• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is it normal to be obsessed with people even if you don't know them well?

Ruby

Like what if you think about them a lot, you feel that they're attractive and amazing, but you don't feel much else towards them? What if you don't get butterflies or anything like that? What if you have thoughts about being friends with them a lot? What if you have thoughts about them snoodling/being in a relationship with someone and feel nice imagining that? I think I idolize this person even though I don't know them much, but I keep thinking about them and think they're quite sexy at times. Is it an obsession? I've had the same feeling for other people before. This sort of thing probably started when I was nine, but without romantic thoughts.

Are these actually people you might know in real life? Or are these celebrity crushes or random people you run into outside?

It depends. Sometimes they're celebrities and other times they are from school or a different club. I guess these people are pretty random since there may not be a good reason for me to constantly think about them. I think it's weird or unreasonable to like a random person more than family and friends, but that's the way it is for me. If I think about them a lot, does that make me obsessed, or is it just a special interest or crush?

New Threads

Top Bottom