• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

The Royal Scam album cover.jpg

Frank Zappa - Cruising With Ruben & the Jets.jpg

Cruising with Ruben and the Jets - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention

Last edited:
MeatLight.jpg

Meat Light - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention (Uncle Meat and related outtakes)

Listening to the outtakes and the original album sequence. I've always loved this LP for the mix of r&b, rock, jazz, and (contemporary) classical influences. I can't think of anyone else who would blend 50s rock with Elliott Carter. Also, the dialogue bits between songs are fun. The recording of a band argument over pay and how many gigs they've been playing is one of my favorite moments on a Zappa album. He was such a genius at composing, whether on paper* or with a razor blade: editing tape from all kinds of sources, whether here or in something more frenetic, like Lumpy Gravy.

*I've read that he would basically write music on paper as he heard it in his head, instead of necessarily sitting down with an instrument.

New Threads

Top Bottom