• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is my mobile network EE conning me?

I wonder how many people are paying outrageous phone bills and are not aware that it is because of problems like this, apps and phones doing things on their own. It's very close to what I would call theft and scamming people.
I agree! In my opinion, all of the data consuming features should be turned off until you access the app for the first time, at which point it should take you through a nice friendly set up guide where it explains the pros and cons of each option.

Like "Do you wish to enable automatic video downloads while you use this app with cellular data? This will speed up access but will likely use large amounts of data. You can turn this feature off, but it may slow down the app unless you use a WiFi connection."

If you don't know about these things, you don't know. It doesn't mean anyone is an idiot, it's just something that you learn and developers and manufacturers should be making efforts not to obfuscate this stuff.

I wonder how many people are paying outrageous phone bills and are not aware that it is because of problems like this, apps and phones doing things on their own. It's very close to what I would call theft and scamming people.
I call it daytime robbery.

I agree! In my opinion, all of the data consuming features should be turned off until you access the app for the first time, at which point it should take you through a nice friendly set up guide where it explains the pros and cons of each option.

Like "Do you wish to enable automatic video downloads while you use this app with cellular data? This will speed up access but will likely use large amounts of data. You can turn this feature off, but it may slow down the app unless you use a WiFi connection."

If you don't know about these things, you don't know. It doesn't mean anyone is an idiot, it's just something that you learn and developers and manufacturers should be making efforts not to obfuscate this stuff.

That's an app idea, an app that makes sure everything is turned off and gives people warnings when something tries to use something on the phone.

But on the other hand, the problem is apps so maybe more apps is not the solution. :) Stupid phones, I never liked them. I should check my mothers phone and phone bills, she doesn't know how smart phones or the internet works, maybe she's paying outrageous bills too.

That's an app idea, an app that makes sure everything is turned off and gives people warnings when something tries to use something on the phone.

But on the other hand, the problem is apps so maybe more apps is not the solution. :) Stupid phones, I never liked them.
I hate it when you have to have an app for everything until your phone is overwhelmed with all these apps that you're not sure whether you'll need again or not so you keep on there just in case. So many accounts too, and even if I think I have wrote down my password or username I still can't find where I had wrote it down.
My husband has to download an app to see his monthly wages, and there's so much security to have to get past each time, plus complicated CAPTCHAs with numbers that are hard to read, and if he gets it wrong 3 tries then he can't log in until the next month.
Now I understand that these security features are beneficial and are in place to prevent hackers, but they make it so it's almost impossible for the owner of the account to get into.
I just wish it was more simple, like hackers can't get in unless they have both your email address and password, then if you don't share your password then it's impossible to hack into an account. But apparently there are other more technical ways to hack in without needing a password, and I heard there's even an app that can guess somebody's password by going through each and every possible password without the hacker having to control it, which is disgusting.
I'm poor as anything but I still could never steal other people's money. I wouldn't be able to enjoy spending it. It wouldn't feel right. I don't know how these hackers sleep at night. I call them low lives.

I used to carry a PDA that did everything a smartphone does except make calls. Maybe I will blow the dust off it and get a basic flip phone when my current phone dies or I lose it

New Threads

Top Bottom