• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Isolation getting worse

What do you do if they have changed the shelves round again !,I would try to follow your process of getting to the supermarket and then getting around the supermarket! but! if they decide to change the shelves again! that will be different !I’m slightly hyperventilating saying the word different! thanks .

I've come close to wanting to punch out a Walmart store manager over this practice. :mad:

And yet I know at some point in the future they'll still change them around again. :eek:

Where the stress almost drives me to shop elsewhere and pay more just so I don't have to stress over having to hunt for everything all over again. But retail elsewhere will inevitably do the same thing. Kobyashi Maru....:(

Last edited:
It’s better than what the Disney Corporation supported ,when I used to watch extreme makeover home edition I used to think those houses are just too big, some of them were nearly the equivalent of stately homes in Britain and most of the people that owned those gave them over to the state or the National Trust,I remember them saying they did a finance check before they gave them the house Then you hear they’ve gone bankrupt and can’t keep the house and I used to think did you really give them the advice that they should’ve had, it’s heartbreaking to think they thought they would have a house and then it’s taken away.
I’ve remembered one lady who was living in a trailer, which I think had previously been an office and they renovated it ,I thought you should’ve just given them that again, at least they might be able to afford to live in it.
Yes, the trouble with Habitat homes is: you can never sell it until it is all paid for, so if something happens and you can no longer afford the house you are in you cannot sell it, so you have to evacuate it. If I bought a regular house and couldn't afford to live in it I could sell the house and move into a smaller house where as they can't. SO many people think WOW I can get a habitat house but along with that comes things you have to do that you don't have to do in a regular house. Like even one family who was living in a Habitat house had junk laying in their yard, they made them clean it up because they didn't want a Habitat house looking slummy. Now my house I can leave anything in my yard if I wanted too and no one can tell me to clean it up. I live in the woods though, few cars even go down my street.

Yes, the trouble with Habitat homes is: you can never sell it until it is all paid for, so if something happens and you can no longer afford the house you are in you cannot sell it, so you have to evacuate it

Wow. So you basically forfeit all the money you paid into it?

Sounds like a really terrible gamble to me, if so.

Yes, the trouble with Habitat homes is: you can never sell it until it is all paid for, so if something happens and you can no longer afford the house you are in you cannot sell it, so you have to evacuate it. If I bought a regular house and couldn't afford to live in it I could sell the house and move into a smaller house where as they can't. SO many people think WOW I can get a habitat house but along with that comes things you have to do that you don't have to do in a regular house. Like even one family who was living in a Habitat house had junk laying in their yard, they made them clean it up because they didn't want a Habitat house looking slummy. Now my house I can leave anything in my yard if I wanted too and no one can tell me to clean it up. I live in the woods though, few cars even go down my street.
I don’t think the humanity bit is appropriate then, it might be a habitat it’s not humane,it’s a lot like the council houses here except the government have added on an extra room tax ,So people who lived alone in the house have to give it up ,if they have an extra room or pay the tax ,the reason for the tax is despicable in the effect it has .
Also the people who own the council houses have become arrogant ,they don’t realise that the people that live in them are renting the houses ,so they don’t have any right to make a comment about someone who has bought the council house out right. they also do as little as possible to help anyone who needs help they refused a man who has or had a lung condition ,which meant his lungs were completely scarred and needed a one story house or more accurately a ground floor house we call them bungalows.They wouldn’t give him one ,I can’t see the point of calling it housing for the disabled, it was the same with my mother we couldn’t get carers apart from two hours a day we needed a bungalow she was completely paralysed wouldn’t give us one ,waited till the day that the builders came ,to knock down the bathroom at the back of the house ,to add on a bedroom and sent an application form saying they had changed their policy, better stop might get into politics.

I don’t think the humanity bit is appropriate then, it might be a habitat it’s not humane,it’s a lot like the council houses here except the government have added on an extra room tax ,So people who lived alone in the house have to give it up ,if they have an extra room or pay the tax ,the reason for the tax is despicable in the effect it has .
Also the people who own the council houses have become arrogant ,they don’t realise that the people that live in them are renting the houses ,so they don’t have any right to make a comment about someone who has bought the council house out right. they also do as little as possible to help anyone who needs help they refused a man who has or had a lung condition ,which meant his lungs were completely scarred and needed a one story house or more accurately a ground floor house we call them bungalows.They wouldn’t give him one ,I can’t see the point of calling it housing for the disabled, it was the same with my mother we couldn’t get carers apart from two hours a day we needed a bungalow she was completely paralysed wouldn’t give us one ,waited till the day that the builders came ,to knock down the bathroom at the back of the house ,to add on a bedroom and sent an application form saying they had changed their policy, better stop might get into politics.
I understand, it can get very frustrating!!! Especially when you are living it! Here in the states they give you money, where ever you live or what you pay for that is completely up to you. MY two sons live together and split the rent. They pay $1100.00 a month so $550 each. They have a 3 bedroom 2 bath house they rent with a garage and basement. They can afford that but now my one son lost his job so my other son is covering that so he is broke all the time too but at least they have a place to stay. There they have to keep the lawn mowed and in the winter have two days after a snow fall to get the sidewalks cleaned or they get a fine but that is all, they don't tell them anything else of what they can or cannot do. The other son is disabled so he cannot work right now but he gets the disability check.

Wow. So you basically forfeit all the money you paid into it?

Sounds like a really terrible gamble to me, if so.
That is what I heard! There have been people in the houses that we built in this area who have just moved out. I think they do try to work with you some though. The trouble is I think we used to handle the houses with a 0% loan, now it goes to an office out of our hands for the loans at a 1% loan. I guess it isn't any different than renting, if you move out of a rented house you don't get any money back. But in these houses you have to put in 40 hours I think (I may be wrong in that amount) of sweat equity which means you have to work on the house too. Help build or work in the office or restore so many hours.

I understand, it can get very frustrating!!! Especially when you are living it! Here in the states they give you money, where ever you live or what you pay for that is completely up to you. MY two sons live together and split the rent. They pay $1100.00 a month so $550 each. They have a 3 bedroom 2 bath house they rent with a garage and basement. They can afford that but now my one son lost his job so my other son is covering that so he is broke all the time too but at least they have a place to stay. There they have to keep the lawn mowed and in the winter have two days after a snow fall to get the sidewalks cleaned or they get a fine but that is all, they don't tell them anything else of what they can or cannot do. The other son is disabled so he cannot work right now but he gets the disability check.
People in the council houses I’m talking about have to keep everything mowed but don’t have to clean the sidewalk .

The problem is British people work too hard ,out of the people in my street that actually do it ,I don’t think they would actually be here in the daytime to do it ,if you want to pay rent for these houses you have to be out in the dark and come back in the dark, you couldn’t do it .

I wish I could do it but I’ve lost all the muscle tone in my midsection ,it’s damaged not completely paralysed but very damaged.
My heart was in my mouth for a minute when you said one of your sons had lost his job I thought oh crap no he’s going to lose the house I’m glad they can pay the rent .
I’ve never heard of Habitat for Humanity houses in the UK they probably are so much just never heard of them.

People in the council houses I’m talking about have to keep everything mowed but don’t have to clean the sidewalk .

The problem is British people work too hard ,out of the people in my street that actually do it ,I don’t think they would actually be here in the daytime to do it ,if you want to pay rent for these houses you have to be out in the dark and come back in the dark, you couldn’t do it .

I wish I could do it but I’ve lost all the muscle tone in my midsection ,it’s damaged not completely paralysed but very damaged.
My heart was in my mouth for a minute when you said one of your sons had lost his job I thought oh crap no he’s going to lose the house I’m glad they can pay the rent .
I’ve never heard of Habitat for Humanity houses in the UK they probably are so much just never heard of them.
I think they are in the UK as well, I know they are in other countries too so I am just guessing they are there also. I suppose no matter where you live there are hard times and troubles. SO much harder for people who cannot work and have physical disabilities like my son. On the outside he doesn't look like he has any physical disabilities because they are all on the inside. People just don't understand or are too quick to judge you I think.

I have only just seen this thread!

Have suffered my entire life from social anxiety, but moving to a different country, with a different language, has made it ten times worse and I am unable to go out on my own for walks. I can just about pop out one day in the week, to get rid of rubbish.

For the first time, about 4 year's ago, I experienced loneliness and found it frightening, because there was no way to lesson it.

I then discovered Korean dramas and that helps to keep that feeling of loneliness away, but it has to be on going, otherwise, I can feel it coming back.

In my country, I could just about go out on my own and even had work. As long as I had a book and music. I did not own a mobile phone then. Hated the idea of those contraptions lol

Now, moving to another country, I cannot do without my mobile phone.

New Threads

Top Bottom