• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's worrying to see this.

Imaginatively_Cute

Eternity_Dreamers
Alot of these ads and what-not, depicting such laziness from people.

Doordash for example - I find myself asking, 1st, people can't just get up off they butt and get the food themselves? Who would pay an extra 60 percent Just for the same food at say... A fast food chain?

Or the observation that people Seem to NEED money managing apps (Such as rocket money), What kind of tomfoolery is this? People don't check their statements anymore, or...
coming back to Doordash... They don't budget out their stuff at the store, to make it last?

(Doordash should be seen ONLY as a guilty pleasure, as far as I'm concerned.

Going into Rocket money, Which honestly made me laugh. It's a SUBSCRIPTION that cancels other subscriptions when you're tired of subscriptions. I wish i was making that up...

It almost sounds like a meme.

~This is part 1, will do more later.~

Perspective here: There may be some "laziness", as you suggest, but,...

For some, time is much more precious than money. Of course, you actually have to have money to have these sorts of priorities. Whether you are a busy, single parent trying to keep your head above water with all the daily demands, you are an elderly or disabled person, or simply have transportation issues, home delivery is one convenience that people are willing to pay for.

When I was much younger and had a lot less money, I learned how to do things on my own and did things, difficult things, for the simple reason I didn't have the money to pay anyone. It sucked up a lot of my time. Time that could have been spent on other things, but I really wasn't in a financial situation to have much of a choice. Now, things in my life are quite different. I am older, have money, understand the value of time, I still work 40-60 hrs a weeks, as does my wife, and frankly, when I am exhausted and just want to relax, I will pay someone to do things for me.

People pay for "conveniences" all the time in all sorts of aspects of their lives. Our homes are often full of "modern conveniences", dishwashers, furnaces, air conditioning, coffee makers, etc, and people are willing to pay a lot of money for them.

As far as money managing and those "helpful apps", it's amazing to note that there is a huge population out there that simply have not learned the skills of money management. No, they literally have not learned how to balance a checkbook, their monthly bills, their investments, credit cards, etc. In the US, in 2021, the average amount of personal debt, was around $96,000. Roughly 10% of Americans have student loans in default. Roughly 60% of Americans have missed loan payments. So, even these few statistics suggest that there is a problem.

Just some perspective

Advertisements are predicated on the "average consumer." When I watch commercials/advertisements I feel inherently dumber as the message has came across to catch attention for a particular product and the people depicted in the commercial presents an utterly distasteful dialogue with poor humor. Only thoughts that I can muster to come up with is the "average consumer" is an idiot that wants instant gratification.

Do we need naked bears and a song about your tushy to get people to buy particular toilet paper to wipe your ass with?

For some, time is much more precious than money. Of course, you actually have to have money to have these sorts of priorities. Whether you are a busy, single parent trying to keep your head above water with all the daily demands, you are an elderly or disabled person, or simply have transportation issues, home delivery is one convenience that people are willing to pay for.

When I was much younger and had a lot less money, I learned how to do things on my own and did things, difficult things, for the simple reason I didn't have the money to pay anyone. It sucked up a lot of my time. Time that could have been spent on other things, but I really wasn't in a financial situation to have much of a choice. Now, things in my life are quite different. I am older, have money, understand the value of time, I still work 40-60 hrs a weeks, as does my wife, and frankly, when I am exhausted and just want to relax, I will pay someone to do things for me.

People pay for "conveniences" all the time in all sorts of aspects of their lives. Our homes are often full of "modern conveniences", dishwashers, furnaces, air conditioning, coffee makers, etc, and people are willing to pay a lot of money for them.

As far as money managing and those "helpful apps", it's amazing to note that there is a huge population out there that simply have not learned the skills of money management. No, they literally have not learned how to balance a checkbook, their monthly bills, their investments, credit cards, etc. In the US, in 2021, the average amount of personal debt, was around $96,000. Roughly 10% of Americans have student loans in default. Roughly 60% of Americans have missed loan payments. So, even these few statistics suggest that there is a problem.

Just some perspective
While i agree with most of what is said here, Something like doordash is just plain silly, it's as if people cannot function anymore without the help of unnecessary things. (For those with medical problems, Im not talking about them.) But people who aren't making much money should NOT be even considering this.

I can understand DoorDash, and the like. Because sometimes I don't want to go out, and I don't want to cook, and I want to eat. So sure, I never use DoorDash but I can see wanting to use it.
The ads that get me are the ones that tell people how incomplete they are. And basically tell people that they are broken, but all they need to fix themselves is <insert product here>. (use as directed or warrantee void)
And the ones that raise the most ire in me, are the pharmaceuticals. Just ... don't ask me to explain. If you get it, you get it.

Advertisements are predicated on the "average consumer." When I watch commercials/advertisements I feel inherently dumber as the message has came across to catch attention for a particular product and the people depicted in the commercial presents an utterly distasteful dialogue with poor humor. Only thoughts that I muster to come up with is the "average consumer" is an idiot.

Do we need naked bears and a song about your tushy to get people to buy particular toilet paper to wipe your ass with?
Iconography.
that is the heart of advertising. (and most people would not listen to Statical data anyways, since (Evidenced by the Size of Tik Tok, AKA, Stupidity given a form.) people have the attention span of a gnat.

I can understand DoorDash, and the like. Because sometimes I don't want to go out, and I don't want to cook, and I want to eat. So sure, I never use DoorDash but I can see wanting to use it.
The ads that get me are the ones that tell people how incomplete they are. And basically tell people that they are broken, but all they need to fix themselves is <insert product here>.
And the ones that raise the most ire in me, are the pharmaceuticals. Just ... don't ask me to explain. If you get it, you get it.
Some of the "Ads" pushed by some idiotic "Influencers" cause you know, some guy with Tai lopez vibes clearly knows all. :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

The ads that get me are the ones that tell people how incomplete they are. And basically tell people that they are broken, but all they need to fix themselves is <insert product here>.
lemme link you a PBS frontline video, The Scum that take advantage of those with medical conditions need Swift Justice served to them.

Medical conditions
lemme link you a PBS frontline video, The Scum that take advantage of those with medical conditions need Swift Justice served to them.

Medical conditions? do explain... or you mean doctors pushing pills that put you in a forever cyclical reliant setup that never ends instead of people changing their lifestyle, diet and exercise habits?

Medical conditions

Medical conditions? do explain... or you mean doctors pushing pills that put you in a forever cyclical reliant setup that never ends instead of people changing their lifestyle, diet and exercise habits?
Pretty much, happens more often than not. and then they usually hide behind "Legalities" that may or may not protect them due to their Ambiguity.

"Rather than fix the problem, just delay the problem, then you have a repeat customer"
- Me

It also depends a little on where you live. I see your point if you live in a city with everything you need right next door. But I don't live like that so I get as much as I can delivered. I pay extra for that and it's worth it. If I could, I would get everything delivered. The other day I had catfood and cat litter for a month delivered to my doorstep, so convenient. :) Saves me a lot of time and extra work.

Yes, the pharmaceuticals treat symptoms and then cause more symptoms to treat.

they know what they are doing. I prefer plant healing, and holistic healing. And I'm an intuitive healer, so I go into a quasi-meditative state at times for myself. But as for snake oil? No thanks.

I'll look at it today some time, I have an appointment soon.

I feel like the food pyramid scheme that has been proven incorrect, tv dinners, fast food all started or was implemented in the 1950s or so coupled with big pharma getting their legs under them teamed up with the government to create a plan to push bad food to cause disease and then pharma comes in to complete the cycle to reap the benefits of medicine. So they created their own supply and demand essentially with a facade of "caring" about Americans (cant vouch for other countries) but inherently dont care because at the end of the day its a business.

Just some perspective
Debt is important and many do not know the cost of leverage or the exponential function of compounding interest. Those who understand leverage have used it destructively. Look at Sears and Toys R Us. Private equity bought them and then assigned the debt to the entity, not the buyer. They then had the stores pay rent for their own properties and sent them into a bankruptcy death spiral. Meanwhile the equity firms paid themselves millions in management fees. This is end stage rentier capitalism at its best.

Last edited:
Debt is important and many do not know the cost of leverage or the exponential function of compounding interest. Those who understand leverage have used it destructively. Look at Sears and Toys R Us. Private equity bought them and then assigned the debt to the entity. They then had the stores pay rent for their own properties and sent them into a bankruptcy death spiral. Meanwhile the equity firms paid themselves millions in management fees. This is end stage renter capitalism at its best.
Call it what it is, An oligarchy.
and we (the ones who don't have a huge net worth) are the battle pawns.
(Well, i suppose not me, since i have a well paying job and i own all my stuff.)

I feel like the food pyramid scheme that has been proven incorrect, tv dinners, fast food all started or was implemented in the 1950s or so coupled with big pharma getting their legs under them teamed up with the goverment to create a plan to push bad food to cause disease and then pharma comes in to complete the cycle to reap the benefits of medicine. So they created their own supply and demand essentially with a facade of "caring" about Americans (cant vouch for other countries) but inherently dont care because at the end of the day its a business.
>Majority Shareholders< are the ones who truly have a voice

On another note, Nice name (assuming that isn't a nickname)

Should someone ask, I'll gladly explain what a "Majority Shareholder" is.

While i agree with most of what is said here, Something like doordash is just plain silly, it's as if people cannot function anymore without the help of unnecessary things. (For those with medical problems, Im not talking about them.) But people who aren't making much money should NOT be even considering this.
Money is there to be spent to make your life more comfortable. It is up to the individual to decide their own priorities. There is no sense in putting up with a hassle on principle if you're not getting anything out of it. If you are more future oriented and would save up in their situation that's fine, but that's just your priorities.

Money is there to be spent to make your life more comfortable. It is up to the individual to decide their own priorities. There is no sense in putting up with a hassle on principle if you're not getting anything out of it. If you are more future oriented and would save up in their situation that's fine, but that's just your priorities.
The existence of (Subscription apps to manage your money for you) proves that a majority of people and their "priorities" might be a bit misaligned.

New Threads

Top Bottom