• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there any scary movie that you can't watch?

Adora

i have a few that even now I can't watch I just want to know do you have any movie that you find too scary or creepy to even watch?

the ring and it's sequel. I used to watch horror regularly. then I saw the ring. freaked me out completely. I have only seen one horror film since, and it was more funny horror.

I don't watch any kind of scary movies. My imagination is far too vivid and I'm afraid of the dark.

Centipede OMG....retch, foul, foul yuk. one of the only movies i couldn't watch right through. Just disgusting.

There's tons of films I won't watch. Too many to list. The way I handle it is to always read up on the film thoroughly or get reviews recommendations before seeing it. If a movie disturbs me, it takes way too long to clear it out of my mind so I just avoid them as much as possible.

Two that I wouldn't watch again for a long time were the original Night of the Living Dead and Carnival of Souls, because they freaked me out so much when I was young. But I have seen both within the last few years and now they don't seem bad.

That said I do like war and horror films and especially zombie movies. I'm just selective.

I'd say I have more problems sitting through some romantic movies than I have sitting through horror and gore.

As for horror as a genre, I always feel I'm too disconnected to feel a real scare there and so most psychological horror does nothing for me at all. I quite like disturbing visuals (at which point one can wonder if they are disturbing if you can sit through them without feeling uneasy) so I'm good with anything gory. It's probably partially why my horror subgenre of preference tends to be bodyhorror. I can enjoy all things disturbing done to the human form a lot more than some kind of scary monster.

Not one.

But then I went to college surrounded by criminal justice majors walking around with homicide investigation textbooks that would put any horror movie to shame. :eek:

The Ring and it’s sequels. We watched the first film in a class at school because we had a substitute. Since then, I can’t watch it.

The original Jaws.

I watched it when I was 6, just before going on Holiday, and it put me off going on the Beach for fear of Shark attacks till my Parents told me Shark attacks almost never happen in UK waters.

The original Jaws.

I watched it when I was 6, just before going on Holiday, and it put me off going on the Beach for fear of Shark attacks till my Parents told me Shark attacks almost never happen in UK waters.

I love jaws. I was very little when I watched it, so probably didn’t understand it...and might had bad supervision at the time to be allowed to watch it. My real fright was watching Deep Blue Sea for the first time. Like you, it put me off going swimming in the pool..now I can watch it. But only because I love sharks and care about their conservation.

Pretty much all haunting and psycho killer movies are too scary for me, I'm a bit of a wimp really. Monster movies like Alien are good though.

Probably the scariest film I've ever watched was Watership Down. 20 odd years later and I still have nightmares about those rabbits.

The first time I watched The Ring, I was so freaked out by the imagery on the "videotape" I was scared all night. And I would regularly pick out scary stuff to watch with the wife at the time. Now it's not a big deal, The Ring and all its sequels are cult classics to me. My daughter who was 13 at the time actually enjoyed watching them too. I prefer the psychological thrillers like that.

Now I'm not really for the gore movies anyway. But there was one in particular, I think it was one of the Freddy movies, where they ripped the veins out of somebody's arms. I'll never watch that again because I find it too disturbing.

Basically I avoid sexual violence or sadistic violence/ torture.
Although there are a very few exceptions where (I feel that) the story justifies that kind of thing.
I like paranoia and mystery, and creepy little creatures.

There are some too vile for me to want to watch. But as far as actually being scared goes, the way my mind works is I know its just actors and special effects.

New Threads

Top Bottom