• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've always wanted to push boundaries.

Wulven

Speed, strength, reflexes, kinda everything. I've been trying. But, I always hit a limit. My mind. Just can't get it to sync to a higher speed. I'm always going to have that limitation too. It doesn't upset me though. I'm not going to reach those goals in this life. And that's okay too. But, the "next" one. :innocent:

My main goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with my own body.

@Wulven
"My main goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with my own body."

How to you plan to do that?

I was never good at popular sports, lack of reflexes, lack of proprioception, so for the longest time had nothing to help with pushing my boundaries. Then I started getting into personal sports; XC-Skiing, Whitewater Solo Open Canoe (to Class IV), Wilderness Backpacking, Bicycling, SCUBA including night and EANx diving, and now performance driving/racing. Unlike the boring pro sports, those personal sports opened up the world to me.

Pushing boundaries only requires finding your interest and the perseverence to put in the practice for skills that keep you safe and grow your skill.

Last edited:
WellmadeElatedHorsefly-max-1mb.gif

Oh yeah, pushing Gs is loads of fun.

;)

I did xmas mail sorting one year, and it was so boring the only way to make it interesting was how fast you could do it, and that was the beginning of my ongoing RSI problems. The physical body has limitations.

Speed, strength, reflexes, kinda everything. I've been trying. But, I always hit a limit. My mind. Just can't get it to sync to a higher speed. I'm always going to have that limitation too. It doesn't upset me though. I'm not going to reach those goals in this life. And that's okay too. But, the "next" one. :innocent:

My main goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with my own body.

What I am reading is that you said on the one hand you are always going to have certain limitations. That you always hit your limit and that you accept that. Then on the other hand you said your goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One that is beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with your own body.

It seems that you have not accepted your limitations. How about your goal being the best that you can be? Wouldn't that be more realistic and attainable?

@Wulven
"My main goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with my own body."

How to you plan to do that?

As I said. I'm limited in this life. To function at that level. You need a mind and body that can handle the stresses and operate at those speeds. Without giving out. Human bodies are not made for such things. So I'll ask God. He knows.
And yes I did think this threw. But, regardless of mechanical or biological augmentations. There is still a limit at which the human body and mind cannot operate. And it falls way short of the speed I speak of.

What I am reading is that you said on the one hand you are always going to have certain limitations. That you always hit your limit and that you accept that. Then on the other hand you said your goal is to experience the fastest speed possible. One that is beyond anything mankind has attained and do it with your own body.

It seems that you have not accepted your limitations. How about your goal being the best that you can be? Wouldn't that be more realistic and attainable?

Sure. But, life has curve balls. There always seems to be something in the way. And I never know if I should challenge that obstacle. Or accept it. Even if I set a realistic goal. It may still prove impossible. This other isn't. Time and patience are required. Along with faith.

How about your goal being the best that you can be? Wouldn't that be more realistic and attainable?
BINGO! And there is the very significant satisfaction of being skilled in things that people sometimes dismiss as inaccessible to normal people. Think about it. Being able to face, safely, something like the drops at Big Mallard on the Salmon R. or Hell's Half Mile in Lodore on the Green R., or being comfortable at -20 F skiing miles from any shelter, is something that is very special. People talk about freedom, but they rarely know of the sense of relying on one's own skills to face the world head on.

Last edited:
Skiing, that is fast under the right conditions and you tend to be shocked how fast you go, and just how hard a wipeout will be. Water slides- that is a speed trip. You can go single body or two on a raft. Single feels more fast. Scuba diving doesn't seem fast but a water surge can carry you some distance. Parasailing - lift off maybe kinda of intense. Bumper cars? Some go really fast. Ice Skating perhaps? Understand that need for speed , had it as a young child. Actually rode down a steep hill on my bike as a tween and totally wiped out much to my mom's dismay.

That's interesting, I'm basically the opposite. When I excel at something, I tend to stop doing it. :eek:

Sure. But, life has curve balls. There always seems to be something in the way. And I never know if I should challenge that obstacle. Or accept it. Even if I set a realistic goal. It may still prove impossible. This other isn't. Time and patience are required. Along with faith.

Why do you think the other will be different? Isn't what you are trying to do part of your life not outside of it? Whether you do either the common denominator is still you and what you are capable of.

Put down the bong. Someday you, like Jim Morrison, will break on through to the other side. Until then find your happiness on earth.

You can rent time at a local racetrack to see how fast you can push your car. Might be fun for you.

You can rent time at a local racetrack to see how fast you can push your car. Might be fun for you.
I don't know of any track that will just let you run without the proper preparation and check out. Drive stupidly and you'd get a black flag. Take performance driving lessons at a track near you that you like.

Beware, it is not inexpensive. I have a 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder. Stock, it is not particularly fast, but I swapped out the engine for the 2ZZ-GE with a 6-speed and put in a roll bar. Today I am draining the brake system, replacing the fluid with high temp. synthetic, and replacing the brake pads to get it set up for next month.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom