not to mention Stevie Wonder's brilliant 70s albums.

Here's one H-D-H made after leaving Motown:

Speaking of The Supremes, my favorite album by them is "Supremes A Go Go." I like every song on the original 12-track album. The two singles, "You Can't Hurry Love" and "Love is Like an Itching in My Heart (my favorite song by the group)," were written by Holland-Dozier-Holland. The rest of the songs on the album are covers (actually, The Supremes recorded "Put Yourself in My Place" first and the Elgins' version was the first one released), most of which were also written by Holland-Dozier-Holland; including this cover of a Martha Reeves and The Vandellas song featuring Mary Wilson on lead.

By the way, two of the albums I named before include covers of songs written by Holland-Dozier-Holland. The Smokey Robinson and The Miracles album includes a cover of "My World is Empty Without You" by The Supremes, and the Jackson 5 album includes a cover of "I'm the One You Need" by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. Also, Eddie Holland co-wrote "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" on the Temptations album, and another song on the album as well (information interesting to trivia geeks).

Thanks, NDR2. Great post :)

My personal favorite Supremes song is "Forever Came Today":

I feel like we need a favorite singles thread.

Thanks, NDR2. Great post :)

My personal favorite Supremes song is "Forever Came Today":

I feel like we need a favorite singles thread.

Yes, I like that one, too.

One piece of trivia: Even though the song was credited to the Supremes, it featured only Diana Ross with anonymous background singers instead of Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong.

Favorite singles. That can be tough - a lot to choose from.

Steel Panther - Heavy Metal Rules

There are so many reasons why I have not linked to any songs off that album here.

Going through a Zappa phase again, after a long break. I really, really got into him about 10-15 years ago. But, I will always recommend:

FreakOut!.jpg

Freak Out!

FrankZappa-AbsolutelyFree.jpg

Absolutely Free

Verve Lumpy Gravy.jpg

Lumpy Gravy

Zappamoney2.jpg

We're Only in it for the Money

Frank Zappa - Uncle Meat.jpg

Uncle Meat

Hot Rats (Frank Zappa album - cover art).jpg

Hot Rats

Frank Zappa - Burnt Weeny Sandwich.jpg

Burnt Weeny Sandwich

Frank Zappa Weasels Ripped My Flesh.jpg

Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Frank Zappa - Waka-Jawaka.jpg

Waka/Jawaka

The Grand Wazoo.jpg

The Grand Wazoo

Dark side of the moon, by PInk floyd, The only other band that comes close for me is Queen. no particular album just their catalogue.

New Threads

Top Bottom