• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Knowing Why: Adult-Diagnosed Autistic People on Life and Autism

Knowing Why: Adult-Diagnosed Autistic People on Life and Autism 2021-02-09

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
VictorR submitted a new resource:

Knowing Why: Adult-Diagnosed Autistic People on Life and Autism - Anthology of 9 essays from diverse adult-diagnosed autistics

What happens when you make it to adulthood before finding out you're autistic?

As A.J. Odasso writes in this anthology: “You spend a lot of time wondering what’s wrong without ever knowing why.”

This anthology includes essays from a diverse group of adult-diagnosed autistic people. Our essays reflect the value of knowing why—why we are different from so many other people, why it can be so hard to do things others can take for granted, and why there is often such a mismatch between...

Read more about this resource...

This is the first anthology I've read - I picked it because it's recent, though there are others like Spectrum Women that I'd like to read and review later.

It certainly does not disappoint. The stories come from a number of countries and backgrounds and really complement each other in showing that despite our differences, we are all autistic. As noted in my star rating review itself, many of the stories are interesting and unique enough that I think they would do well as full books on their own.

I look forward both to more anthologies, but also to ASAN's other publications. I also ended up joining an ASAN affiliate after reading this as I appreciate their efforts in what they do.

Random comment:
To be honest, I can't help but wonder if this book might perform better commercially (it has a very low Amazon ranking) had they chosen to go with JKP or another established publisher.

I also greatly appreciated this book. I did notice it's much more expensive in print than in ebook version. You're right, it definitely deserves a better rating!

New Threads

Top Bottom