• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is There Gold At The End Of A Rainbow?

Totallysteff

I'm not sick. I'm just weird!
V.I.P Member
Life is so interesting. I wasn’t a typical little girl. The kind who sits around dreaming of her wedding day. The kind of girl who had every detail for her big day completely picked out. In fact, I was the kind of girl who knew I wanted to have a partner, but never put much weight into marriage. As I grew older, and my friends started getting married I saw the reason why so many choose that path. The need for companionship is so overwhelming at times for some people. I was finding myself being one of those people who was longing for a deeper connection, a life partner, but not having the ability to obtain it. It is very telling to me now that I know about my autism. I know that I personally couldn’t have had a traditionally successful marriage or partnership when I was younger because I didn’t understand myself, or my place in the world. I didn’t know that I wasn’t broken and unfixable. I didn’t know that I could be my authentic self, and that someone would be able to love me for me. I was always trying to behave like my friends did, and obtain the same markers for success. I never managed to do it because I wasn’t being true to me. I was trying to fit in in a way that I’m not able to. Because I thought I could if I just tried hard enough. I was always working on fixing one thing or another so that I could finally have what seemed to be so easy for others to obtain, but so elusive to me. I wasn’t able to articulate myself in a way that could fully express my needs, so I often felt used, and misunderstood in personal relationships, I still do at times. I want to talk about Love, loving yourself, and loving others. I want to talk about relationship successes. I want to talk about the triumphs of making connection no matter how big or small they are. I want to talk about what lead to me finding love on the internet, and the journey I’m on. I want to have a place where we put a positive spin on all situations. I want to find that Gold at the end of the rainbow…

If you keep following the path of love, you will find something FAR more precious than all of the gold in the universe; the source of all love.

If you keep following the path of love, you will find something FAR more precious than all of the gold in the universe; the source of all love.
This is so true! What I love about raindbows is that they usually have a beginning, and an end, and they are generally connected. Maybe as the story of our lives unfold we will be able to express or paths from divine to earthly love back to divine love. It might sound something like this: I Traveled The Raindow Found The Gold, And Now I'm Walking In The Direction I Came From. I'm Going Home.

It's fitting that you should liken rainbows to love, as I once heard a story as a child that they are a symbol of the great love a certain high someone has for all of us and that love will never end!

It is an exercise I've done before. One in which I have exposed bits and pieces of myself. It is always awkward to show your personal thoughts and feelings, especially to strangers. I am learning that the experience is more for me than it would ever be for anyone else.
So here goes, As an autistic woman I have an amazing ability to pick partners that haven't always had my best interest at heart. I like to say that I have a "bad picker". It might be true (It might not be). I might always pass up the nice guy for the one who makes my heart feel like it is going to pound out of my chest. I might tell myself every time I pick one of these people that I'm not going to make that mistake again, but I usually do. :) I smile because it is actually a wonderful thing for me to be saying this without having it be completely emotional, and negative.
I have opened my mind, and heart to receive the partner I was always intended to have. I have opened my mind, and heart to God to help me reach my true potential in all aspects of life. I have opened myself to the idea that life can actually be as wonderful as I believe it to be.
Life is freaking awesome.
Today is my one year anniversary for setting my intention of having had meet my future husband. I guess I met you within the last year, but I'm not sure. Life is constantly throwing me curve balls.
You Rock,
Steffanie

It is already a new year for some people on this planet, and that seems pretty cool. My New year will start in less than 24 hours. I am so grateful for all of my life experiences. I want to give a huge shout out to all the people who have made me cry, have made me momentarialy weaker, and have in turn made me stronger. I have nothing bad to say about any of you.
May you all have a blessed year (Life).
Steffanie

Isn't life funny. It is totally a tragic comedy. But I wouldn't change it. I am like one of those kids who puts a bucket on their heads, and keeps running into the wall. I think I've mastered a sit of skills only to find out I didn't realize there was more to it.
I'm a sucker for love. I'm a sucker for feeling connected. I'm a sucker for...

I'm not the kind of person to set a New years resolution, but I am the kind to set an intension.
#1Never forget where you can from, because you want to get back there: GOD
#2 treat people the way you want to be treated.
#3 Operate in love
#4 You can have all you desire, so be careful what you think about.
#5 You are worth receiving all of the above.

Sounds like me.

I was lucky enough to meet my wife, and even more lucky that she stayed with me.

My history was chaotic, and it seemed the only women I knew that were not nuerotic were in my family.

I was just attracted to the wrong women.

I wonder how much of it is down to confusion about what I'm feeling.

Love, lust and desire all mixed in a stupour inducing soup.

I've learned not to fully trust my heart, not because I think it wrong but because something in my body seems I'll equipped to fully understand the signals.

I've chosen logically instead, and I now have life partner and 3 kids.

I know I also have fault expectations due to too much time in fantasy worlds.

I wanted to be the white knight, but the damsels in distress were always cynical, cold hearted women.

I almost missed my wife because she didn't need saving.

I would have to say No because:

Rainbows are caused by the diffraction of light through water vapour in the sky.
Every person's viewpoint will see the rainbow "ending" in a different place.

So there is no agreed place that the rainbow ends, thus no gold. QED.

Sounds like me.

I was lucky enough to meet my wife, and even more lucky that she stayed with me.

My history was chaotic, and it seemed the only women I knew that were not nuerotic were in my family.

I was just attracted to the wrong women.

I wonder how much of it is down to confusion about what I'm feeling.

Love, lust and desire all mixed in a stupour inducing soup.

I've learned not to fully trust my heart, not because I think it wrong but because something in my body seems I'll equipped to fully understand the signals.

I've chosen logically instead, and I now have life partner and 3 kids.

I know I also have fault expectations due to too much time in fantasy worlds.

I wanted to be the white knight, but the damsels in distress were always cynical, cold hearted women.

I almost missed my wife because she didn't need saving.

Holy cow! Thank you so much for sharing this with me. It is awesome.

StephF, That is the beauty of faith. We can all see something different, but it doesn't mean it isn't possible for gold at the end of my rainbow (Path).

Totallysteff: some people look at the science of things and assume that there is no God. They will point to science and knowledge as evidence disproving God. I say that there is a reason why a universal language exists that all of the people of the Earth recognize, and that is love. Love is God by another name if you will. God does not mind this! Perhaps one day you and I will witness some of these folks being greeted with love and words of welcome by the deity they don't believe in. I believe that Jesus, the Buddha, The Profit, and others came here not to save us from death (we are eternal anyway!) but to save us from life without life, in other words, to show that the real 'secret' of life is love. Deprived of love, the spirit withers and distorts, regardless of how well one's body is maintained. One can go without food for sometime, but how long without love? Thus: "Not by bread alone."

"Where there is love there is life." - Gandhi

I know this is going to be typical aspie literalism, sorry in advance.

Rainbows are circles, they don't have an end you can reach. At least not in your current form; more poetically "stuck in this mortal coil"

After that, who knows for sure (re: rainbows, not the afterlife)

I think Rainbows are so beautiful, but I must admit that mine does feel like a record that keeps playing the same song over, and over again. I understand the theory behind rainbows, so maybe the circle is my reality for know, but reality can be changed by thought, so I'm still going to look at it as my path.

I would have to say No because:

Rainbows are caused by the diffraction of light through water vapour in the sky.
Every person's viewpoint will see the rainbow "ending" in a different place.

So there is no agreed place that the rainbow ends, thus no gold. QED.

Not only that, but absent the existence of a sentient observer to actually be in place at the right time means that, objectively speaking, there is no rainbow to speak of (ditto for mirages).

Considering that our reality is just that "ours" the rainbow is as real to me as an atom is. In theory, as a holographic universe we are able to expand, and change as needed. It need not be observed for it to change. I think I read somewhere that it actually stops expanding when observed. It is, in my opinion, that we don't actually have to observe something for it to be real, change, or be elusive.

Not only that, but absent the existence of a sentient observer to actually be in place at the right time means that, objectively speaking, there is no rainbow to speak of (ditto for mirages).
Quantum theory indicates that the moon is not there, absent of a sentient observer.

There's a sure Nobel prize if anyone can prove otherwise, and Einstein spent 30 years trying and still failed.

New Threads

Top Bottom