• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's too hot too sleep...

a,londs are almonds ,soya flour ,fried mushrooms,dried yeast,black treacle,lean grilled rumpsteak,dates stoned ,figs-which are a good laxative
I get major fatigue from drinking water if I don't keep my potassium high enough.

Also palpitations.

Took me 15 years to figure that out, and no doctor had a clue.
What B vitamins are you deficient in?

I have genetic B12 problem (mtrr), and pyroluria so low b6.

I also need potassium, but not sure why yet.

I buy from iherb very fast and cheap.
all b vitamins ,vit k ,mins iron ,iodine

i
I also have problems with too much glutamate so can't eat much of those at the moment at least.

Working on that now.
use a potassium supplement, its from the us -
i got it from amazon or ebay
its the gluconate form- 550mg but im always dehydrated ,if youre not get a weaker strength.

i hate heat and there has been a few days in the recent month or two where ive had to sleep with no sheet on just a cold wet cloth on my head, i cant open my windows because of mr shadow and being on the ground floor,i already sleep in just my nappy and my sports bra,at least my support staff cant tell me off for doing that in my own bedroom lest they complain again about doing it elsewhere in my apartment.

could
i hate heat and there has been a few days in the recent month or two where ive had to sleep with no sheet on just a cold wet cloth on my head, i cant open my windows because of mr shadow and being on the ground floor,i already sleep in just my nappy and my sports bra,at least my support staff cant tell me off for doing that in my own bedroom lest they complain again about doing it elsewhere in my apartment.

sorry my clumsy fingers
i was going to say could you get a small louvre door fitted to the window with a catch ,then you could use it as an air vent and cat proof

My bedroom is the warmest room in the house and so being too warm gets to be a problem just about any time of year. I have to turn the furnace down really low at bedtime all winter.

I decided to make a weighted blanket and chose sand for my practice blanket. Turns out that though it is too heavy to sleep under all night, the sand is cooling. I use it while I read and it helps me cool off for sleeping.

And it's been too warm too early here, too. Though it's suppose to get down to 38 I think Friday. Yea! Except for the garden. I don't think the tomatoes I planted a bit early will enjoy that but at least they won't freeze.

sorry my clumsy fingers
i was going to say could you get a small louvre door fitted to the window with a catch ,then you could use it as an air vent and cat proof
thankyou streetwise,ill ask the manager about that!

im getting a big run for the patio out the back,its going to be over the patio doors so i can leave them open without fear of mr shadow running off, i live in an area where all the drivers seem to have won their licences in a raffle as they are frigging useless! they come out of nowhere without looking when your driving past and speed and park over the entire paths,ive had 4 cats killed by cars,im not losing another. :(

im getting a big run for the patio out the back,its going to be over the patio doors so i can leave them open without fear of mr shadow running off, i live in an area where all the drivers seem to have won their licences in a raffle as they are frigging useless! they come out of nowhere without looking when your driving past and speed and park over the entire paths,ive had 4 cats killed by cars,im not losing another. :(
i had my baby kitten scraps killed by a car when he was a year old
i stand in the street and shout at the cats dont cross the road
they wash their selves in the road always washing
or lie against the curb thats horrible as scraps would lie in the road

I like my room somewhat warm (I use a space heater year round because the AC is too strong even if I have the vent closed), but not too warm. A few nights ago my dad turned off the air conditioning for no apparent reason (and without telling anyone) and even when I opened the vent and unplugged my heater, my room was sweltering. Took me at least two hours to fall asleep.
The past few nights have been okay though, so I think my mom told him not to do that again.

i'm a big fan of the Chillipad technology, it is worth ever penny! I can't really sleep without it in the summer months. what it is, is a circulating cooled liquid pad, using an external cooling apparatus to keep the pad cool when I sleep on it.

i
l always get a jolt when i remember your not in the UK
think oh it could 5 hours or 8 hours or australia its 9 and a half or ten
amazed me it took five hours to fly across Australia ,dont know if quantas has faster aircraft
Yeah I've never been abroad :<

It's getting cold here now after a stinking hot summer.

Well, cold is relative, but below 20c feels cold to me

Wow I need to come where you are, if I was rich I'd just always chase cool weather lol

This makes me laugh. Sometimes we're lucky here if it gets to 20C in the height of summer :tearsofjoy: It'll be 18C and men are out sunbathing with no tops on. I'm terrible with hot weather, but even when it's hot in the night I'm still wrapped up in my duvet...and then I wake up drenched.

WoW so jealous it goes over 40 here on the summer x.x I just can't

People suck, a lot of people hit them think it's some kind of sick game. I wish there was something that would/could be done about those sick people. This was a huge problem in the country where I used to live. -._-. If I ever go back I'm thinking electric fencing.

Have you checked out pet screening? You could get screens fitted for your windows and they make a thick, durable screen material that's especially for cats that might try to tear through them. A bit more expensive than regular screening bit it will hold up and just make sure the screen can't be pushed out.

WoW so jealous it goes over 40 here on the summer x.x I just can't

You'd hate it here then!

We rarely get over 40 because we get extreme humidity which keeps the air cooler, but makes it feel much hotter and less pleasant.

Where I live is sub-tropical, and it's like a sauna in the summer. If you sit still too long you'll probably go mouldy:D

A friend put it best; "summer descends on Brisbane like boiling oil poured on peasants" :D

I often wake up too hot or sometimes too cold at night. Because where I live now, I have no control over the heating or air conditioning. So whatever the temperature it is inside, I just have to deal with it, which kinda sucks.

When it's cold, I pile on more blankets on my bed. When it's hot, taking a cool shower before bed helps. Or having a quiet fan on in the room. I also use a pillow that stays cool so I don't have to keep flipping it for the cold side. I will also take all the covers off my bed when it's super hot and just sleep with a thin sheet over me. I can't sleep without something covering me at night and a sheet seems to do the job.

i'm a big fan of the Chillipad technology, it is worth ever penny! I can't really sleep without it in the summer months. what it is, is a circulating cooled liquid pad, using an external cooling apparatus to keep the pad cool when I sleep on it.

I wish I had known about Chilipads when I lived in Germany. Summers there were miserably hot and I never got enough sleep.

I like sleeping with a heavy blanket on me, but I hate being hot. So I prefer my bedroom to be really chilly while I sleep. However, my wife gets cold real easy, so we have to keep the room warm or she is miserable. While laying in the same room I will feel hotter without covers than she does with blankets piled on her. Maybe I need to start sleeping with an ice pack.

The ability to comfortably sleep at night was a major consideration in where I choose to live, which is (ironically to my username / avatar) at 8,000' (2438 m) in the mountains. Up here, even in the hottest of summers, there's less than 5 or 6 nights in any given year when I'm not under some type of down blanket because of the nighttime temperatures.......

Sleep well everyone :sleeping:

youd find that travelling is not what your imagination tells you it is
i would never go to a large percentage Islamic culture country again women are chattles
the security procedures are annoying to me !!
economy class is terrible for agoraphobia and claustrophobia and muscle weakness
same with trains
if you can afford to stay one place a couple of weeks you can recover from it
im react

I figure I've got at least another two months or more before I can have one of those nights where it's "too hot" to sleep. Where I have a fan going aimed right at my bed running all night long. Not exactly what Lionel Ritchie was singing about. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom