• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've found my people

Hannibal

a cannibal
V.I.P Member
I was medically diagnosed May 27th, a day after my birthday, just a week ago. I'm still quite young, however I spent my childhood and adolescence believing I was defunct, bad, unrelatable, and that something was wrong with me. I know now that that's not the case.

Because of my differences I've always had an incredibly difficult time making friends. I decided to research autism forums and blogs after my diagnosis in hopes of finding an active community I could interact with. I'm very lucky to have the Internet at my disposal and don't know where I'd be without it.

I'm a professional artist, cook, have an extended education in psychology... and I'm a bit of a "weeb" (anime, furries, convention lover, all things odd). I hope to meet some kind people here!

I was medically diagnosed May 27th, a day after my birthday, just a week ago. I'm still quite young, however I spent my childhood and adolescence believing I was defunct, bad, unrelatable, and that something was wrong with me. I know now that that's not the case.

Because of my differences I've always had an incredibly difficult time making friends. I decided to research autism forums and blogs after my diagnosis in hopes of finding an active community I could interact with. I'm very lucky to have the Internet at my disposal and don't know where I'd be without it.

I'm a professional artist, cook, have an extended education in psychology... and I'm a bit of a "weeb" (anime, furries, convention lover, all things odd). I hope to meet some kind people here!

Welcome, @Hannibal!
I'm new here too and I love Hannibal.
Hope that we can be friends :D

Welcome, @Hannibal!
I'm new here too and I love Hannibal.
Hope that we can be friends :D
I have a few shows, characters, and other media I'm very passionate about / interested in and Hannibal is one of them haha. I couldn't decide whether to make my profile Hannibal, House, M.D., or Bojack Horseman. It's nice to meet you!

and I'm a bit of a "weeb" (anime, furries, convention lover, all things odd).

OOH, yes, these things, I know these things. Well, not the furries bit, that's outside of my territory. But all the other stuff. Frequent cosplayer and convention-goer here (like, really, REALLY frequent... until Covid anyway). It's like totally my thing. Also gaming and all sorts of other geek stuff.

I can SORTA go with the artist bit too, though what I do is digital fractal art. It's something though.

Certainly interesting to meet you, then. Not often that I meet someone that fits into these categories, really.

OOH, yes, these things, I know these things. Well, not the furries bit, that's outside of my territory. But all the other stuff. Frequent cosplayer and convention-goer here (like, really, REALLY frequent... until Covid anyway). It's like totally my thing. Also gaming and all sorts of other geek stuff.

I can SORTA go with the artist bit too, though what I do is digital fractal art. It's something though.

Certainly interesting to meet you, then. Not often that I meet someone that fits into these categories, really.
It's nice to meet you too! I love cosplaying. Conventions were great before COVID. Since COVID I've felt quite estranged from my interests. Gaming is a pretty big interest of mine, more of like, roleplaying, D&D, Skrim, Animal Crossing, though, that kind of stuff. I enjoy watching gameplays but sadly I don't have the time to play a lot of lengthy games like Resident Evil and stuff. I wish I did. I'm a digital artist as well but I've never heard of digital "fractal" art. I draw fanart, OCs, do lighting and anatomy studies and such. I do oil paintings and graphite too, however that's mainly for financial reasons and not a huge passion of mine lmao.

A multifaceted new member, great you are here.

Some here post their artwork including @Misery and beautiful digital art, another member delights us with beautiful photography from Canada.

So we hope you share some of your portfolio with us.

Welcome☺

A multifaceted new member, great you are here.

Some here post their artwork including @Misery and beautiful digital art, another member delights us with beautiful photography from Canada.

So we hope you share some of your portfolio with us.

Welcome☺
I definitely will at some point! Right before I registered I was looking at people's posts in the media section of art. Thanks for having me

It's nice to meet you too! I love cosplaying. Conventions were great before COVID. Since COVID I've felt quite estranged from my interests. Gaming is a pretty big interest of mine, more of like, roleplaying, D&D, Skrim, Animal Crossing, though, that kind of stuff. I enjoy watching gameplays but sadly I don't have the time to play a lot of lengthy games like Resident Evil and stuff. I wish I did. I'm a digital artist as well but I've never heard of digital "fractal" art. I draw fanart, OCs, do lighting and anatomy studies and such. I do oil paintings and graphite too, however that's mainly for financial reasons and not a huge passion of mine lmao.

Oh yes, conventions were great before Covid, now they're just bloody dead. Feh. The lack of them is a source of stress to me for various reasons... nothing that can be done though.

Gaming now, that I could rant about for pages and pages, though of course with so many different genres there's not necessarily a match really. I tend towards roguelikes and such... I used to be into turn-based RPGs, waaaaaay back when (I'm talking like NES era) but after not too long they started to get WAY too easy... like "just hit attack over and over, who needs all those spells" sort of easy. Need a challenge for anything to even hold my attention, so... yeah, switched genres. Well, USUALLY need a challenge. Sometimes a game like Animal Crossing is just right, eh? I remember the Gamecube version, boy was that a treat. I havent played the new one.

Also enjoy watching gameplay too! Do you have any specific Youtubers you like to watch? (or things on Youtube in general?) There are certainly some games that I much prefer to play myself, while others I will just watch through instead (like Resident Evil 8, watching that lately). Definitely understand the appeal of watching those. Overall I tend more towards indie games though, but still, any can be good.

As for what fractal art is, er... frankly the explanation is a headache.

Here, have a look for examples: ScrapFractals - Hobbyist, Digital Artist | DeviantArt

Those are things I've made! Ignore the pair of godawful eldritch meat face monsters, most fractal artists dont do stuff like that, though they are still fractals. I'm bloody strange though so I made them anyway. Because I can.

Fractals are... I guess you could say they're made of math (which you dont have to understand to make them). A visual representation of some crazy algorithm... if you've ever heard of Mandelbrot, that's an example of a fractal (and it's the most famous example). Making the things is a very strange process... with normal art, you just decide "well I think I'll draw a frog today" and then sit down and start with a blank slate and work till you have a frog. With fractals, you start with some bizarre nonsense shape and sort of twist and tweak it until you get something that doesnt suck... it's a very "exploratory" form of art. Sometimes literally, as the 3D ones often involve diving deep into them with the camera to find interesting shapes. And all the while, you can tweak parameters to make the shapes of the things change... the possibilities are endless (and so are the individual fractals, they tend to be infinite). As you can see in the gallery there, they can look wildly different. The process of creating them is a strange one and the programs used are horribly complicated yet nowhere near as hard to get started with as they look. I only started on this about 2 months ago.

They also tend not to take all that long to make. Some of them take a few hours, others take like 3 minutes, even if they LOOK horribly complicated. But, they can take long to RENDER. Very... very long. Animations made out of them, in particular, take an absolutely stupid amount of time to render.

How about you, got any examples of the sorts of things you make? I'm sure everyone on here would love to see them.

Oh yes, conventions were great before Covid, now they're just bloody dead. Feh. The lack of them is a source of stress to me for various reasons... nothing that can be done though.

Gaming now, that I could rant about for pages and pages, though of course with so many different genres there's not necessarily a match really. I tend towards roguelikes and such... I used to be into turn-based RPGs, waaaaaay back when (I'm talking like NES era) but after not too long they started to get WAY too easy... like "just hit attack over and over, who needs all those spells" sort of easy. Need a challenge for anything to even hold my attention, so... yeah, switched genres. Well, USUALLY need a challenge. Sometimes a game like Animal Crossing is just right, eh? I remember the Gamecube version, boy was that a treat. I havent played the new one.

Also enjoy watching gameplay too! Do you have any specific Youtubers you like to watch? (or things on Youtube in general?) There are certainly some games that I much prefer to play myself, while others I will just watch through instead (like Resident Evil 8, watching that lately). Definitely understand the appeal of watching those. Overall I tend more towards indie games though, but still, any can be good.

As for what fractal art is, er... frankly the explanation is a headache.

Here, have a look for examples: ScrapFractals - Hobbyist, Digital Artist | DeviantArt

Those are things I've made! Ignore the pair of godawful eldritch meat face monsters, most fractal artists dont do stuff like that, though they are still fractals. I'm bloody strange though so I made them anyway. Because I can.

Fractals are... I guess you could say they're made of math (which you dont have to understand to make them). A visual representation of some crazy algorithm... if you've ever heard of Mandelbrot, that's an example of a fractal (and it's the most famous example). Making the things is a very strange process... with normal art, you just decide "well I think I'll draw a frog today" and then sit down and start with a blank slate and work till you have a frog. With fractals, you start with some bizarre nonsense shape and sort of twist and tweak it until you get something that doesnt suck... it's a very "exploratory" form of art. Sometimes literally, as the 3D ones often involve diving deep into them with the camera to find interesting shapes. And all the while, you can tweak parameters to make the shapes of the things change... the possibilities are endless (and so are the individual fractals, they tend to be infinite). As you can see in the gallery there, they can look wildly different. The process of creating them is a strange one and the programs used are horribly complicated yet nowhere near as hard to get started with as they look. I only started on this about 2 months ago.

They also tend not to take all that long to make. Some of them take a few hours, others take like 3 minutes, even if they LOOK horribly complicated. But, they can take long to RENDER. Very... very long. Animations made out of them, in particular, take an absolutely stupid amount of time to render.

How about you, got any examples of the sorts of things you make? I'm sure everyone on here would love to see them.
I love indie games too. Personally speaking, I'm a huge PS, Nintendo, card, and PC fan. I plan on indulging in PC gaming like I used to again... double monitors curved and everything. Some of my favorites on PC have been the Portal series, Skyrim series, The Stanley Parable, Don't Starve, Oxenfree, Silent Hill series, Little Nightmares, Undertale, and many more. I have HEAVILY considered getting into Danganronpa. Games on other platforms I loved are Detroit: Become Human, The Last of Us, I was obsessed with Destiny for about six months, the Fallout series, and more. A couple of these I was heavily involved with including the fandom aspect.

I am a huge YouTube fanatic. My interests jump all over the place. In the gaming area, I frequently watch CallMeKevin, sometimes I watch JackSepticEye, and RTGamer. I am more passionate about other subjects on YT though, like shitposts, medical topics, anime stuff, true crime, and docuseries. Other YouTubers I love are Bailey Sarian, Chubbyemu, SomeOrdinaryGamers, Caitlin Doughty, Mama Max, AnxietyWar, TheRightOpinion, Kurtzgesagt, and Nexpo. If you have any favorite YouTubers of any kind feel free to tell me! I'm sure there's some I'll know and like. I can't possibly list them all.

As soon as I saw the examples it clicked in my head. I know exactly what you're talking about! I've seen art like that before and I love it. I never thought of someone being, specifically speaking, a fractal artist though... which is why it didn't register at first. I always thought of it as computer generated, mathematical, or nature related. I think they're beautiful. I am mesmerized by things like that and I'm not sure why. Chaotic yet natural at the same time. It's hard to describe. I'm assuming those are your pieces. If so, they're great! These are my personal favorites: Vortex Phoenix Dart and The Corridor I could actually write a short story about the last one. Some very specific scenes / imagery came to my head when I saw it.

My art is all on Facebook or Instagram. I'll attach a couple examples that show how different my art can be. The dog is an oil painting and the tiger is digital art. The painting was a commission of someone's pit bull.

B269A781-1525-44C4-8991-0D3CE31543B1.jpeg
F4A5276F-D685-49F7-A907-6EFB475B0318.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom