• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Job searching during the covid-19 pandemic

Andrew206

I’d like to tell you about my own experience searching for work during the pandemic. I’ve been applying to numerous roles, including office work. Many employers have been slow to respond or don’t respond at all. I’m working with Vocational Rehabilitation; however most of the staff is working remotely.

What have your experiences been searching for work during this pandemic? Are you currently working with Vocational Rehabilitation to help you find work?

I'm job hunting at the moment, my previous contract ended the same month as social distancing measured where brought in here (UK), talk about bad timing! The job market in my field (ecology) has completely dried up since then. Spring is normally the time when a lot of short term ecology jobs become available but over the past few months bared half a dozen jobs have been advertised when normally there would be dozens of new jobs listed every week. I'm just hoping that now social distancing measured are relaxing more jobs will start to become available.

New Threads

Top Bottom