• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is There Gold At The End Of A Rainbow?

I just want you to know that you are smart, interesting, and clever. I am a better person for knowing you. You are all super heroes!
xoxo
Thank you Steff.....you underestimate how nice and strong you are....up date your personal mirror a little, you are much more now than you were years before.:)

I hope you are doing well with your move.

There is a calm here.

It is unexplainable.

It is power, connectedness, and humility.

It is so foreign, but familiar at the same time.

Have I been here before, in a dream?

Am I built for this place? Yes!

I feel the powers of the universe begging to come to be.

I feel the sun calling me, and promising all the desires of my heart, not my body.

My heart is smiling!

xxxsdl

I did it! I found the love of my life. It is the most amazing thing. I can barely describe it, but I'm going to try. I am the love of my life. The cool thing is that I'm not just saying it anymore. I actually mean it. I am the love of my life. My happiness, my capacity, my acceptance, my forgiveness, my love is as much for me as anyone else. I truly am the love of my life. I want the best for me, and I believe I can have it. I am the most fortunate person on the planet. My life is abundant, and inclusive...

Life is so interesting. I wasn’t a typical little girl. The kind who sits around dreaming of her wedding day. The kind of girl who had every detail for her big day completely picked out. In fact, I was the kind of girl who knew I wanted to have a partner, but never put much weight into marriage. As I grew older, and my friends started getting married I saw the reason why so many choose that path. The need for companionship is so overwhelming at times for some people. I was finding myself being one of those people who was longing for a deeper connection, a life partner, but not having the ability to obtain it. It is very telling to me now that I know about my autism. I know that I personally couldn’t have had a traditionally successful marriage or partnership when I was younger because I didn’t understand myself, or my place in the world. I didn’t know that I wasn’t broken and unfixable. I didn’t know that I could be my authentic self, and that someone would be able to love me for me. I was always trying to behave like my friends did, and obtain the same markers for success. I never managed to do it because I wasn’t being true to me. I was trying to fit in in a way that I’m not able to. Because I thought I could if I just tried hard enough. I was always working on fixing one thing or another so that I could finally have what seemed to be so easy for others to obtain, but so elusive to me. I wasn’t able to articulate myself in a way that could fully express my needs, so I often felt used, and misunderstood in personal relationships, I still do at times. I want to talk about Love, loving yourself, and loving others. I want to talk about relationship successes. I want to talk about the triumphs of making connection no matter how big or small they are. I want to talk about what lead to me finding love on the internet, and the journey I’m on. I want to have a place where we put a positive spin on all situations. I want to find that Gold at the end of the rainbow…

Seems to resemble my present life?:confused:
I am maybe at least 1/4 Irish if tall blond Irish counts? so I may be as real on the Leprechaun front as it gets...but the ending still seems about right!:rolleyes:
There aint not pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow if everyone is too crooked and stupid to see it.
You actually have to work a bit to find the end of a rainbow fancy that?:rolleyes:

Holy hell, It has been a long time. What a wild ride. I was reminded tonight in a round about way of just how far I have come. Life’s challenges, and triumphs come, and go like the air we breath. I am so fortunate to have this thread as an archive to my very interesting life. I think I’m ready to write again.
And heck yes there is gold at the end of my rainbow, but sometimes it gets moved.

New Threads

Top Bottom