• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just took the AQ test

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
My score was a 44 I am still not understanding what that means literally or how that type of score would/does affect my life now.

My score was a 44 I am still not understanding what that means literally or how that type of score would/does affect my life now.

It's just a test. Not a diagnosis. There's nothing "literal" about it. Think of it as a benchmark. One of many that indicate a possibility of being on the spectrum of autism.

But yeah- I believe a 44 score is significant at least with this crowd.

Last edited:
As @Judge said,...it's just a test, not a diagnosis. That said, it was one of my triggers to actually seek out a professional and start doing some of my own research on autism. The score, in and of itself, shouldn't change or affect your life. The diagnosis though,...sometimes the testing may give you better insights into how you compare to the norm in several different areas. It gave me a more objective view of where my strengths and weaknesses were,...rather than my subjective view,...which was wrong in some cases. Autism is covered under the umbrella of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and with that, does provide some degree of legal accommodations and employment protections. I know there are several who are perfectly OK with their "self diagnosis" for one reason or another,...often financial or accessibility,...but with regards to any potential employment or legal issues that you may experience,...you really need that professional diagnosis. Mentally, I am far more accepting of myself and my diagnosis,...beforehand, I was kind of beating myself up all the time for all my social difficulties and "faux pas". I am more content now that my life now makes better sense.

I already have the professional diagnosis but the reason I took the test is to get a clearer picture on my condition and how it affects me in life so I was trying to find a black/white picture of what the scores mean. Half the things people have posted in this thread I still don't understand the relevance so that must mean the score must indicate something more than just the number 44.

My score is 38.
The higher the number just means you have more traits for Asperger's.
32+ is a marker that you probably are.
You made the score, so did I. Our tribe here!

I'll take a dragon tatoo, thank you.
Interpreting Aspergers AQ Test Score - Aspergers Test Site

Thank you for this I know can look at the things and see if I am able to do them.

For example are people who have scores high like mine mean it's rare for me to be able to maintain employment or if I qualify for any other help in life.

I took the test again and got a score of 37 out of 50.
I used this version of the test Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)
The result I got included this
Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Autistic traits (Autism).

Again the test is indicative and not exact

took the other test and this was my score

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 81 of 200
You have both broader autism cluster and neurotypical traits

I got a 39 on that one. @tree turned me on to another one that produces a circular graph I still dont quite understand. It had 120 questions randomized from a much longer list

The Aspie Quiz | Embrace Autism
SmartSelect_20210806-115709_Chrome.jpg

I've taken this test several times and the score really just depends on the way I interpret some of the questions, which seems to depend on my mood.

But, while the details are different, and the scores are different, the areas that "define" my traits are the same. I am always high aspie in perception, mid in relationships, communication and talents. Since I like graphs, I like this quiz very much.

Your broader autism cluster (Aspie) score: 145 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 70 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
poly10a.php.png

New Threads

Top Bottom