• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it possible to get an Aspie back?

Asperger's (or ASD in general for that matter) plays no role in a decision. And all people are capable of lying, it's just how well one's able to do it.

If she doesn't want to get back together, she doesn't want to get back together. plain and simple. And if you think this will play out like a Stereotypical Romance Movie/TV Show... well... you're outta luck there champ

We have heard 5 seconds of one side of the story, which of course is impossible to do anything with.
but...
if you're willing to amend for your mistakes, become better and have acknowledged and apologized for your wrong behavior?
So is this a relationship or an activity?
Two of any people in a relationship might have to deal with one of them doing something so wrong that it's permanently broken I guess. But, big picture, we're all of us very stupid (definition of human). If it's NT vs. aspie differences causing the break-up, I can't see how it's possible that working the problems out is anything resembling a one-way street!
If you are fully willing to work with an aspie within a relationship so it blossoms, then half of you stand a chance of making it happen. I'm learning about some of my weaknesses, but if I impossibly perfected every technique possible which makes me more functional out in the world, I still have ASD so if I had a woman in my life, she'd still have to work with me for a close relationship to be successful.

As I said, I don't know but one side of the story. Maybe she's already been plenty willing to do her part? Even if I knew both sides, I'm the last guy to know what makes social relationships work. All I can offer is objective thoughts.
Long story longer, if you talk about getting back together in the future, I'd talk early-on about how both of you can work together (specifically on techniques for the social differences issue) toward success and make sure she's willing to meet you partway. Otherwise, it'll just fall back where it is now thus making the second shot a waste of both of yousn's time.

Last edited:
I am back to update this thread and provide an answer.

I got her back.

So, YES, it's possible!

And I appreciate everyone who took the time to answer and shared knowledge and experience on the matter.

She told me that she had probably needed a break.
It's all good when we are in person and in private.
She has started to open up to me more again but is still reluctant to sleep together.

We are now proceeding slowly. I am taking her pace more & respecting her wishes but I also make an effort to tell her how I feel about a situation that I don't like, not making it her fault, even though it's difficult for me to express myself in person, especially with disagreements due to my communication issues. But she seems open to discussing it and finding a solution that would work for us both. I am also sharing some of her interests even though I am not so much into them and she has informed me that she appreciates that. She has been understanding and kind in her actions towards me.

The downside is that since it's long distance I am fighting with my own anxieties when she ghosts me but we are setting up a schedule for weekly calls so I hope we will work things out. I do believe it's genuinely due to her being too busy and exhausted at this stage of her life. I have asked her (in person) to talk to me about issues if they arise, and so far she hasn't said anything so I guess there is nothing wrong. Just anxiety whispering.

Also if anyone is going through a similar situation, they can private message me and I would gladly help.
Stay strong. Stay positive. You can do it.

New Threads

Top Bottom