• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Least favorite trait?

Never wanting to live on my own or preparing for it.
Along with comorbid anxiety problems.

Taking things too literally and not undestanding jokes ( subtle ones).

Not being quick off the mark is really frustrating.

- being short with loved ones because i am emotionally exhausted
- not always having the emotional energy to give my wife the attention she deserves, basically going into 'leave me alone' mode

Not being able to deal with unexpected social situations or interaction, such as surprise visits from friends or realatives (this happened this morning and I feel awful).
Not being able to do spontaneous jokes or banter, and not understanding when something is meant to be a joke or serious.
Finding it hard to join in conversations because I don't process fast enough, when the conversation is interesting and I have something to say.
Not being able to connect emotionally with people.

What is my least favorite trait ? That is easy, being a social misfit. This has held me back my whole life. At least it does not bother so much me in my old age.

But what if Bugs ARE your friends?!:eek: :ant:

My least favourite trait mmm that's difficult but probably it's being irritable when stressed.

Being an unemployed Virgin at 42 :(

When my Brother was 42 he was married with both the kids, Harvey was 7, Lauren was 4

Also, I'm too much of a "Grammar Nazi", people don't like it when I point out flaws in their grammar, your equals you're, they hate that in particular.

I hate not being able to judge how close or far away moving vehicles are, and I have been completely terrified and furious many times because I thought the drivers were going to run right into me. I've had a bad fear of having to walk around moving vehicles for years. I can't imagine living in other cultures I've read about where it's perfectly acceptable for everyone to drive like a lunatic.:coldsweat:

Not knowing when someone is joking or being serious
My tendency to procrastinate
Hypersensitive
Bad coordination
Highly anxious.

Being so aloof and withdrawn and mostly nonverbal - feeling disconnected from everyone.

New Threads

Top Bottom