• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

jail or the streets?

jail or the streets?

• jail

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • the streets, long as I have money for food and California weather

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • the streets, even if hungry on occasions, but not starving, and even if it's cold, not freezing.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

alien girl

if you had to choose between six months in jail with white-collar, non-violent criminals, no violence from staff, good food and medical care available, but NOT free to walk in the building freely, locked in a cell, allowed one hour a day in the yard.

and the streets in California weather, with enough money to buy food and a free hospital nearby, six months. can sleep on a park bench or in the woods. what would you prefer?

i'd take the streets, in a heartbeat. even if i was hungry and it was cold, as long as not cold enough to freeze to death, and as long as I wouldnt completely starve, hungry but not to the extreme.

Sorry, can't give you a conditional response to that.

That sort of failure is not an option for me. I'll spare you the details.

Jail. I live in California, in an area with lots and lots of homeless, and that is enough to convince me that the homeless option is not a good one.
Not much freedom in either option, really. But mental freedom can't be taken away. At least I wouldn't get horrible sunburned in jail. I hate the California sun.

Having been on the streets for a long time, I'd definitely take the streets over jail, as long as I have a warm sleeping bag.

I have a house now, to be clear.

I'll take my chances with the coyotes and squirrels in the woods. I've nestled up in leaves before and it shouldn't be that difficult to find a library that'd let me brush up on survival skills and what things I can eat in the wild. Jail? I'd go more insane than I am already! I don't do well boxed up and caged away.

I'll take my chances with the coyotes and squirrels in the woods. I've nestled up in leaves before and it shouldn't be that difficult to find a library that'd let me brush up on survival skills and what things I can eat in the wild. Jail? I'd go more insane than I am already! I don't do well boxed up and caged away.

I'm not sure I'm completely sane either.

Definitely jail. I can learn how to commit lucrative crimes in a mere 180 hours. :D

I'll choose jail. Have lived rough before and I've also been locked up a few times.

Living rough is ok when you're a kid but at least in jail you get a bed, shower, tv and three meals a day. The company's not too bad either.

I'm pretty easy going anyway, so six months wouldn't bother me that much.

I don't mind living in the wild as long as I've got a tent, a kettle and a camping stove. Oh, and a sleeping bag wouldn't go amiss either.

Under those circumstances then I would choose to sleep rough, but I'd call that camping.

You sound like the perfect post-apocolypse surviver.. (non zombie-fodder) bit of a.. hobby of mine.. more respect, Dudess!

Note: Does this make me seem weird?
Feedback welcome! :D

You sound like the perfect post-apocolypse surviver.. (non zombie-fodder) bit of a.. hobby of mine.. more respect, Dudess!

Note: Does this make me seem weird?
Feedback welcome! :D

Personally, I don't often think about zombies, but that doesn't mean that you're weird.

Jail. I tend to stay in the same room for long periods of time anyway. I wonder if they'd let me bring my laptop, even without Internet.

I'm going on a limb here and it would take about a day before I end in jail if I were in the streets.. and another day to be in solitairy, lol.

The upside of solitary probably is that you can drop the soap...

So actually.. I guess I'd have the total package and be that kind of hobo globetrotter among the choices.

New Threads

Top Bottom