• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've never worked a day in my life

Bronzelincolns

I have recently realized this. Yes, I do have a job, but it's a dead end job that amounts to nothing.

Work is about moving something forward toward a goal. I have never done this. I am totally a sloth.

I play video games a lot. Maybe more than I should but that's my thing.

So yeah .. Hey.

upload_2018-8-5_19-40-5.png

Hey.

Life goals are not required. I'm not goal oriented, never have been. Not competitive either. Don't like sports. I am who I am, and so are you. You know what everyone else can do.

I have worked myself to near death almost every day of my life (since about age 14).

Nothing wrong with being a sloth :) but I know what you mean. I'm kinda the same way and currently trying to do something about it.

Last edited:
I've worked a lot of part-time and odds and ends type jobs all my life that were just nothing but fill ins.
The only career type work was the pharmaceutals company. It had benefits and all the normal
real job assets. But, that didn't go to full fruition because my health started interferring so I retired early
on disability. Now that gives me not even enough each month to really survive. And foolishly didn't
save anything for like now when I need it.

So Welcome Bronzelincolns. :D

I have recently realized this. Yes, I do have a job, but it's a dead end job that amounts to nothing.

Work is about moving something forward toward a goal. I have never done this. I am totally a sloth.

I play video games a lot. Maybe more than I should but that's my thing.

So yeah .. Hey.

Welcome to the forum! If it's any consolation working hard towards something doesn't always have clear results either... You can work like a dog and find no obvious benefit from your efforts, just more expectations and stress.

Welcome to the forum! If it's any consolation working hard towards something doesn't always have clear results either... You can work like a dog and find no obvious benefit from your efforts, just more expectations and stress.
Propianotuner?
I know you from the HighIQ Forum! You were a well-known member.
I used to be a member there but one day the forum was gone. Do you know what happened to it? And would you happen to know where Moloch went and that 50 year old autism guy? (I don't remember his forum name anymore, I think it was Marom?)

Last edited:
Propianotuner?
I know you from the HighIQ Forum! You were a well-known member.
I used to be a member there but one day the forum was gone.

That's cool. Yeah, I enjoyed nerding out with people there too. Here I've been posting similar academically oriented stuff.

Do you know what happened to it?

No clue. Wish I could tell you. At one point I moderated there, but I gave up on that and later left the forum. Sometimes I would take a gander at the site again and then suddenly it went down.

And would you happen to know where Moloch went and that 50 year old autism guy? (I don't remember his forum name anymore, I think it was Marom?)

Yeah, I've no idea what happened to Moloch or Marom either. I'm not the only one who migrated over here but I'll let them identify themselves if they're comfortable.

That's cool. Yeah, I enjoyed nerding out with people there too. Here I've been posting similar academically oriented stuff.

No clue. Wish I could tell you. At one point I moderated there, but I gave up on that and later left the forum. Sometimes I would take a gander at the site again and then suddenly it went down.

Yeah, I've no idea what happened to Moloch or Marom either. I'm not the only one who migrated over here but I'll let them identify themselves if they're comfortable.

It is nice to meet you. I once said on the HiQ forum that it was unfortunate that you weren't active on that forum anymore because I would've liked to know you.

I remember reading a post you wrote where you mentioned how you took a hypothetical crap on a test your therapist made you do. The test was to say the opposite of what your therapist said and had the purpose to show your intelligence. He wanted to catch you off guard and make you fail and said as last word "hierarchy" and you said "absolute monarchy". I just realized I didn't even know I remembered your post, I only read it once almost a year ago haha.

It is nice to meet you. I once said on the HiQ forum that it was unfortunate that you weren't active on that forum anymore because I would've liked to know you.

I remember reading a post you wrote where you mentioned how you took a hypothetical crap on a test your therapist made you do. The test was to say the opposite of what your therapist said and had the purpose to show your intelligence. He wanted to catch you off guard and make you fail and said as last word "hierarchy" and you said "absolute monarchy". I just realized I didn't even know I remembered your post, I only read it once almost a year ago haha.

Would crapping on a psych test constitute a Rorschac (no idea how to spell that) ink blot test for the shrink? Just asking for a friend....

New Threads

Top Bottom