• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just To Start Things Off (calling all girls)

Me too, good at mimicking people and my husband recently said I should be careful, because it could come across as though I am mocking someone! The thing is, it is so natural to do, when I like a character.
Agreed. I’ve also had this pointed out to me too and warned to be careful because I may be offending someone if I copy them outright. But it’s really useful to be able to observe how someone acts and try to adapt it in similar situation.

Yo!

I'm really glad there's a section for girls here because I actually don't know a single other girl with Aspergers and it does make me feel a tad lonely and isolated sometimes :/

Hmm, I don't really know what else to say... :D
I feel the same as , we seem to be very rare ... I find it almost impossible to keep friendships with girls who aren't on the spectrum.. it would be nicer if there were some more girls around who understood us more . . It is very isolating feeling lonely

Agreed. I’ve also had this pointed out to me too and warned to be careful because I may be offending someone if I copy them outright. But it’s really useful to be able to observe how someone acts and try to adapt it in similar situation.
I guess this shouldn't be a surprise, since we are mostly all on the spectrum, but yep, I like to observe as well, so that I can learn social behaviour and it is a real big annoyance to me, when I can't and thus, feel that I am blind to what goes on with "normal" people.

I tend to mimic ones I really like.

I feel the same as , we seem to be very rare ... I find it almost impossible to keep friendships with girls who aren't on the spectrum.. it would be nicer if there were some more girls around who understood us more . . It is very isolating feeling lonely
There seems to be a preoccupation that ASD is still only affects men and so any woman who may be on the spectrum is not obvious and can often miss out on diagnosis. I was diagnosed as a teenager and only met guys in the special support group. It was very isolating, and it Wasn’t until I went to uni that this changed. I met 3! Feeling understood, no longer as alone or the only one is so important. it was nice!

Diagnosis in females tends to happen much later than in males. Partially because of a biased diagnosis model, different presentation, and different expectations of male vs. female behaviours in children.

Females often learn to mask at a very early age and present a facade that is more 'normal'.

Identification of females on the spectrum has improved dramatically over the last decade going from 1 in 10 to 1 in 4, but research is pointing to a ratio that is closer to 1 in 2 or 1 to 1 when an accurate information is taken into account.

Identification of females on the spectrum has improved dramatically over the last decade going from 1 in 10 to 1 in 4, but research is pointing to a ratio that is closer to 1 in 2 or 1 to 1 when an accurate information is taken into account.
I've searched this research before but couldn't find it. My googling isn't being successful. Do you know the name of the articles perhaps?

It’s nice to see this thread. I do sometimes feel alone because I don’t know a lot of girls who have autism. I learned it’s more common for boys to have autism than girls when I was diagnosed. I also learned that girls tend to blend in more by adapting to their surroundings which can make it harder for girls to get diagnosed.

I never got a rose on Valentine's day, not cause I'm ugly but because my masking was skew, so I was rejected.
One day I found this song from Linkin park, called numb and music video is me at school, exactly. I left, went to college and hung out with misfits to my parents discontent. But I was happy.
I don't know why I always need approval and never feel loved, is it because I never got a rose

I am male but I really think the numbers are equal.

So many women and girls set off my autiedar!

In fact I have more ASD women than men in my life.

Disorderology isn’t accurate. Girls just hide/mask more because the world forces them to.

Sorry for responding while male! I just want you to have many wonderful relationships with other ASD girls/women! Keep an eye out!

Diagnosis in females tends to happen much later than in males. Partially because of a biased diagnosis model, different presentation, and different expectations of male vs. female behaviours in children.

Females often learn to mask at a very early age and present a facade that is more 'normal'.

Strange how cosmic consciousness works (never really believed this, figured internet is just bought by big business) so saying how as aspire female I struggled to play with my kids, my Mom used to play peek a boo, I see you.
Next autism readup was how to diagnose babies even younger, men blatantly don't want women to have any power (at anything) not even if our power is not to act like men and be butch but to harness power in female goddess temples.
This one bozo can't get it, I don't like hairy cavemen, I resent oppression, I'm sorry but I don't find your Mucho tactics attractive, actually the exact opposite.

I am male but I really think the numbers are equal.

So many women and girls set off my autiedar!

In fact I have more ASD women than men in my life.

Disorderology isn’t accurate. Girls just hide/mask more because the world forces them to.

Sorry for responding while male! I just want you to have many wonderful relationships with other ASD girls/women! Keep an eye out!
Autiedar... Is this what's it is called? And sometimes it just freezes the whole body. And I can't move and force to call 911. Thx

Autiedar... Is this what's it is called? And sometimes it just freezes the whole body. And I can't move and force to call 911. Thx
I jokingly call it autiedar when I meet people who are like me in that way. I am highly tuned to people who are on the spectrum.

I rarely make friends with NT people.

I'm an autistic girl/woman and it does not mean I am incompetent.
I struggle in areas though especially without support.
I often need someone else to make decisions for me especially when I am most vulnerable because I can put myself in the worst situations and then not react well to them.
I do not like being taken advantage of or a lot of conflict.
I am hypersensitive to most things, food, emotions, criticism and I want people especially woman to be nice to me.
I am affectionate and like a lot of love most of the time but I can get overwhelmed and sick of it at times too.
Like I need space at times too.
I like earring beautiful clothes but also comfortable clothes.
I love just cuddling up and reading a book.
I think I like going out sometimes but also I love home.
I live just having fun with people and do not like always talking about my talents ot getting attention on them, sometimes it is a bit awkward and makes me feel different.
I just like people who get me who I can have fun with.
I need compassion and gentleness shown towards me.
Sometimes I like a bit of a challenge but for me nothing too nasty or hurtful.
I love being a girl/woman and my beauty and feminity is one of my most happiest places. I lobe everything feminine and girly
I want a man who is compassionate but looks out for me and enjoys creativity and music too and loves my faith and can see how it fills me.
And is at least interested in faith and a higher power.
And is proud of me.
And loves my beauty too. And loves to see me dress up and compliments me.
And takes care of himself
And is not perfect but just does is best
If he has some bad quirks or traits then just owns them and knows that I will love them and try to live with them as long as they try to be a good hearted soul

I suppose if there's a girls section I may as well ask, does anybody else struggle with sexual attraction? As in, having none, or seemingly none at all, but still want to have a relationship? And how does one find a partner to connect with as an Aspie? Thanks
I often wonder whether I am really into it as well
I am not sure yet
I think I want to have a relationship but I get scared I am not really into sex and I just fake it because it us the done thing.
Not sure u just feel like I do not want to be lonely the rest of my life.

New Threads

Top Bottom