• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

its times like these....

Rachel Albritton

grasping life by the horns
i swear its times like these where i wish i had my own dang car. I am forced to have to sit in this house and hear everyone in my family call me a hypochondriac and tell me that the wound i have right now does not need to be seen by a dr. I HAVE A GAPING HOLE IN MY SHIN! 24 hours ago, i was walking through an abandoned yard beside my house, a shortcut to go to my sister's house. Well, unbeknown to me, there was a metal pipe sticking out of the ground....i tripped over it. i thought i could make it to my sister's until i looked down to see blood quickly pooling on my pants. i lifted my pant leg and there was a gash, bleeding quite profusely, in my leg. I went home, got the majority of the bleeding to stop, then told my mom (who was working) to come home and see if she needs me to take it to get stitches. Well for someone who makes a big deal when i want to go to school and makes me stay here because i apparently cant do anything, she thinks this gaping hole doesnt need stitches...that it will heal from the inside out. 24 hours later it is still bleeding and i can see in the small hole, into my leg. If my twin brother had gotten hurt this badly, she would RUSH him to the ER, no questions asked. I dont know why everyone is so insistent on calling me a hypochondriac when i am cautious and i know my own dang body. I do not want to get an infection and then have HER tell me "oh well dont tell the doctor i took this long to take you to get it looked at". Like she did when i told her i had an ear infection and she didnt believe me until i was writhing in pain with 2 ears i couldn't hear out of while going to school. its times like these when i wish i was on my own...free to go to the dr about something that i am concerned about. when i wish i could tell someone something and they would listen. its times like these i wish i were dead. its not like anyone cares about damaged old rachel anyway. the basket case, the hypochondriac, the one that always gets the short end of the stick, the one whose dad abandoned her for no apparent reason.

Owie... I do believe you can use hydrogen peroxide to safely clean a wound 2-3 times, but maybe not more than once a day. More than that starts to harm healthy tissue. Keep it clean and dressed. I think 1-2 daily cleanings is the recommended dosage. Stay away from the rubbing alcohol. Hydrogen peroxide is bubbly and kind of tickles, but the rubbing alcohol in a deep cut may cause temporary memory loss as you body purposely tries to forget such pain. (Light humour, but that really is the only blocked memory I have. The dumb things we do...)

I hope you get better soon. And find a grandma or cousin or somebody to drag you to the doctor for some stitches?

When I was about 10 I was messing around with a broken shovel handle, needless to say my careless use of the pointy end resulted in driving it 6-8 inches into my right leg just under the knee heading towards the ankle, I pulled it back instantly in reaction and left a 6 inch splinter of it broken off in the leg, then dug that out because it hurt and limped back to the house.

Anyway back to the point, nobody helped clean it or took me to get it checked either, my family just liked to see me tortured and in pain. Keep an eye on it, if it starts turning pink in the skin around it or swelling that is infection and it can cause problems. If your mother is going to be like this and you think it is bad go ask a neighbor for a ride to the clinic/hospital while she is at work, at least you live somewhere close to neighbors, I wish I had neighbors more than a few times as a tortured child, the closest were miles away.

Makes me mad when I read stuff like this - I wish I was there whenever someone gets hurt, I would pick them up, take them to the doctors, make sure the doctor and nurses drop everything and attend you . . .
On the off chance that hugs might help I have made a special deposit for you, Rachel and also for randomperson (my hugs are seasoned time-travellers ;))

PS: I prefer natural remedies whenever possible and I find camomile tea to be a very effective antiseptic.

New Threads

Top Bottom