• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Laughing 'Spontaneously'?

Emor

Does anyone have the same problem?
I do it all the time. No one finds it funny like I do, but I seem to just find irony or something weird in random things.
In ICT we're doing a website project and I've had to do quite a lot of research, and I often start laughing about the way Wikipedia worded something, or an article which is just extremely informal, or overly formal, and no one else can see why it's funny.
I also tend to laugh at our customs in a condescending manner. It's pretty random too.
Can anyone relate?
EMZ=]

Yeah i burst out laughing at my own thoughts spontaneously all the time - Willow can back me up on that one. :p

Yeah i burst out laughing at my own thoughts spontaneously all the time - Willow can back me up on that one. :p
Yes he does. But it's annoying when he doesn't tell me why :p

I do burst out laughing a lot, but I think the worst times are when it's something inappropriate. I laugh sometimes when people get hurt, or if I accidentally hurt someone. Which is terrible, I know, but I can't help it. Until they get mad at me for laughing, then I'd just rather cry. I can't stand people being mad with me.

Ohhh, I got into so much trouble in primary school for laughing at things that weren't funny. (Well, it wasn't that they weren't funny, just that laughing was impolite, or otherwise induced the impression that i highly approved of the misfortune that just took place.) :D

Sometimes I laugh at things and then get really pissed off at myself for laughing at them, but it's generally because the joke was stupid or making fun out of a minority joke(idk why but if it's racist or homophobic I have a big problem, but if someone's taking the mick out of disabilities or w.e I tend to not have as much of a problem, and sometimes even laugh, and it's just stupid considering I'd be so pissed off if they were talking about AS or w.e).
When it comes to people falling over or something I remain indifferent(unless it looked like it really hurt, then I might feel a bit sad for them).
I only really got in a lot of trouble when I had to do a speech in English back in Year 8 where I couldn't stop laughing. It seriously did seem like I was intoxicated I was laughing so much o_O. And I laughed at everyone else's. And I laughed at the people forcing themselves to laugh at mine. Etc. o_O.
EMZ=]

I get to a point where I can't stop laughing, and then everything just seems funny to me. It takes me a while to calm down. My Mum once opened the Fridge door instead of the freezer one and hit herself in the head (it sounds stupid, but with our fridge/freezer, it's easily done) and anyway, I didn't stop laughing for SO long.

New Threads

Top Bottom