• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just A Question (Am In UK).

Captain Caveman

V.I.P Member
I was assessed a few months ago. What happens next? Am I supposed to "Do" anything? (Just checking incase I am).

Last edited:
I was assessed a few months ago. What happens next? Am I supposed to "Do" anything? (Just checking incase I am).
I can't advise specifically, however, if you are dealing with the NHS things can move slowly or they just hit a dead end. I have no experience specifically with ASD assessments, but I would suggest talking to your GP if you were assessed via the NHS to see if you can get the ball rolling.

I have been assessed for other things, and usually there is some follow up at some point to see if you want or need some support. That was in the relatively "good old days" before the NHS was in crisis. From my own experience, sometimes things are supposed to happen that just never do and I have to shake things up a little so to speak and make some calls to get the ball rolling again.

I was told months ago I'd be referred somewhere and to expect a call within a month. That was 6 months ago, so I need to give things a gentle push again it seems.

It seems to me that it would be a little silly to go through an assessment and for them not to follow up, whatever the outcome. Chalk it up to underfunding and neglect. Maybe give it until next week then contact the relevant people to get things moving again is my advice :)

I got diagnosed with apergers and got a letter about a group education thing on autism which I missed. Then it kind of petered out until I had a public meldown and then got a community connector and autism support worker

How you got a diagnosis?

I was diagnosed and then nothing. You might want to check with third sector organisations if there is some follow up to late diagnosed folks.

New Threads

Top Bottom