• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've found my people

Great to have another weeb/furry on board!

Also love Chubbyemu and Muta. I'm not sure how Chubbyemu makes "guy eats too much of common substance" entertaining over and over, but somehow he does. And Muta's just a decent guy. I'm not even interested in most of his topics, I just like listening to him.
Chubbyemu masters repetition. I never get bored. As for Muta, I love his content, but I started liking it more simply because of his nature and personality! I have to agree there! It started with his original Deep Web browsing videos then I subscribed because of his personality

Welcome Hannibal!

Another fan of Hannibal here. Simply irresistable. :D
House, too!

Very nice art work. I enjoy oils, and mixed medias.
Many years ago in college, I did a lot of graphites.
Your name made me think of a series I made called Norman's closet.
View attachment 68087
View attachment 68088
View attachment 68089
Thanks so much! I love graphite and pencil work. It's probably my favorite. Something about it is so elegant and soothing. Fantastic work, thanks for sharing it!

Very impressive works! Real talent there. As a dog lover, the Pit is of course adorable. I tend to like realism most in art but think the tiger is just amazing. The smoke is a wonderful effect and the whole really catches the imagination.

So welcome to the Emerald Planet. Don't forget to put in your order for your spectral helmet.

View attachment 68093

;)
I appreciate your kindness. Order is already in!

Don't watch the perversion parts in any media ,did like Sherlock Holmes (investigation without seeing blood or mutilation )like some parts of Victoriana, don't like conventions ,watched House m.d for a while ,prefer comedy ,like some of Ripping Yarns, not a fan of all of Monty python,watch YouTube and Facebook videos,a lot of autistic people are very passionate and they defend what they believe !.
I was obsessed with House M.D. for quite some time. That's something I admire about people like us. The passion is special

Hello and welcome! My research into autism felt very similar- spent life thinking I was just "wrong" somehow and then BAM, everything made sense and I wasn't alone anymore.

Anime is one of my obsessions too, and while I've never been to a convention due to anxiety it's something I would really love to do when Covid restrictions lift and cases drop. I've taken up sewing recently, and it's a dream to make my own costumes.

My education is primarily in Archaeology but I love Psychology, and am really considering doing a double degree (in completely unrelated fields but oh well).

Hope you find a strong community here!
Thanks so much. We sound pretty similar. Conventions can be a hassle... it may be best to have someone accompany you your first time if you can. I think you'll find you love it in the end. Sewing is a hobby / job I've also recently taken up! Very coincidental! Do you mean making cosplay costumes or just general costumes?

I was medically diagnosed May 27th, a day after my birthday, just a week ago. I'm still quite young, however I spent my childhood and adolescence believing I was defunct, bad, unrelatable, and that something was wrong with me. I know now that that's not the case.

Because of my differences I've always had an incredibly difficult time making friends. I decided to research autism forums and blogs after my diagnosis in hopes of finding an active community I could interact with. I'm very lucky to have the Internet at my disposal and don't know where I'd be without it.

I'm a professional artist, cook, have an extended education in psychology... and I'm a bit of a "weeb" (anime, furries, convention lover, all things odd). I hope to meet some kind people here!
Welcome. There are lots of us very interesting people on here hahahah @ me Big head.
I grew up thinking I was weird, I hid my traits, so much so that I lost who I was and got Borderline Personality disorder which comprises of identity troubles, I used to "be like" whoever I was with as I hid my "Shameful" traits, not realising these were gifts.

I always had a hippy streak but that was not normal, so it was only when I moved to a more hippy part of the country and met some non Aspies unusual people I started to be myself but I still tried to be like them even.

I've had my diagnosis nearly a year, and it's only now I am unapologetically being myself, if I could see my 54 year old self as a kid I would think "What a freaky old bag with weird unfashionable clothes", but I am perfectly happy with how I dress now. I am on a path towards becoming a badass.

Looks are not everything though.
The only thing that pisses me off about myself is the effects of past errors on others, and my difficulty in learning from mistakes, but I do have ADHD and ADHD people struggle to learn from mistakes, ADHD is more debilitating to me than AS.

PS I love art as well. I didn't know I was good enough at it until I went to evening class and read an art book in my 30's. I am great at painting as I mix colours well, and drawing, I should get back into it, I am hopefully joining an art class.

Undertale was freaking great. Chara is one of my cosplays, actually, which I admit was mostly because it was super easy to do due to my appearance (aka, I barely had to do anything to make it work, yay for laziness). Dont Starve is also great! Very bloody hard and I just adore that artstyle and all of the characters. I really wish they hadnt branched stuff off into Dont Starve Together though... there's a ton of content and also story stuff that only shows up in that one, and there's no point in playing that one as a solo player. Little Nightmares I havent played yet, I just got a copy of it a day or two ago. I dont really play AAA games much... after finding the indie side of the industry (and after the AAA companies started to get nasty) I just have not had much interest... but I did actually play Destiny a bit and it was pretty good (though I'm fantastically awful at FPS games).

Lately though it's mostly been Binding of Isaac, since the Repentance DLC finally dropped. Not only my favorite game, but also the one that pulled me into indies in general. And then Repentance took every issue I had with it and fixed all of it. Bloody amazing.

Honestly I could rant for like 20 pages about so many games. I rather suspect you could as well. Also I dont hesitate to admit that I'm a big FNAF fan. Just wish the fandom for it wasnt so... well... you know. Though, I guess the Undertale fandom is often not much better. Well, ANY big fandom, really. They always get a tad weird/intense.

Ooh, Chubbyemu's stuff is great. I dont even have any real interest in medical stuff... mostly goes over my head... but his videos are just so darned interesting. He's one of the very few Youtubers whose videos I will immediately watch as soon as I see that one came out. Sorta familiar with Nexpo and MamaMax.

When it comes to gaming-related channels, I watch a lot of Markiplier, Manlybadasshero, Deceased Crab, and One F Jef. Also Alpha Beta Gamer for non-commentary videos. Also Jim Sterling, I catch the weekly Jimquisition series every Monday. AVGN as well, been watching his stuff for... far too long.

As for everything else, I tend to gravitate towards horror stuff or anything creepy (well, I go for that with the gaming content a lot too). Night Mind being the best for that, particularly for making series like Marble Hornets actually freaking watchable... love that series but it's a total mess when watched normally. And there are quite a few channels, particularly in the horror category, that arent really normal channels at all, but that instead exist purely for ONE series (as in, that series is the only thing on them). Some favorites in that category are: AI Builds, Daisy Brown, Alan Tutorial, Anomalies, Louise Paxton, I Am Sophie, Hi Im Mary Mary, Dont Hug Me I'm Scared, and a couple of others I cant remember the name of. Also anything related to the SCP Foundation. HUGE SCP fan.

And then a LOT of stand-alone favorites. #1 of which is This House Has People In It, that is a freaking masterpiece. I've seen a lot of horror stuff, but none are like THAT. Makes zero bloody sense when watching at first though... I wont spoil that one but there's waaaayyyyyy more to it than that one video.

Lastly, a few comedy-focused channels. ProZD, CircleToons, Fire Department Chronicles, and Angry Cops. Found those last two very recently, omigod those are absolutely hilarious.

Yeah... I've a LOT of free time so there's plenty of time for too much Youtube.

Indeed, those are all my creations. I've discovered that there's quite a few fractal-focused artists on DA there. The real problem with fractal art though and why it's not bigger than it is, is the general lack of tutorials for a bunch of programs that dont at all explain themselves. One look at the interface for any fractal program is enough to put off most users; it's always this complex tangle of buttons and parameter fields and seperate windows and things that do who knows what. I use about 9 seperate programs to make these things, each is good at different things, and each has its own screwball learning curve. I always try to get people interested, to try it themselves... it's intimidating stuff but it's seriously not as brutally difficult to learn as it looks. Even the 3D stuff.

I must say, you are VERY talented at that. I'm trying to learn to draw/paint myself as well... slowly... but the only thing I know how to do is abstract weirdness. Stuff like what you posted there is incredibly impressive to me. How did you learn to do that stuff?

You should totally make a topic about it over on the Visual Arts section of the forum, and post a bunch of your creations there!

Thanks, glad you liked them! Void Tangle was extremely difficult to make, took bloody forever.

Some of these things are based on the Mandelbrot set (or the corresponding Julia sets), others are flame fractals (whatever that means), and the 3D ones are all Mandelbulbs. The stringy sorts (like Clash) are not pure fractals, they're... er... something. Fractal-ish. They're made with a program called Amberlight 2.
I don't blame you with not playing AAA games. I've drifted from them quite a bit. The toxicity surrounding them is overwhelming. I don't need to elaborate, I know you know what I mean.

I have heard a LOT about the Binding of Isaac but never really knew what it was about or why it's such a heavily played game. If you'd like to explain it feel free to! If you recommend it I'll add it to my games I plan on buying on Steam once I get my new computers set up.

I've watched a little bit from Night Mind but prefer Reign Bot and Nexpo. Very similar content, just different styles of editing, presentation, and voicing! Creepy / horror themes have to be my favorite on YouTube. Strange ARGs are a huge interest of mine too. I've thought of creating one myself, actually. I almost mentioned FNAF in my previous reply but didn't because of the fandom haha. I didn't know if it was worth explaining myself. I loved playing the FNAF games myself and the lore was fun. The fandom, however... I chose not to become involved in, and I USUALLY do become involved in fandoms. This was a special case though lol.

Undertale is / was similar however I don't think it's as bad. It was tolerable and even fun to an extent. I've been involved with fandoms of all different kinds... some are tame, some are wild. I'm sure you've been around the block a few times.

My artistic abilities are a natural talent that I improved upon quickly due to my perfectionistic nature. I'm very hard on myself. Discipline usually helps though, at least skill wise, and you can advance using your own discretion and desire to be better. My mom is an artist as well, however she specializes in abstract art, not the same kind of art I do or you do. I've considered doing painting videos and voicing over them about true crime, psychology, horror stories, and all those things I'm interested in. Someone once told me to call it Painting and Profiling. I don't think it's a half bad idea. Thank you!

Thanks so much. We sound pretty similar. Conventions can be a hassle... it may be best to have someone accompany you your first time if you can. I think you'll find you love it in the end. Sewing is a hobby / job I've also recently taken up! Very coincidental! Do you mean making cosplay costumes or just general costumes?

I am wanting to make cosplay costumes, but also am wanting to make my own clothes as I only like certain fabrics, styles etc and it's just a hassle trying to find clothes that tick all my boxes. Cosplays I'd really love to do are Kikyo and Kagura from Inuyasha, Kaneki (especially the mask!) from Tokyo Ghoul, and tons more but those are the ones I'm dreaming about!

I have heard a LOT about the Binding of Isaac but never really knew what it was about or why it's such a heavily played game. If you'd like to explain it feel free to! If you recommend it I'll add it to my games I plan on buying on Steam once I get my new computers set up.

Well, let's see here...

If you're at all familiar with roguelikes, Isaac is part that, and part sorta-old-Zelda-kinda. If you're not familiar with roguelikes: The idea is that everything changes between runs... you dont know how the levels will be shaped, what items you will find, which enemies will appear... and there's permadeath, so when you die, that's it... dead. No extra lives (unless you've found one of the very few specific items that grants one) and no continues. Game over, and you lose everything. Start from scratch. Except for unlocks; if you've completed an achievement that unlocks some new bit of content, an item or character or whatever, that content is always available from then on. Of course, whether that bit of content will actually show up is another matter.

Outside of the roguelike formula, it plays a bit like the original Zelda, except that you fire shots (which are tears in this) at foes instead of swinging a sword. It's a twin-stick game, so you'll move and shoot in different directions. Just like in Zelda's old dungeons, each floor has a treasure room with some loopy item in it (and there are certainly other ways to get items too), and certain other things that always show like a shop and a boss room, and sometimes weird special rooms like the sacrifice chamber or dice rooms. Like in Zelda you also have money, keys, and bombs, and there are even things like secret rooms you can find. And you have an active item as well, usable whenever it is charged. So, explore each floor, find items, power up, defeat the increasingly hard bosses, and so on.

One of the things that makes the game really shine though is the synergies. Items combine into all sorts of wild combinations. For instance, there's an item that causes you to have homing shots. There's another item that replaces your normal shooting with this huge deathray. If you have both at once, you get a deathray that twists all over the place to hit many targets at once. That's an example of a very simple synergy... and these arent just really specific hard-coded things either. The game is known for all of the seriously wild builds you can have, doing crazy things due to some odd combination of items. Of course, just because it's a crazy build doesnt mean it's a GOOD build. A bad synergy could get you killed. Unlike a lot of traditional games, just because an item shows up doesnt necessarily mean you should grab it. A big part of a game like this is making careful decisions about what to take and what not to take, among all sorts of other choices you need to make. There's a lot of tough decisions overall, and a lot of chances to min-max and such. But also, to get anywhere, you have to be willing to experiment. Learn to work with the items you get in a run, instead of mourning the ones you arent finding. Luck is not what determines victory or defeat.

In addition, there's an absolutely stupid amount of content. In its complete form... with all 3 expansions... there are over 700 different items (major items that is... that's not counting things like consumables), over 100 bosses (including multiple final bosses and paths, and also that's not counting boss variants), some baffling number of endings (I think it's like 30?) boatloads of enemies... it's a big, big, BIG game.

Also, mod support. If you have the Afterbirth+ expansion. Lots of amazing mods out there. Particularly the one that just describes items you're standing next to... the game doesnt like to explain itself (a frequent issue in the genre) so that prevents frustration. Other mods might do all sorts of bonkers things.

If you were to get this though, DEFINITELY get all 3 expansions along with it. The third one, Repentance... which released very recently... totally overhauled the balance of the entire game, fixing a TON of problems it had before, Afterbirth+ adds mods and content, and Afterbirth is just a giant amount of content. Starting with just the base game and adding those on later will inevitably cause problems.

There's a lot of story & lore stuff with this one too. The game sets up its opening premise pretty well, but suffice it to say, the full story doesnt go where it seems like it will.

Note that all of this is related to "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", NOT the original Flash game, merely called "The Binding of Isaac". Both are on Steam, so that can be mildly confusing to new players.

And do I recommend it? Well, I'll put it this way, it got me into indies, the roguelike genre, and ended up being a huge inspiration for the game development stuff that I've personally done... without Isaac the game I worked on would not exist. I cant praise this game enough. I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, and I was born in the early 80s... even after so very, very many games, Isaac is still in my top 3, period. It really did have a LOT of screwball issues before Repentance though. Still loved it, but the difference really is night and day. To say that it had balance problems before that DLC is a massive understatement.

Yeesh, I could talk about this game all day.

I almost mentioned FNAF in my previous reply but didn't because of the fandom haha. I didn't know if it was worth explaining myself. I loved playing the FNAF games myself and the lore was fun. The fandom, however... I chose not to become involved in, and I USUALLY do become involved in fandoms. This was a special case though lol.

Yeah, I think a lot of the more "normal" fans will tend to avoid mentioning that they are fans to people, because the OTHER fans are just that freaking strange and disturbing. It's almost as bad as the Sonic fandom. Almost.

I'm amazed how long FNAF has lasted. I thought it'd be a flash in the pan, but it's been, what, seven years? It's also amazing that the fandom can live without the frontal lobe, you know? But hey, at least it isn't Gacha Life.

It's crazy how far some people have taken it. I remember when I was younger YouTubers were talking about 4/20 (for non-fans, that's surviving the four animatronics on the highest custom difficulty) like it was the hardest thing in the world, and it sure looked like it. Now, I just got recommended a guy beating 50/20 and a game of Bloons Tower Defense 6 (with the popping sounds on) at the same time!

I am wanting to make cosplay costumes, but also am wanting to make my own clothes as I only like certain fabrics, styles etc and it's just a hassle trying to find clothes that tick all my boxes. Cosplays I'd really love to do are Kikyo and Kagura from Inuyasha, Kaneki (especially the mask!) from Tokyo Ghoul, and tons more but those are the ones I'm dreaming about!
Try and get the golden rule manufactured by lutterloh, you get a large shaped perspex ruler, instructions, drawing pins and a pattern booklet if you buy a package ,you can get older ones on eBay it's not £40-50 ($65-75) but more than that ,you make clothes tailored to you.

Hello Hannibal! :) Nice to meet you.

Welcome to the forums!

I loved watching House MD, it is still my favourite TV- series.

I also like to cook and would have become a culinary chef, if noisy and stressful enviroments would not be chaotic for me. I enjoy cooking at home,making fusion recipes and inventing my own.I have a library full of culinary books. May be it's one of my special interests!

I enjoy also watching Top Chef, Master Chef and other similar shows.

Currently i am studying Psychology as a second Bachelor degree.

By the way cool artworks! :D

Hello Hannibal! :) Nice to meet you.

Welcome to the forums!

I loved watching House MD, it is still my favourite TV- series.

I also like to cook and would have become a culinary chef, if noisy and stressful enviroments would not be chaotic for me. I enjoy cooking at home,making fusion recipes and inventing my own.I have a library full of culinary books. May be it's one of my special interests!

I enjoy also watching Top Chef, Master Chef and other similar shows.

Currently i am studying Psychology as a second Bachelor degree.

By the way cool artworks! :D
I use certain earbuds and coping techniques to handle the environment. It's not easy but I've made it work... why not, since I'm great at it and can make a lot of money from it? Some people aren't as lucky.

Thanks so much! We sound similar. It's nice to meet you

Try and get the golden rule manufactured by lutterloh, you get a large shaped perspex ruler, instructions, drawing pins and a pattern booklet if you buy a package ,you can get older ones on eBay it's not £40-50 ($65-75) but more than that ,you make clothes tailored to you.

thank you, i'll look into that! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom