• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let me introduce myself

Albert Wallner

Hi everybody!

I'm Albert and I'm 19 years old.I live in Germany and I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome about a week ago.I also have many more conditions such as depression,SAD,PTSD and more...
I always find that it is easier for me to write people than to actually talk to them which is why I decided to check out this forum. :smile:
Does anybody else feel the same way? I would love to hear from you!!! :relaxed:

Hi and Welcome Albert.

Definitely it is easier to write than talking in person or on a phone.
It gives the time to compose what you say. I find in conversation I feel pressured and don't
answer as quickly as they would like. Or trying to put the right words together to speak.
I joined this forum as soon as I was diagnosed 5 years ago and check in nightly.
I enjoy seeing and reading the different posts' topics.
I can relate to so much of the discussions and like putting in my experiences in hopes it will
relate to someone else and be helpful to them.

So read, get to know some of us that you relate with, and I look forward to seeing you post.
Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have. :D

I have depression, anxiety and PTSD also.

Hi Susan,
Thank you so much for your reply! :grinning:
I feel exactly the same way about talking to people,especially talking on the phone! Talking on the phone is an absolute nightmare for me! I'm glad someone can relate to that :relieved:

Welcome Albert,
when I saw your avatar on the thread list I thought you had a legendary haircut, turns out you have a cool hat.
I struggle in conversation too because there is so much more to pay attention to, like surroundings, body language, tone (not that I can interpret those correctly anyway) and it took me a solid year to not have shaky hands when calling my boss on the phone.
Cheers from a fellow German-speaker!

Hello Albert! Nice to meet someone of the same age & speaking the same language (you speak German, I guess?)! If you've any questions, don't mind to text me.
Greetings from Switzerland:)

Thank you simetra, Sarah S and Aspertastic7 for those nice replies and warm welcomes!!! That really means a lot to me!:relaxed:
You guys are the best! :hearteyes:

Hi and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here. It is a friendly place. Yes, totally agree about writing being way best compared to talking or phoning. I text, or email, whenever possible. For me, part of that is having slower and different processing.

We were discussing on another thread how this does have some potential advantages, in terms of the quality of our thinking at times, and it's breadth. But speed is often valued over such considerations in the NT world.

Plenty of useful information and interesting threads to read and respond to here.

:blossom::dog::sunflower::cat::blossom::sunflower::blossom::hatchingchick:

Hi Albert

welcome to af.png

Hi Albert and welcome to the forum i hope you find it as useful, supportive and friendly as i have, i finally have found my community Yay!

Welcome to autismforums.com, Albert.

I find my time invested in reading and understanding here has been invaluable. I belong. I hope you find your investment to be rewarding as well.

In addition, we all have much to learn from your experience.

Thank you for joining.

Hello Albert, and welcome. I've always done much better with writing than speaking. Even in the days before internet and cell phones I used to write letters often. Didn't get many back but I kept sending them. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom