• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is autism to blame?

Kayla55

I call shenanigans on any speculation that those of us with autism are to blame for sexism and harassment. That is too broad a brush and is overly simplistic in denying our experiences and the many times we do not engage with others precisely because some of us understand our social deficiencies and have become rejection sensitive.

In my observations I have seen far, far more sexism and sexual harassment by neurotypicals than neurodivergent, I say taurid excrement to this.

People; society want's to blame anything they don't understand for everything they don't understand. It seems almost inherent to blame / attack anything that is not understood. It is all actively ignorance driven.

Last edited:
In my observations I have seen far, far more sexism and sexual harassment by neurotypicals than neurodivergent, I say taurid excrement to this.

I think it is likely pretty equal based on what I see, based on percentages that may adhere to extreme such positions. Those that either need to compartmentalize, have extreme anxieties, huge egos, have empathy issues, certain social difficulties, distortions in thinking, etc, may be more prone to extreme sexist positions I feel. Whether it is because of some genetics, traumatic environmental condition, atypical personality, or combination, it certainly exists far too much in society.

I thus would not say Autistics are any more prone to this than the average population. Many of the Autistics I like do not seem this way. They can be reasoned with, if you give them some balanced or factual argument with details. Of course there will be some with rigid mindsets that can be less changed though, regarding their one-sided positions, if they have any sexist or other extreme or distorted thinking there. I am not afraid of giving my opinions like this, as I usually am very objective in my approach.

Last edited:
There are the more "mainstream" feminists, those that encourage "strength of mind", confidence, assertiveness, and personal responsibility, my wife and myself among them. Then there are the "lunatic fringe", the so-called "woke Leftist" types. These types of feminists are perpetually offended, get vocal and angry when others do not agree with them, they push a false narrative of systemic oppression, they see themselves as victims, are always on the defense, and want someone else to blame and "cancel", and don't want to take any personal responsibility for their situation in life. We are supposed to change our ways so they don't get "butt hurt" or "triggered". These people are the minority, of course, but very vocal. They live in their little information bubbles, think they are in the majority, when they only make up, likely, less than 1% of the population. In this specific case, in their twisted minds, they want someone else to blame and "cancel",...autistics and neurodivergent folks.

Feminism is one of those things that "It isn't what you do, but rather how you do.".

I wouldn't give this group the credibility or the attention they want.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom