• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this an Aspie thing?

Aspieistj

I absolutely hate to ride when someone else drives. They are too timid, too fast, too slow, don't follow the rules of the road as I interpret them.......... I know I'm not perfect but most other drivers seem so dumb to me. Almost no one "gets" what to do at a four way stop with no light. I get very angry when someone is hesitant. I know a woman who never confidently moves through an intersection. She always does the "finger wiggle" and invites everyone else to go first. I wonder how many accidents she has caused by making sensible drivers so frustrated. My father was a truck driver. He taught me to observe the rules he road and once I made a decision to move not to be a wuss and confuse other drivers. Rules were made to be followed and traffic would move more smoothly if drivers simply followed the rules!

Nope, don't see it as an Aspie thing. Personally I'm indifferent to whomever is in the driver's seat. But yeah, it's bad when people hesitate at intersections. You either have the right-of-way or not. It's conditional based on the rules of the road.

As Judge said, the issue itself doesn't have to do with Asperger's. But I could see AS possibly making your reactions to different drivers on the road more exaggerated.

You sound EXACTLY like me! I complain all the time of those 4 way intersections. To complicate things, my town decided to put in a round-a-bout and no one knows what the heck they're doing! I also can't be a passenger in the car. I get very agitated and I also get car sick.

New Threads

Top Bottom