• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let us pray for the parents of Autistic Children

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
joseph.jpg12934839_1703761209880093_86597685_n.jpg

For those of you who are Christian are who believe in prayer, let us pray for all parents of Autistic children, pray that they get whatever help and support they need and that they receive the Graces to love and accept their Autistic children and Autistic community as a whole; especially those who are Level 1 or 2 Autistic.​

Why would you especially pray for parents of level 1 or 2 autistic children? I don't like the insinuation that they are somehow more "worthy" than others. In fact, I do feel uncomfortable by the way some people on the forum seem to find ASD1 much "better" than other forms of autism. In many ways, despite most people not seeing me as being autistic at all (unless they know me very well), I relate better to ASD3 people than those not on the spectrum, and really think the current system of autism diagnosis is deeply flawed (though it always has been).

Why would you especially pray for parents of level 1 or 2 autistic children? I don't like the insinuation that they are somehow more "worthy" than others. In fact, I do feel uncomfortable by the way some people on the forum seem to find ASD1 much "better" than other forms of autism. In many ways, despite most people not seeing me as being autistic at all (unless they know me very well), I relate better to ASD3 people than those not on the spectrum, and really think the current system of autism diagnosis is deeply flawed (though it always has been).
Unfortunately the level system is designed to rate Autistic people on their negative and debilitating traits, it's flawed in many ways, (Some Level-3 Autistic people actually have better social skills than we do; they're just incapable of expressing them) but it's the best way thus far we have, to distinguish between Autistic people in regards to their debilities, without saying people are "more Autistic" if they have more negative or debilitating traits; in other words, it avoids defining Autism by only its negative aspects.

I focus on predominantly Level 1 & 2 Autistic people because, it seems that that is where the highest level of hostility lies in regards to the Autism Acceptance movement. Advancements in the Autism Acceptance will go a lot smoother and quicker in the near future, if the parents raising Level 1 & 2 Autistic children now, have a better relationship with them.

Some Level-3 Autistic people actually have better social skills than we do; they're just incapable of expressing them)

How do you know they have better social skills if they're incapable of expressing them? I'd like to see some examples of this.

New Threads

Top Bottom